NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I've played a few racing games in the past where you tilt the right stick up to accelerate and down to brake.. and since there's no reason to press both at the same time, it seems like a reasonable solution :smile:

You don't like holding both so the wheels are spinning like mental but you aren't going anywhere? :p

My pre-order was originally an estimated 7th March but I've also had an email to confirm release day.

It's hard to judge what this means - have Nintendo increased the allocations? Are people cancelling pre-orders? Are there too few pre-orders in the first place?

We'll find out in a few months time.

Didn't Nintendo mention a couple weeks back they would up the allocation due to good pre order numbers.

I've played a few racing games in the past where you tilt the right stick up to accelerate and down to brake.. and since there's no reason to press both at the same time, it seems like a reasonable solution :smile:

For those who have never used triggers before it sounds great. In the real world this would be a disaster.

Very are doing a switch and zelda for 300, any way I can cancel my nintendo pre order?

My pre-order was originally an estimated 7th March but I've also had an email to confirm release day.

It's hard to judge what this means - have Nintendo increased the allocations? Are people cancelling pre-orders? Are there too few pre-orders in the first place?

We'll find out in a few months time.

Taken from Goafer's post in the other thread:

Because it's all about the illusion of scarcity. People now think it will be hard to get hold of at launch (people holding multiple preorders for example), so it doesn't actually matter if it is scarce. The public opinion is that it is, creating a sense of urgency to snap up any stock that does become available.

It's simple:

Release limited numbers to preorders to make it scarce.

Wait a few weeks to build a reputation as hard to get hold of.

Release loads more and watch people clamber to get hold of one, thinking they might not get another chance

It's cynical, but it works.

On a separate topic:

Very are doing a switch and zelda for 300, any way I can cancel my nintendo pre order?

Very have notoriously bad policies/customer service. I wouldn't use them for a console you were hoping to get on release (in fact, I wouldn't use them at all).

Aren't Very a clothes retailer? For curvy women?

Nah they do a lot. And their main business model centers around providing credit.

Zelda + Switch is £330 on Very anyway so not sure where Stuwii got that from.

Nah they do a lot. And their main business model centers around providing credit.

Zelda + Switch is £330 on Very anyway so not sure where Stuwii got that from.

It's quite easy to get 10% off there, see it on hotukdeals all the time, so maybe it's that. But yeah, I'd avoid!!

lol Resi 4 is such an awful pick...

I'd love to see a couple of Dreamcast classics make a return, most notably a new Super Monkey Ball that does SMB1 justice... and Power Stone, which has amazing 4-player local co-op potential with the portable and joycons.

I'd settle for ports. CrazyTaxi would also be great too.

I'd love to see a couple of Dreamcast classics make a return, most notably a new Super Monkey Ball that does SMB1 justice... and Power Stone, which has amazing 4-player local co-op potential with the portable and joycons.

I liked the Pilotwings mention, I'd love another entry. The 3DS one was good but a little bland

Would lose my mind if Capcom announced a new power stone.

I liked the Pilotwings mention, I'd love another entry. The 3DS one was good but a little bland
Yeah I had SO much fun with the 3DS game, it just needed a bit more variety in locations and more vehicles perhaps. Although I got what I needed to from it.
Would lose my mind if Capcom announced a new power stone.
Yeah, outside of Mario Kart there are few multiplayer games I feel suit 'meet-up multiplayer' better. It can be up there with Smash.

They need to get Gang Beasts and Duck Game. They'd suit local very well.

Speedrunners and Towerfall as well please!

Also seconding the recommendation to avoid Very. I once got a groupon deal with them(something like £20 for a £40 off £40+ spend voucher if all spent in one transaction) but because they didn't have an item in stock it didn't make the £40 and they charged me individually with each dispatch and then I had a bit of a hassle getting my money back/voucher honoured even tho they actually always had the item in stock - for some stupid reason I was either forced me into buying something different to make up the total to £40 just to use my voucher thing or I had to re-order and fight with them to get it back. They really didn't make it very easy - even though all I was trying to do really was spend my money!

I think GAME may have more stock available for both versions of the Switch so my chances of getting the console on launch seem to be improving :smile:

Just heard the Imagine Dragons song from one of the adverts on the radio there and it has got me slightly pumped! The marketing must be working :grin:

The Switch is back in stock at Gameseek for £198.50, apparently guaranteed for launch day for anyone who wants to take a huge risk or doesn't care about getting it on launch.

Has anyone who preordered a console from Shopto ever received it a couple of days before the launch day?

Yes.

10char

So with a little over 20 days until launch are there any whispers of a direct or stream to fill in the blanks or is it really going to be a case of just buying it and hoping for the best.

Yes.

10char

Which console was that and how many days early did you get it?

So with a little over 20 days until launch are there any whispers of a direct or stream to fill in the blanks or is it really going to be a case of just buying it and hoping for the best.

My money is on getting a Direct a week before launch.

Direct or not, I think we're all going into launch hoping for the best :heh:

In preparation, I've been wearing blue socks on my left foot and red on my right :grin:

Which console was that and how many days early did you get it?

My money is on getting a Direct a week before launch.

Wii U I think by a day, New 3DS XL by a couple of days maybe?

PS4 was on launch day but that was more than good enough for me. :)

Which reminds me, I actually have the just Switch console pre-ordered with ShopTo as my backup pre-order along with Bomberman secured whereas the Nintendo Store is my main order so it will be interesting to see which turns up first. ;)

I'm going to keep both until I check the unit I'm using for flaws and dead pixels but if they are both fine then I'll either have an extra one to let go for what I paid for it, or it might stay in the house as a second console - though unlikely - but either way I should be playing it on launch day one way or another. :D

Also yeah, bring on the direct! : peace:

I reckon a direct next week! Hopefully filled with good news on vc, accounts, os and online!