NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

That EA guy looked so awkward. Looked like he didn't want to be there at all.

I didn't notice the custom version line. Considering contractually they are obligated to release at least one fifa game on all platforms I do worry what kind of fifa this will be.

No. 399 in Italy.

It won't have FUT, probably a rehash of an old game with the new teams and squads, like they always do for the recent nintendo consoles.

That EA guy looked so awkward. Looked like he didn't want to be there at all.

I didn't notice the custom version line. Considering contractually they are obligated to release at least one fifa game on all platforms I do worry what kind of fifa this will be.

It's around the 1:40 mark.

The guy from suda is such a Japanese pro-wrestling fan. :)

He was doing keiji Muto poses and mentioned Travis touchdown return would be a hybrid of death match and strong style.

First party games currently set for 2017:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (March 3rd 2017)

1-2 Switch (March 3rd 2017)

Snipperclips (March 2017)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 2017)

Arms (Spring 2017)

Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)

Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday 2017)

FireEmblem Warriors (Holiday 2017)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2017)

I'm expecting more announced by E3 such as Pokémon, but that really isn't that bad a line-up

On day one? That's really, really weak...

I really expected MK8 to be on day one. That's a big shocker and a huge blunder on their part.

Likewise, ARMS really should've been a launch title alongside 1,2,Switch. And who's gonna want a port of Skyrim on anything other than day one?

Nintendo really blew it with the initial offering. The future lineup looks promising, but it's too far away. They really should've had much more available out of the gate (and where's Retro's new title!? That should be done and dusted by now!)

Looks like the pricing isn't set for Germany, yet. :wtf:

Still, it'll be no less than 299€ and that's too much. Especially considering what I've read so far...

Quite frankly I'm very indifferent to the Switch after that presentation. ::shrug:

Nothing looks particularly great. Zelda, obviously, but I could play that on a Wii U that I can borrow. Mario...the "fantasy" levels look sublime, as always, that real world stuff looks horrible.

And the rest...meh.

Oh and voice chat only via app? So what will we get with the online subscription besides one (!) free NES or (!) SNES game that we'll only be able to play for one (!) month.

Hopefully Nintendo talk about this more in the next hours.

I thought the presentation was pretty good.

I think they explained some things really well like the hardware and the new rumble features, ways to play etc but then they let themselves down by not elaborating on the online functions as well as the actual OS of the system which would have been nice.

Games shown definitely seemed to appeal more to the Japanese market in my opinion. A lot of them I kinda glazed over with but the likes of Zelda looks completely amazing and if a game would have sold a system I think it could have been that. But it's coming to Wii U too... so there's that idea out haha.

Splatoon 2 great addition. No idea why no Mario Kart launch. Seems silly and would have been another reason for people to want to buy who didn't experience it first time round.

All in all I think it's steps in the right direction. Hardware looks great and really exciting which is what I expect from Nintendo. But there are arts that leave me scratching my head and I hoped this presentation would mean we wouldn't be wondering anymore. But that's Nintendo I guess.

I still have my preorder and I'll still be getting it at launch. But there better be some deliciousness on its way.

There's three games on there though that I can't imagine many people really wanting but may get with bundles/a month later at CEX.

E3 should hopefully bring more though.

If Nintendo blew their load so early, then they'd have years with nothing. People needed to be realistic with expectations

That was incredible underwhelming for me. Not only was the presentation just kinda muted and quiet but there just isn't anything on offer there that I want to play apart from Mario and Zelda. I'm not going to go into a list of things that I didn't like, just to say that there wasn't that much that I did like. Just very ok but not good.

@Serebii, do you have a source for Fire Emblem Warriors now being first party and internally developed? I thought it was by the same team that did Hyrule Warriors?

@Dcubed 1,2 Switch has potential. Hopefully it can take off although I don't see it being mass market at that price unfortunately.

If anyone of you pre-ordered at Gameseek you really are lucky (£199, price promise). I do wonder if they initially considered a lower price point but raised it after the feedback from the Switch trailer in October, which was overwhelmingly positive (they did the same with the 3DS). I seem to recall LKD also hearing that it would also be cheaper.

On another note, I find it interesting that we have confirmation of Just Dance and Rayman Legends but nothing else from Ubisoft. I was hoping we'd get a sneak peak from them and not just EA (FIFA) and the Skyrim team.

Oh, and apparently Skyrim is the 360 version and not the remaster on PS4?

Decided this'll be a massive success. Any big release that gets shat all over by the internet for one reason or another ALWAYS does well with the general public.

@Serebii, do you have a source for Fire Emblem Warriors now being first party and internally developed? I thought it was by the same team that did Hyrule Warriors?

@Dcubed 1,2 Switch has potential. Hopefully it can take off although I don't see it being mass market at that price unfortunately.

If anyone of you pre-ordered at Gameseek you really are lucky (£199, price promise). I do wonder if they initially considered a lower price point but raised it after the feedback from the Switch trailer in October, which was overwhelmingly positive (they did the same with the 3DS). I seem to recall LKD also hearing that it would also be cheaper.

On another note, I find it interesting that we have confirmation of Just Dance and Rayman Legends but nothing else from Ubisoft. I was hoping we'd get a sneak peak from them and not just EA (FIFA) and the Skyrim team.

Skyrim no sell for me then.

