NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Why am I eyeing 1 2 Switch up as a potential launch day purchase all of a sudden?

No knock to the head that I recall... :blank:

I'll go and have a word with myself see if that helps. :hehe:

Why am I eyeing 1 2 Switch up as a potential launch day purchase all of a sudden?

£36.85 Shopto I thought was decent. There seems to be much more games than what we know.

If it helps: Don't get it. Get Snipperclips if you want an early multiplayer title, or get Bomberman if you want a more "party" title.

VC at launch would have been nice but it would have eaten up many other eShop sales. The first party juggernauts from past systems always sit atop the eShop charts. Coupled with BotW, better for Nintendo to give the system breathing space for third parties to establish a viable eco-system for third party software. Their 'Nindies' approach is a great way to showcase this as well.

With NERD, Nintendo have a suitable VC developer with the experience and technical know-how to get things working quickly (especially on Switch's improved architecture). It'll come. We don't need 30 games day one (like WiiU had). Nintendo need a drip effect of buzz until Christmas. We all know the VC is an ace in Nintendo's sleeve. Better to announce it when the launch buzz cools off and to keep the hype train rolling...

Speaking of VC - Were people expecting GC VC games at launch? I'd imagine the other consoles VC we'd bought up since the Wii days.

@Rummy Is it worth having that discussion topic bought back up so we can discuss board issues? (think it was titled something like "this place")

There is a few of us that are not convinced there will be GC games at any time.

Although I am scared of the price of GC software if Nintendo ever did offer it.

I was looking for a great party game in CEX and Grainger the other day. All I kept thinking was "1-2 Switch will be better than these games..." There is definitely space in the market for a great party game that doesn't require plastic peripherals or core gamer understandings.

Can't wait to play it anytime/anywhere. Will be a right laugh.

There is a few of us that are not convinced there will be GC games at any time.

Im sure the President said something along the lines of "we're looking into it..." (LOL) - I'd wager its coming and if Im being honest, I would pay up to £20 to get some of those GC classics on the Switch...sadly.

This strikes such a chord with me (and may hit a nerve with others). I'm not going to take sides in the debate here, but I admire you for having the guts to say it. I've ordered a Switch and I don't really know why - I'm not even the tiniest bit excited for it at the moment. I feel a bit gullible for doing so, but don't feel insulted by your point of view, because I'm well aware it's rather daft of me.

On the positive side, I'm looking forward to playing (probably) the best version of Zelda, and I do genuinely want a lot of the 2D indie games. : peace: But hey, who knows? Especially with that embargo. It's probably censored, with the best stuff behind a DLC paywall! ;)

I think the switch is a very desirable piece of hardware. Imagining having my own pre-order on it's way is quite an exciting one.. until I realise that unless it turns up 2 days early I'd be getting it 3 weeks later anyway :P

Battery life test from Gamespot

Nintendo has claimed that its Switch console can last over six hours depending on usage conditions. Specifically, the company said that users should be able to get roughly three hours playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. We received several Nintendo Switch consoles in the office along with copies of the game and put that claim to the test.

Technology Editor Jimmy Thang played the game with a full charge on the screen's default brightness and got three hours and three minutes of battery life until the device keeled over. With a full charge and playing in airplane mode on full brightness, Reviews Editor Peter Brown got two hours and 50 minutes out of the console. Both figures come relatively close to Nintendo's three-hour claim.

If you're wondering how fast the Switch charges, Peter clocked a 49 percent charge after an hour in the dock.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-long-does-the-nintendo-switch-battery-last/1100-6448164/

Argh the previews have started to come out! Now I have to stay off the internet for

Days

Excitement is growing, as it does pre all Nintendo launches!

People who have preordered are more than entitled to register their disappointment as we learn what will/will not be on the system especially as Nintendo have been so backwards and coming forward with information. That said I really don't understand people who are not buying the console but still come on here to moan. I don't have an Xbox and have never been in the Xbox thread. I own a ps4 and very rarely go in that thread.

I hope people do battery tests with other games that are NOT Zelda and try turning brightness down/WiFi off. I want to see what the maximum battery life is...

Anybody know if the Nintendo Switch version of Lego City Undercover will retain the Nintendo easter eggs?

The game was excellent on the Wii U and now it has split screen I think I'm going to have to pick it up again.

I hope people do battery tests with other games that are NOT Zelda and try turning brightness down/WiFi off. I want to see what the maximum battery life is...

3 hours is fine for me. That's more than enough without needing a charge

3 hours is fine for me. That's more than enough without needing a charge

It's about the same as the original 3DS model. Really, it's a miracle all things considered!

I remember reading that the original 3DS could get up to 6.5 hours in ideal circumstances (brightness on lowest, 3D off, WiFi off, playing a game like Rayman 3D), so I'm interested to see if Switch can do something similar...

Yeah 3 hours on full brightness for Zelda on the go is absolutely fine, if not pretty impressive, all things considered.

More good battery news from Ars Technica

Battery life so far conforms to Nintendo's stated specs—I can get about three hours of portable Zelda play on a full battery charge, depending on the screen brightness. The included AC adapter seems to fill about 1 percent of the battery per minute (give or take) when the system is in sleep mode (that mode is very power conscious, incidentally—after eight hours in "sleep," a fully charged battery had only drained to 98 percent).
Edited by Ronnie

Reading some of these reports about the left joycon not working properly is kinda worrying.

Seems like a hardware issue and not software.

Reading some of these reports about the left joycon not working properly is kinda worrying.

Seems like a hardware issue and not software.

Hope it isn't widespread as that would be a nightmare for Nintendo.

Hmm, definitely sounds worrying but at least there is a work around by making sure it's line of sight with the console. Hopefully the day one update manages to solve the issue, otherwise it could be a very damaging thing for Nintendo.

This video shows the problem with joycons

That guy sounds like Rob Reiner in South Park.

Anybody know if the Nintendo Switch version of Lego City Undercover will retain the Nintendo easter eggs?

The game was excellent on the Wii U and now it has split screen I think I'm going to have to pick it up again.

Yes, the Switch version will retain all the Nintendo related easter eggs. I didn't finish this long ago on the Wii U, and with the 2 player co-op, this may very well be back on my agenda, when the price comes down though.

From NintendoLife

As well as teaming up with a buddy, the new footage highlights a couple of new costumes for Chase McCain to model as he fights crime throughout Lego City, and the Nintendo page for this updated edition confirms the return of the Nintendo cameos found in the original release.

Gamexplain posted a video about the "Desyncing" issue with the Joycons. Not as bad as others have speculated. Just don't expect the signal to travel through a human body with a distance of 5 metres between you and the docked Switch.

Didn't it say 3 hours at default brightness, not full brightness?

It did indeed. Someone has already tried a test with BOTW on full brightness though and got around 2.5 hours (which was the lower limit that Nintendo put out).