NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Surely, that means there is something good to talk about and Nintendo are at least doing some things right? But with all the negatives being aired first, it makes it seem that there is nothing good to speak of.

I guess a good messaging technique would be to highlight both the good and bad for a realistic balanced view, but I digress.

Sadly, this seems true for most things in life. Bad news always gets more attention, it's what sells. Football for example is filled with examples of players doing dodgy things but there's loads of stories of players doing lots of charity work or donating money. The press don't give these kind of things the time of day and you have to go digging to find them. Same for the game industry.

Sadly, this seems true for most things in life. Bad news always gets more attention, it's what sells. Football for example is filled with examples of players doing dodgy things but there's loads of stories of players doing lots of charity work or donating money. The press don't give these kind of things the time of day and you have to go digging to find them. Same for the game industry.

And the news industry too. When was the last time you picked up a newspaper/watched the news and didn't hear mention of war, murder, sexism, racism, etc.?

These are just the times we live in, I'm afraid. I do wish we could say otherwise, but it's not all bad.

Anywho, on a cheerier note: if we get GameCube VC games for the Switch, when do you think we'll have this announced? E3?

So.......uhhhh......do the nintendo store take money up front? or on shipping?

I've already ordered breath of the wild for switch at amazon's lower price of £47, i just kind of need the console to play it on now

And the news industry too. When was the last time you picked up a newspaper/watched the news and didn't hear mention of war, murder, sexism, racism, etc.?

These are just the times we live in, I'm afraid. I do wish we could say otherwise, but it's not all bad.

Anywho, on a cheerier note: if we get GameCube VC games for the Switch, when do you think we'll have this announced? E3?

Sure, but I feel we 'core' gamers should know better.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand i've caved and pre-ordered it with Nintendo

We just can't help ourselves, can we..? :grin:

I'm 90% certain, going by what I've read on Twitter / neogaf over the past few hours that Fire Emblem GC is going to be announced as the first VC game tonight during the direct. But then again, we all know Nintendo... Personally hoping for a remake.

I'm in a plane most of March 2nd, so pretty much 100% unable to pick up a switch. I think that is a good thing for my self control!

I'm 90% certain, going by what I've read on Twitter / neogaf over the past few hours that Fire Emblem GC is going to be announced as the first VC game tonight during the direct. But then again, we all know Nintendo... Personally hoping for a remake.

I'd be all for that. Never picked up an FE game myself yet, but planning to change that with the Switch, and if I'm into it, dig back into the DS/3DS games for sure.

Ike's my main on every version of Smash I've played so far though, so I'm sure I'd love it :P

Wouldn't be a Direct if the Internet didn't go batshit crazy with their predictions and then think them real

I'm in a plane most of March 2nd, so pretty much 100% unable to pick up a switch. I think that is a good thing for my self control!

But where are you March 3rd?

One of us. One of us.

I've ordered my Switch from Nintendo, but won't be in the country when it arrives!

Get one from the air mall. :p

The PS4 controller is an extremely solid pad.

The analogue sticks crumble, the shoulder buttons fail and on one of mine the touchpad sticks. They are without doubt the poorest quality 1st party controller I've ever had.

That FE Direct got me pumped even more for the Switch. A game confirmed for this year and next. It's almost like they've learned a lesson from the Wii U :P

But seriously, Warriors being on the Switch and N3DS was totally unexpected, but come to think of it, it does make sense. For example, Pokémon Sun and Moon were catalogued as having much more rendering issues on the 2/3DS when compared with the N3DS line. Could Stars be our first cross-platform main series game with a Switch and N3DS release? I'm sure it would certainly appease fans who aren't at all too keen to jump onto the Switch just yet.

Now time to wait for the next Direct announcement; hoping they play the lead-up (and post-release) of the Switch like how Sun and Moon were handled. A large mixture of Directs, trailers and announcements would be great for both Nintendo and fans alike, so all eyes crossed on that one! :D

Clearly important enough for them to change the design this time round.

They changed the layout for Switch because both Joycons had to have the same configuration when being used as individual controllers.

There is no wrong or right layout, different layouts suite different games. The Wii U Pro controller is best suited for shooters as you mostly use both sticks and shoulder buttons.

Just out of interest what are your views on the position of the left analogue stick on Dualshocks?

Sorry to weigh in on the controller talk so late, but thb the prospect of buying a DS4 and a Pro Controller don't even compare.

The DS4 is the only controller you need for the PS4, and it comes bundled with one. Want a second one for a friend, then yeah pay whatever price you can find for one.

With the Switch if you want a traditional controller you have to pay for it, again at whatever price you can find. It's a different situation. It's an expensive additional - necessary - purchase for some.

With the Switch if you want a traditional controller you have to pay for it, again at whatever price you can find. It's a different situation. It's an expensive additional - necessary - purchase for some.

You don't need the Pro controller for Switch either though.

Edit: I mean to say the JoyCons work as a traditional controller just as well.

You don't need the Pro controller for Switch either though.

You will for any 2D fighting game

You will for any 2D fighting game

Yeah, I guess so. :P Hopefully they will release a seperate Joycon with a better dpad.

The DS4 is the only controller you need for the PS4

The joy-cons + grip is the only controller you need for Switch. Having an optional extra isn't a bad thing.

I bought a second DS4 for two player gaming, just like I'll buy a Switch Pro controller for near enough the same price.

And here's an excellent read by Chris Kohler (WIRED) on why the Switch is more for Nintendo fans than it is anyone else.

Have to say, it's a great article, and it's hard to disagree.

That Reggie I get Kew was great, I'm more and more sold on the switch each day and the idea of an ultra powered handheld is sinking more, fire emblem warriors THIS YEAR, a new proper fire emblem on switch next year. Come in here to see the pages of chat about it all and we get mainly bitching about controller prices, build quality and hd rumble... great...

Anyways. Great to see more people buckling. Though game orders I wouldn't expect at launch. I'm back to thinking the switch is going to be utterly incredible and Nintendo are really going to go apeshit on the games!!

If Tekken 7 gets released and injustice 2 I'll get that hori arcade stick.

When are they due out? Injustice came to Wii u, so surely 2 will come!!

They changed the layout for Switch because both Joycons had to have the same configuration when being used as individual controllers.

There is no wrong or right layout, different layouts suite different games. The Wii U Pro controller is best suited for shooters as you mostly use both sticks and shoulder buttons.

Just out of interest what are your views on the position of the left analogue stick on Dualshocks?

Nothing to do with the joy-cons, this is the Switch Pro controller we're talking about. They could have done whatever they wanted basically.

Sticks below buttons always in my opinion - makes buttons much more accessible. Whenever you get the left stick above the D-pad the D-pad tends to be a bit shit.

Edited by Sheikah