NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Instead of cancelling, keep it and resell it, or return it?

Did you see the gaf post saying that a controller ordered from NUK yesterday has a scheduled delivery for today at 3pm?

I'm not going to buy two UK Switches. Even reselling :P

Man, this thread is so stressful.

Haha, it's just exciting to me! :) The only way I'll start to feel anxious is if it looks like it's arriving Saturday... cos then it wouldn't be in my hands til Monday D:

Me and the missus have got Friday off and I have Monday off. We've agreed that she can have Zelda on Friday and Sunday and I can have it Saturday and Monday, so I reeeeally hope it arrives on time so as not to scupper our scheduling! :D

I really doubt that the official Nintendo UK store is going to fail to get people their Switches on launch day. Can you imagine how embarrassing that'd be for them as a company?

Have faith! They'll send them next day delivery!

I really doubt that the official Nintendo UK store is going to fail to get people their Switches on launch day. Can you imagine how embarrassing that'd be for them as a company?

Deliveries for me are always late into the afternoon as is, and it has always taken 2 days to get here while everyone else gets it next day.

Hell, my Super Mario Maker didn't come until the Sunday after launch

I have regrets

I also doubt they'll want to send them to people early either. They pretty much are Nintendo and Nintendo aren't going to want to break their own street date.

I also doubt they'll want to send them to people early either. They pretty much are Nintendo and Nintendo aren't going to want to break their own street date.

Exactly!

Sure, they occasionally get something to you a day early, but it's not the end of the world if it's coming the day it's meant to come!

I understand the anger if it isn't dispatched tomorrow. But no-one is entitled to have it shipped two days before when they will be sent with a courier!

I'm no longer much of a regular but boy howdy am I excited and right there with you guys!

Ordered games from Amazon and Switch from Nintendo Store, nothing had dispatched yet.. gimme that shipping email Nintendo!

There's a name I've not seen in a long time!

Might sneak out my hotel on Thursday night to go to a midnight launch while my girlfriends asleep.

What issues am I likely to have buying a US console?

No shipping from ShopTo yet. Just my Wolf Link amiibo.

Did get an email from ShopTo as a reminder that they won't be shipped until Thursday evening so not concerned there's no shipping notification.

Just hope it doesn't come late Friday although I never get morning deliveries from DPD. Always 2-3ish.

Still that'll give me chance to finish the platinum I'm working toward on RE7 so every cloud. :heh:

There's a name I've not seen in a long time!

Might sneak out my hotel on Thursday night to go to a midnight launch while my girlfriends asleep.

What issues am I likely to have buying a US console?

Hey dude!

Possibly only the power adapter, assuming I haven't missed something and you're coming back to the UK. I've heard the Switch is region free so I'm assuming you'll be good to go - that said, will your eShop be locked to the US store even when you're back here? Not sure if that has been answered..

Exactly!

Sure, they occasionally get something to you a day early, but it's not the end of the world if it's coming the day it's meant to come!

I understand the anger if it isn't dispatched tomorrow. But no-one is entitled to have it shipped two days before when they will be sent with a courier!

Who is angry?

If you had one on pre-order you'd probably be in here with the rest of us hyping over when it's going to be delivered.

I don't understand peoples need to come in here and judge us just because we're excited/anxious. This is N-Europe, we're waiting for the next Nintendo system to arrive. What should get us more excitable than this??

Who is angry?

If you had one on pre-order you'd probably be in here with the rest of us hyping over when it's going to be delivered.

I don't understand peoples need to come in here and judge us just because we're excited/anxious. This is N-Europe, we're waiting for the next Nintendo system to arrive. What should get us more excitable than this??

I'm not judging! I'm just saying don't worry! It'll be with you on Friday!

I understand the excitement, I'm refreshing my Amazon order page for Zelda on Wii U, even though I know I'll get an email when dispatched!

But I have no doubts it will be here Friday, and people shouldn't worry that their Switches won't be here on Friday just yet!

Edited by Mr-Paul

Hey dude!

Possibly only the power adapter, assuming I haven't missed something and you're coming back to the UK. I've heard the Switch is region free so I'm assuming you'll be good to go - that said, will your eShop be locked to the US store even when you're back here? Not sure if that has been answered..

Coming back to the UK, unfortunately, yes. Aware of the power adaptor but not too concerned about that. Wasn't aware of the eShop, need to look into that. Don't want to be stuck with conversion fees each time I buy a game from it.

Maybe I should just wait until I'm home but I really want to play Zelda on the plane...

I'm pretty sure that's not true, there's been plenty of chatter about eshop accounts and you can just make a UK account.

Simply Games have dispatched Zelda, just waiting on the Switch from official Nintendo now and Friday promises to be THE day :)

It's oh so quiet... :zzz:

Feels like the calm before the storm. This is where time stands still until Friday.

:geek:

If nintendo don't deliver on time I will not be happy :) Fuck sake, was hoping I'd get it tomorrow, not I'm fearing it even on Friday!

I can already see myself being annoyed about it constantly asking which fucking profile you want to use... even if you have one.

WHY DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE!?!?!?!?!?

I can already see myself being annoyed about it constantly asking which fucking profile you want to use... even if you have one.

WHY DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE!?!?!?!?!?

Relax, there's an option to default to a profile in the settings.

Yeah I cancelled my Nintendo UK order. The uncertainty was driving me mad

Relax, there's an option to default to a profile in the settings.

Is that definite? And then if you want to change user like on the wii u you click the user icon? Phew. :D