NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

After getting a sizeable tax rebate, I had considered putting a pre-order down, but I want to see where the price of games is going to land as well as wanting to get a bundle if the prices don't go down much from placeholder prices.

So just returned from my appointment with Game. I've now purchased a Pro-Controller and case but cancelled Zelda as it's £60 in Game and £48 in Tesco. However, I do now run the risk of not having a game to play on launch day if I can't get a copy. Game don't have copies to sell as all are presold.

I watched the first minute of that joy-con video. What a load of cobblers! If you smother all the sensors with your hands you lose the signal, pretty much exactly the same as would happen with any remote control. If somebody is standing between you and the TV you've got a bigger problem than your joy-con desyncing... YOU CAN'T SEE THE FUCKING TV!

It's £44 on Simply Games which will probably get you it a day early, is there a reason you're only using high-street stores?

What's peoples' experience of Amazon Prime release date deliveries for games? Ever early? Considering changing to Simply Games myself (which would be like the 7th time I've bought BotW)

It's £44 on Simply Games which will probably get you it a day early, is there a reason you're only using high-street stores?

What's peoples' experience of Amazon Prime release date deliveries for games? Ever early? Considering changing to Simply Games myself (which would be like the 7th time I've bought BotW)

Amazon never send early prime or not.

So just returned from my appointment with Game. I've now purchased a Pro-Controller and case but cancelled Zelda as it's £60 in Game and £48 in Tesco. However, I do now run the risk of not having a game to play on launch day if I can't get a copy. Game don't have copies to sell as all are presold.

I watched the first minute of that joy-con video. What a load of cobblers! If you smother all the sensors with your hands you lose the signal, pretty much exactly the same as would happen with any remote control. If somebody is standing between you and the TV you've got a bigger problem than your joy-con desyncing... YOU CAN'T SEE THE FUCKING TV!

So why does it only seem to be the left side?

Love how you came to a conclusion after watching a 1 min video.

I guess the multiple sources all saying they have the same problem just have gigantic hands or someone blocking the screen.

Edited by liger05
Automerged Doublepost

There's more to it than that. There's a whole thread on Gaf about various outlets trying different things out to see if anyone can pinpoint what is actually causing the issue.

This video shows that there' seems to be an issue with the range of the things, which probably would never have come up in demo plays due to everything being close together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6w536jv1g8#t=16m40s

So why does it only seem to be the left side?

It's both sides but it seems to be more noticeable with the left one because that's the one used when moving a character around.

Amazon never send early prime or not.

Thanks! Just ordered from Simply Games instead.

Where is the Hype Train?!?!?

Someone put their hand over the control panel and the driver can no longer precisely control the train so please expect delays

Days Till Switch

...Hope we're excited...:blush:

Despite all it's shortcomings, I am excited. In exactly 7 days, I'll be playing the new Zelda on my first new Nintendo console in years.

Edit:

Ok hype train is dead.

Literally got an e-mail a few minutes ago, saying they don't have enough stock, so they can't guarantee a 03-03 delivery. Fucking retards at the Media Markt. Placed my order on 17-01.

Game is round the corner from my office and I wanted to collect rather than wait for a courier and Tesco was just because I saw it cheap, plus the added benefit that I get 10% off in Tesco so it will be £44. I should have really preordered everything from Tesco as 10% on the whole lot would be a fair bit, but traded in a load of games.

Anyway happy about Snipperclips bundle. They have historically done very good bundles like Wii Play with a Wiimote for £19.99

Ok hype train is dead.

Literally got an e-mail a few minutes ago, saying they don't have enough stock, so they can't guarantee a 03-03 delivery. Fucking retards at the Media Markt. Placed my order on 17-01.

Dude that sucks completely sorry to hear :(

You'd have thought that would have been an early enough preorder too.

I'm down for hype gifs now.

It's 7 days guys!!!

Here you go:

3iys6.jpg

5070987-9899566649-szkag.jpg

Game is round the corner from my office and I wanted to collect rather than wait for a courier and Tesco was just because I saw it cheap, plus the added benefit that I get 10% off in Tesco so it will be £44. I should have really preordered everything from Tesco as 10% on the whole lot would be a fair bit, but traded in a load of games.

Anyway happy about Snipperclips bundle. They have historically done very good bundles like Wii Play with a Wiimote for £19.99

Amazon never ship games or consoles early.

Always send day before release date.

Despite all it's shortcomings, I am excited. In exactly 7 days, I'll be playing the new Zelda on my first new Nintendo console in years.

Edit:

Ok hype train is dead.

I'm almost certainly getting two at launch. Would gladly hold one for you if you were after the grey one? Pm me if you're interested

I'm almost certainly getting two at launch. Would gladly hold one for you if you were after the grey one? Pm me if you're interested

I'm e-mailing them first. I suspect the problem is not the console, but the Zelda they've bundled with it. I'll see if they can at least get me the console, perhaps I can get Zelda somewhere else (on time).

Edit:

But thanks for the offer!

I'm down for hype gifs now.

It's 7 days guys!!!

Ok could someone more technologically savvy post countdown gifs for the next seven days? #batonpass

Forgot to mention Game offered me a mini Nes as I was pre-ordering Switch. I don't have an interest in one but if somebody wants one I don't mind going and getting it.

Edit:

Ok hype train is dead.

Damn sorry to hear... if Shopto comes to me with shite like that *shakes fist* though I preordered since Oct.

Damn sorry to hear... if Shopto comes to me with shite like that *shakes fist* though I preordered since Oct.

Shopto should be a safe bet for release or earlier, especially if you ordered back then. They've never let me down when delivering preordered hardware.

Shopto should be a safe bet for release or earlier, especially if you ordered back then. They've never let me down when delivering preordered hardware.

Great to hear! : peace:

Dat GameCube launch lineup. :love:

Someone really really needs to make a Rogue Leader type of game. I get that FPSs are popular but I wish instead of another Battlefront, they'd make a space battle type game.