More expensive than I have hoped for, especially with the pro controller prices (but I will probably go for the joy-con first), but I will still go for it as it is the only console that gives me what I need, a good portable with games I want to play.

I a quite happy with the announced games (Zelda, Mario, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Mario Kart - I hope that it will have new tracks, still didn't read everything, is really what I wanted, especially Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade, plus other games which are confirmed buy now).

Now, online could be a problem if it's expensive.

32GB storage is low, but it can be expanded.

I hope that more third parties will come out soon and announce the games, because the Switch needs it, but I am happy that there are not to many games at launch as I want to finish some games first, a before I get new ones (I am talking about first party games), but I also understand why a lot of people are complaining.

The voice chat thing is weird, I hope for some headset.

Anyway, Nintendo could have a lot of problems with sales, unless third party developers don't start coming out with their games.

Decided this'll be a massive success. Any big release that gets shat all over by the internet for one reason or another ALWAYS does well with the general public.

599 US dollars says hi.

Although I was disappointed in the lack of games and the new ones. I'm not that bothered about that a soft launch in an unconventional time building up to a bigger autumn I'm absolutely fine with. And personally I'ms tilll excited for it even though I found the whole thing disappointing. The only thing I'm concerned with though is the pricing of everything - the machine, accessories, the games, it's insanely epxensive. And simply won't be appealing to families and such (which makes the 1-2 switch even more bizarre) this feels like an expensive, niche product, aimed at families and Nintendo fans. On this principle it fails terribly and will struggle because of it.

The only is also worrying, it feels as gimped as ever but now they expect to charge? One free game that only lasts a month? Voice chat on SOME games and through a mobile app? It all sounds pretty bad and I can't expect many people singing up.

So well have a console that doesn't well, with an online service that isn't subscribed too, resulting in empty games online....

I'm very worried for Nintendo.

Well..... I was ready to pre-order one of these when I heard £200 and I figured it would come with a game ala Wii sports (1,2 switch).... £280... with no game... and an expensive pro controller.

Nope. All my nopes. 1,2 switch looks like a £5 tech demo, arms is. £15 game I'd get my kids. Mario is a console seller but by the time it's out I think the console might already be dead.

Put it in perspective, I have 4 PS4's at my house, my kids have one each as do me and the wife. I paid £220 for hers just before Christmas with a years online, COD and Fifa. We have headsets for party chat and get a few games a month with PS+.

I'd be looking at £330+ for this with just Zelda and I have no faith in a paid online service by Nintendo being any good.

Ah well, I'll wait for it to be £100 at CEX or something.

Wait, that cant be right can it?

Well I'm underwhelmed overall;

The system looks great - but i have questions over the OS and how that opperates

Super Mario Odyssey looked amazing!

Splatoon 2 looked great

Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors and many other third party games looked good, but i felt some larger games should have been there

EA......turned up ith a guy who seemed to literally have a pole shoved up his arse

Skyrim Go looked good and entices me to the idea, but i have questions on what version it is, and oddly at points the graphics looked off almost cel shaded

The paid online doesn't sound so bad, a £40 annual sub like the PSN isn't so bad at all, but One NES or SNES game free for a month makes it sound like the subscription is only giving you a month trial of a game

Voice chat is through a Phoen App? that can't be right? managed through an app surely? otherwise it means having a phone and a hands free kit for it

The VC? how does that work? the idea of introducing the Nintendo ID's was so game were supposed to be tied to accounts, does that mean my 3DS/WiiU Library will transfer? or will i be buying them again at full price (worst case scenario) or paying an upgrade fee?

Zelda, blew me away, that is like they took cover art and manual art from Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link and Links awakening and made it actually the game i imagined.......Its a system seller!

or rather it should be - at £279.99 plus +£99 for the game (i'm not kidding anyone i'd get the special edition) its absurd for a console not as powerful as the PS4 and i just cannot see how it can compete even if they get the message across perfectly

I want to pre-order, i really do, but even if the launch line up was better, at those prices (£20 more than every other system's games? is this the N64 all over again?) i could only afford one game and it would be zelda, but i could just get a switch version.

And it does leave me more conflicted, i get zelda's at launch but i do not want to double dip and get the WiiU version, but if the Switch is out of my budget it means i won't get it for some time - it might be i jsut order the game at launch to get the special edition and wait for a switch price drop post E3

Edited by Agent Gibbs

One bit of amazing news which is swallowed in a sea of shit, us online play on SNES VC games?!?! That's amazing. So Online super Mario kart? Does this go to N64 and gamecube too? Online double dash?! Is it just for select games? Was it a mistake?

They could of spoken about accounts and how they now work in relation to previous purchases software.

On the price and launch line-up alone, it's a no from me. I don't mind paying for online services but there have to be online games I want to play, and one "free-ish" NES game? Feels like more of an insult.

Luckily I've still got my WiiU in the loft for Zelda.

I presume - New name, show off the console and controller and how the hybrid works, then a new parkour styled mario, and then a date for the big info explosion!!

Isn't this what Mario kind of is :)

On the price and launch line-up alone, it's a no from me. I don't mind paying for online services but there have to be online games I want to play, and one "free-ish" NES game? Feels like more of an insult.

Luckily I've still got my WiiU in the loft for Zelda.

That's the biggest concern for me, how many online games will there actually be.