NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

That's not a reason to say it's too big to be taken anywhere. The criteria can't be it must fit in a pocket.

Fair point - for me it needs to be pocketable tho! The other argument that comes in which I recall some made before comes back to the issue of lack of browser - would you carry this AND a tablet like an iPad at the same time? Really it's me and my situations - if I was in Kav's position I'd have a Switch in a heartbeat as I'd get so much more out of it all along the way.

Bloody hell.

If ever there was an image to make me regret not buying the neon console, this is it.

switch_joycon_zelda.jpg

Damn sexy.

Yeah I regret not getting a Neon one. I tried to change my preorder at GAME to it, but no joy for obvious reasons.

My Japanese one will be Neon though :D

Yeah I cancelled my Nintendo UK order. The uncertainty was driving me mad

You do know you get an extra years warranty with the Nintendo store?

You do know you get an extra years warranty with the Nintendo store?

You're the only person I know who gives a fuck about the warranty.

You're the only person I know who gives a fuck about the warranty.

Yeah, warranties aren't anywhere near as useful as folders.

:bouncy:

Bloody hell.

If ever there was an image to make me regret not buying the neon console, this is it.

switch_joycon_zelda.jpg

Damn sexy.

That shade of red reminds me of the Strawberry Split ice creams that I used to destroy when I was a kid.

StrawberrySplit.jpg

Nostalgia/10

Yeah, warranties aren't anywhere near as useful as folders.

:bouncy:

Exactly!! :D

Can't believe Switch doesn't have folders...

That shade of red reminds me of the Strawberry Split ice creams that I used to destroy when I was a kid.

StrawberrySplit.jpg

Nostalgia/10

Why the hell do you still not destroy them??

Why the hell do you still not destroy them??

I don't even know if they exist any more. I haven't had one in years!

I really want one now...

That IGN review was terrible. Vince was the last person they should have given it to.

That IGN review was terrible. Vince was the last person they should have given it to.

A poor review in the sense of bad journalism, or a poor review as in the Switch is bad?

A poor review in the sense of bad journalism, or a poor review as in the Switch is bad?

As a handheld, the Switch is a powerful piece of hardware with a gorgeous screen, but it's too large and power hungry to feel like you can really take it anywhere. As a console, it’s underpowered, unreliable, and lacking basic features and conveniences that all of its competitors offer. It’s nicely built and cleverly designed to be used in a variety of ways, but the bottom line is that the Switch doesn’t do any one of the many things it can do without some sort of significant compromise. Our testing will continue for the next few days as we try out the online features and other functions enabled by the day-one patch, but if I had to score it now I’d give it a 6.7.

I can agree with the as a console its underpowered.

....Is it Friday yet?

Let me just check...

...no it's not Friday yet. :(

Realistically I've got at least two shifts at work before I can even think about using the Switch assuming that it definitely turns up on Friday.

And three shifts before I can dedicate almost an entire day to it, after that though it's all good. :)

E-mail from Nintendo: 'Payment Problem: One or more of your items is now ready to dispatch, however there has been a problem processing the payment for your order...".

I login to the website, there is no way to change my payment method on the order that I can see. I am concerned. I login to my bank account to see if I can push the payment through, can't see anything online. I decide to phone HSBC but because I haven't called them in so long, I can't remember what my security code is so I'm locked out. Thankfully a 'Resolve' button shows up on my order on the Nintendo website, I click it hoping it gives me an option to switch to PayPal, but all that it lets me do is put my card details in again. I only have one card so if this doesn't work I'm going to be stuck until the very busy Nintendo support team can get back to me about the order, by which time it will probably be too late to get it on launch. It's currently processing and i'm checking my bank account every couple of minutes to see if £400 has finally gone out. Never have I wanted money to leave my account more than at this moment. Christ this is stressful.

I think it takes about 30 minutes for the system to update, so hopefully at 1am i'll know if the payment has gone through and can try to sort out a contingency if it hasn't.

Edited by killthenet

What if you ain't carrying a bag?

I have never, ever carried a handheld in my pocket.

I can agree with the as a console its underpowered.

I can't agree that a console you can fit in your pocket is underpowered. The amount of power in such a tiny shell is brilliant. It's pointless comparing it to PS4 and XBO, it's a completely different system.

I can't agree that a console you can fit in your pocket is underpowered. The amount of power in such a tiny shell is brilliant. It's pointless comparing it to PS4 and XBO, it's a completely different system.

I know but like it or not it's still underpowered in the sense its likely not going to be handle graphic intense games seen on those systems.

Some people are getting this to use a home console (handheld for me) and it's significantly weaker than the competition.

Can anyone tell me what the Bluetooth 4.1 is for if Bluetooth headphones don't work? What is the Bluetooth connectivity for?

This day 1 patch better fix this joycon issue. Too many reviews have had the problem and the in particular the left one.

You want people to return a product that joy con issue is the perfect reason for it.

Bluetooth is for the joycon connectivity.

You weren't very good at the alphabet were you?

J is for Joycon!

Switch still "processing" on official store, order was placed on 14th of Jan...starting to get a tad Serebii about things, I'll hold firm though...

Has anyone else's ShopTo Switch not dispatched yet?

All my other items that I ordered separately have but my console, Zelda and Pro Controller are all still processing. :hmm:

http://p.nintendo.com

Parental Controls app is live. It's also the Activity Log

Just got a text that my Carry Case, Pro Controller and amiibo are out for delivery today. Getting my Switch at midnight launch. Zelda is to be delivered tomorrow though :(

My Game order (Switch with neon Joycons, Zelda limited edition) has been in packing since Tuesday but no dispatch yet. The money has been taken from my account though so I am confident it will arrive tomorrow. Also tomorrow booked off so fingers crossed for a morning delivery, even though will probably turn up when I would have been home from work anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk