NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Need to pop by my local Smyths, who I have an online reserve and collect pre-order with, to see if I'll be allocated a launch unit. Would much prefer to drop at 9am on launch day rather than sit around waiting for the online delivery.

Went for grey, I'll grab an extra set of colourful Joycon when more flavours are available - probably around when Arms hits.

The Joycons also have + and - identifiers on them to help differentiate each unit.

Edited by Guy
Gotta edit all posts.

Shape of the JoyCons. A brain.

There's also LED lights on the inside to show which player you are

538184-joy-con-controller-with-dedicated-capture-button.png

Even so! Who wants two nearly identical looking controllers? (and heaven help you if you buy another set of grey ones...)

Flashbacks to organising four sets of Wavebirds... ugh... (Why the hell they never released them in multiple colours is beyond me - and no! that really rare and expensive platinum one doesn't count!).

Come on guys, everyone knows that more colours = more fun! It's scientific fact!

Need to pop by my local Smyths who I have an online reserve and collect pre-order with, to see if I'll be allocated a launch unit. Would much prefer to drop at 9am on launch day rather than sit around waiting for the online delivery.

Went for grey, I'll grab an extra set of colourful Joycon when more flavours are available - probably around when Arms hits.

The Joycons also have + and - identifiers on them to help differentiate each unit.

Just thinking on the mention of more flavours - I wonder if they might do some Splatoon-esque coloured ones later on down the line...

Fully expecting a "want to PLAY GameCube VC games, you can buy this GameCube joy-con" along the lines of the mock ups we've seen. Available in Spice Orange or Purple.

Please note: GameCube VC games will not work with the standard joy-cons. RRP: £49.99

There's also LED lights on the inside to show which player you are

538184-joy-con-controller-with-dedicated-capture-button.png

Plus, if you ask the Switch nicely enough, it'll apparently point to player one for you.

Kimishima talked about accessories being a big part of their business plan during their last investors meeting so I'm sure we'll see GameCube joy cons eventually.

It appears that there's going to be a remaster/port of LA Noire to PS4, Xbox One and Switch. What are you guys thoughts on it? I recently played through it on PS3 and enjoyed it, it's not the kind of game I can see myself playing again but I'll likely buy it if it comes to Switch to show Rockstar there is an audience for their games on Nintendo hardware.

Can't see the LA Noire remaster being real, least of all on Switch. Who would even make it? Team Bondi is no more.

It also got a very poor reception post release (all the stuff about it was great, except for the gameplay itself). Nothing about this supposed remaster makes any sense.

LA Noire was...pretty meh to be honest. I just remember it being pretty frustrating as the body language didn't always seem to match up with the correct choice to make.

Really hoping for some Wii ports on the eShop/Virtual Console this time around. Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles, anyone? :D

Kimishima talked about accessories being a big part of their business plan during their last investors meeting so I'm sure we'll see GameCube joy cons eventually.

It appears that there's going to be a remaster/port of LA Noire to PS4, Xbox One and Switch. What are you guys thoughts on it? I recently played through it on PS3 and enjoyed it, it's not the kind of game I can see myself playing again but I'll likely buy it if it comes to Switch to show Rockstar there is an audience for their games on Nintendo hardware.

L.A Noire is one of my absolute favourite games ever.

I would jump at the chance to play through that again. It was so unlike anything else I thought it was a really unique gameplay experience. Day one of it does come out for me.

Happy to hear Grazza! I look forward to sharing those amazing BOTW moments within a few weeks...! I wouldn't even class myself as a 'positive' guy, but I have this great feeling about the Switch that I can't shake off. So much potential for never before seen experiences - one of them, as you mentioned, having essentially a portable Wii U.

Yep, can't wait, although I think mine's going to arrive a few days later than the people who got in early.

I was going to put my BotW progress on Miiverse and share the screenshots, but... you know. :heh:

They should call it the Nintendo Port-ch, amiright?

But surely the ports are being SWITCHed over to the Switch anyway? :yay:

Seems a strange game to remaster to be honest.

Dunno why Rockstar just don't release GTA V on switch.

EDIT: Didn't actually finish this post before posting - for those who are intending to get a Switch on launch - how does this, if at all, affect any decisions/thoughts you have on it?

It's a bit disappointing, although I wanted that version anyway.

Fully expecting a "want to PLAY GameCube VC games, you can buy this GameCube joy-con" along the lines of the mock ups we've seen. Available in Spice Orange or Purple.

Please note: GameCube VC games will not work with the standard joy-cons. RRP: £49.99

If the standard Switch doesn't have analogue triggers, and these hypothetical GameCube Joy-cons could, you might actually be right!!

L.A Noire is one of my absolute favourite games ever.

I would jump at the chance to play through that again. It was so unlike anything else I thought it was a really unique gameplay experience. Day one of it does come out for me.

That game sucked. Nobody is asking for a remaster of that.

Seems a strange game to remaster to be honest.

Possibly as with Titanfall, the game just wouldn't fit on the console?

Difference is that GTA V had a last gen version as well already

This is going to be a massively boring question but does anybody know the rating of the Nintendo Switch power supply?

That game sucked. Nobody is asking for a remaster of that.

Except for the person you're quoting, for a start?

Would it be fair to call GTA one of the biggest gaming brands/series out there? It's big business - if you looked at the Switch would you want to run the risk of bringing your product to it to fail, or possibly not perform as well as you'd like it to?

The parallel I'd consider drawing is that of the PS3/360/WiiU WatchDogs compared to the PS4/XBone/PC ones? I only ever played the PS4 version but I heard the latter collection were superior in a couple of ways to the former.

Orrrr....something simple like this instead maybe :p

But a portable GTA 5, even if in some areas was "weaker" would still be really impressive and offering something that's never been offered before.

Also, and this relates to something me and @Hero\-of\-Time was talking about in the "other" board, but all the adverts Nintendo have made so far have been really focussing on portable play, even the initial reveal trailer was; so even though they say it's their next home consoles, they are marketing it as a portable. Which I think is right; it's what is most impressive about it; it's more incredible the more I think about it. A handheld which can handle breath of the wild, Mario kart 8, splatoon etc. It's ridiculous when you think about it!

Is the Titanfall quote that is being thrown around the one which originated on Drunk Tech Review? Because, maybe it's just the way I'm reading the posts, but some people here seem to be taking that literally. As in, there's not enough storage space. But the dev was definitely on about the system being underpowered when compared to the current generation of consoles.

I thought by now we were over wanting ports of competing consoles games. Getting third parties to make games tailored for the console means we get more interesting games rather than the 'same-old'. Yeah, it means we get less games. But quality is better than quantity.

This rumoured Rabbids/Mario RPG sounds interesting. I wonder when we'll hear more about it.

But a portable GTA 5, even if in some areas was "weaker" would still be really impressive and offering something that's never been offered before.

Also, and this relates to something me and @Hero\-of\-Time was talking about in the "other" board, but all the adverts Nintendo have made so far have been really focussing on portable play, even the initial reveal trailer was; so even though they say it's their next home consoles, they are marketing it as a portable. Which I think is right; it's what is most impressive about it; it's more incredible the more I think about it. A handheld which can handle breath of the wild, Mario kart 8, splatoon etc. It's ridiculous when you think about it!

That's what I said in my preview from the press event; if this was being marketed as a portable console not only might people be able to forgive a few shortcomings, we would also being saying this might be an absolute game changer for the the industry with something like BOTW releasing ON A HANDHELD!

As it is, it will naturally be compared to the other home console systems!