NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Someone really really needs to make a Rogue Leader type of game. I get that FPSs are popular but I wish instead of another Battlefront, they'd make a space battle type game.

My most played mode on Battlefront was the X-Wing battle mode. I couldn't get enough of it.

I would love for the series to make a return. Hell, they should just give that Rogue Squadron Trilogy that was pretty much finished a bit of HD polish and just release that!

Someone really really needs to make a Rogue Leader type of game. I get that FPSs are popular but I wish instead of another Battlefront, they'd make a space battle type game.

Word bro, WORD.

But if there's anything better than Rogue Leader it's Co-op Rogue Leader!

Hell, they should just give that Rogue Squadron Trilogy that was pretty much finished a bit of HD polish and just release that!

In a bundle with the Vitality Sensor maybe?

In a bundle with the Vitality Sensor maybe?

Indeed. They may as well throw in the QoL product in while they're at it. :D

Indeed. They may as well throw in the QoL product in while they're at it. :D

And make Wart their official QoL mascot; on a diet of veggies only...

My most played mode on Battlefront was the X-Wing battle mode. I couldn't get enough of it.

I would love for the series to make a return. Hell, they should just give that Rogue Squadron Trilogy that was pretty much finished a bit of HD polish and just release that!

Yeah, 95% of my time with Battlefront was the fighter squadron.

Given how many Star Wars games are in development, it's pretty gutting to see none appear to be a space shooter style of game. At least from what we hear so far. Those two on Gamecube were incredible.

There's a nice article on Eurogamer about the history of the launches of all past Nintendo consoles. Fun little read.

Interesting. The earlier consoles turned out to have some of the best games on the console in the launch lineup. GC had Rogue Leader, but after that it falls apart.

Looking at my order history the NES Classic was dispatched on Monday 7th and it arrived on Wednesday 9th, two days before release. I'm hoping Nintendo are as loose with the Switch, but I won't be holding my breath for it arriving early. Zelda previews are hard to avoid, getting me too hyped.

Just got the following email from Shopto:

Dear Customer,

We are emailing you to advise that we will be processing the Nintendo Switch Consoles, accessories and games from Monday the 27th of February.

Please make sure all address information is correct, and that the appropriate funds are available to avoid disappointment. Please note that when an order is marked as "processing" we are unable to make any changes or cancel the item.

We will be shipping consoles to arrive by Friday the 3rd via DPD courier (UK mainland)

ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, WITH ANYONE

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo Team

Fast RMX is going to be $19.99/€19.99 so will probably be the same price as Snipperclips in the UK. At those prices I'll only be able to afford one on launch day, so will probably pick up Fast RMX a couple of weeks later.

I'm planning to possibly download FAST and Shovel Knight at launch. Will i need a micro SD card to fit it all on? If so, where is cheapest and recommended size to buy? I'll be buying mainly physical.

I'll be going physical almost exclusively, although I will buy an SD card too sometime after purchase.

I'm planning to possibly download FAST and Shovel Knight at launch. Will i need a micro SD card to fit it all on? If so, where is cheapest and recommended size to buy? I'll be buying mainly physical.

I'm pretty confident fast rmx will fit on your internal memory (Shovel Knight certainly will).If those are the only 2, I wouldn't bother with SD cards just yet. If you happen to download some games later, you can always buy an SD card then when they're cheaper.

Yeah, if you only plan on buying games like Fast RMX and Shovel Knight then you'll certainly have enough space without an SD card, they'll take up 2gb at most combined, on Wii U both of them are way under 1gb in size, that surely won't increase much even with the added features in the Switch versions.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a unit at some point as everything that I've seen so far has really impressed me (Nintendo are even being honest about the battery life!).

Hoping that E3 is going will be filled with lots of thing to get excited about. Even though I'm getting pangs of wanting to buy this, all consoles that I've really enjoyed in the past 10 years have been purchased much later. So maybe by Christmas, maybe a little later, I think I'll be joining you for fun.

I know lots of people are excited (and I'm looking forward to your impressions) but I don't mind waiting a little longer :-)

Good video and now I feel like a moron for moaning about no VC.

That hockey Game! NHL 94 was so brilliant.

Good video and now I feel like a moron for moaning about no VC.

That hockey Game! NHL 94 was so brilliant.

While I too think it's a good video, I don't think the people complaining about missing VC should feel like morons after watching it ;)

Ofcourse if you rationalize everything, he makes a valid point. But the pleasure you get out of gaming is not only based on ratio, it's mostly based on emotion. The joy of buying a fresh new console on launch makes you proud of your purchase. And any missing game or feature or whatever will make you either defensive about your purchase: "I don't care" or annoyed: "this is bs". I think both are fine, it's your personal feeling and opinion.

What I dislike is constantly flaming on people for having another/opposite feeling or opinion about it.

Personally I'm not too fussed about no VC at launch. I'd rather play brand new games like Zelda, Bomberman, Fast RMX, Specter of Torment and Snipperclips at launch than games I've played a dozen times before.

I'm sure it would have been easy to get a VC up and running at launch but the delay seems to suggest they're overhauling it in some way, which can only be a good thing.

Personally I'm not too fussed about no VC at launch. I'd rather play brand new games like Zelda, Bomberman, Fast RMX, Specter of Torment and Snipperclips at launch than games I've played a dozen times before.

I'm sure it would have been easy to get a VC up and running at launch but the delay seems to suggest they're overhauling it in some way, which can only be a good thing.

Yeah, might be the reason. But better be careful with that assumption, remember that we expected GC VC on Wii U? Might as well be a choice based on economics. When you introduce it a few months later there's an install base that might've bought a lot less VC titles when it would've been ready for launch.

Purely speculative at this point.

Days Till Switch!

giphy.gif

Obey...

Yeah, I've always had this opinion since the NX days - Just focus on new stuff and bring in VC once the new stuff on Switch is established, maybe 1-2 years in, with a full catalogue. I really don't want to be tempted into buying games I've played before to tide me through the launch window - this is why for the first time Im very interested in the indie games now.

VC is a double-edged sword in that regard, as in there comes a point after you've bought a game when you realise you've been here already with this game and the nostalgia effect wears off.I failed to complete a lot of VC games on Wii because of this. I need new experiences.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

But better be careful with that assumption, remember that we expected GC VC on Wii U?

We have had a few tweets from journos and people with inside information this time. Rumours that Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine are being worked on for a prospective VC release on Switch.