NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I think we also need to remember, and as others have said, that E3 will be three months after Switch's release. They need a massive showing there with lots of reveals so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much about today's presentation in terms of surprises.

But they could use this event to showcase the launch window (which is typically six months) and then E3 to showcase the Christmas lineup as that would be September onwards.

I expect that they'll show little outside of 'launch window' games to be honest. If it's a one hour presentation, they'll put a strong focus on the console, the controllers, third party collabs and their main games (especially Mario if it's there).

E3 can be for future releases (perhaps Retro's new game, Pokémon Stars etc.

But they could use this event to showcase the launch window (which is typically six months) and then E3 to showcase the Christmas lineup as that would be September onwards.

I'm sure they will do just that! I think expecting too many surprises of 2018 or even Christmas 2017 games from this event is unrealistic though.

Edit: @Goron_3 put it better

I expect that they'll show little outside of 'launch window' games to be honest. If it's a one hour presentation, they'll put a strong focus on the console, the controllers, third party collabs and their main games (especially Mario if it's there).

E3 can be for future releases (perhaps Retro's new game, Pokémon Stars etc.

Yeah but they also need to show promise for future support of the system and I think they know this. There will be things held back for E3 without a doubt, but I expect a lot of stuff that's not launch to be shown.

Consoles aren't sold on their launch line-ups, they're sold on their future promise and Nintendo realise this now.

They'll have enough on their plate anyway with Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, MK8, a couple of first party reveals and the third party stuff. Not to mention the features of the console itself.

I guess not long to find out. 13 hours to be exact !

I'm sure they will do just that! I think expecting too many surprises of 2018 or even Christmas 2017 games from this event is unrealistic though.

Yup.

I'm expecting what @Ashley wrote, with maybe a cheeky teaser for something a little more way off, if we are lucky. As long as the launch period is strong, then i'll be happy. E3 can deal with what comes after that.

If they are releasing Mario and Zelda on the same day they'll need an impressive E3 showing to keep the hype going, especially going up against Scorpio with all its teraflops.

I guess this could be the first Mario game without an E3 showing!

Yeah but they also need to show promise for future support of the system and I think they know this. There will be things held back for E3 without a doubt, but I expect a lot of stuff that's not launch to be shown.

Consoles aren't sold on their launch line-ups, they're sold on their future promise and Nintendo realise this now.

Oh that is true, but the launch line up alone looks super solid. I'm not saying they won't show anything beyond the summer but the majority of time will likely be spent on the majority of the launch games, which we currently know nothing about.

Regarding the bold,every piece of technology is sold based on future promise, not just what they will achieve from day one. People need to be willing to invest in the product, and they'll hopefully do that with games like Splatoon, Mario Kart, Mario and Zelda coming out early.

On another note, I really hope they talk about VC. I need dat Melee.

I'd like to see trailers for games coming later at this event, then maybe demos of them at E3.

Launch window won't cut-it, after the droughts on WiiU (after they'd already "learned their lesson") they need to show the platform will have longevity right from the off!

If they are releasing Mario and Zelda on the same day they'll need an impressive E3 showing to keep the hype going, especially going up against Scorpio with all its teraflops.

I guess this could be the first Mario game without an E3 showing!

Enter Retro Studios game and a From Software developed Metroid title. :D

Enter Retro Studios game and a From Software developed Metroid title. :D

Good lord, yes.

1) We'll see what tomorrow brings

2) It's only taken them how many consoles?

:heh:

I'd rather Nintendo's approach of showing the next 6-12 months than what others do and show games two or three years out, if not more. So pointless and counter-productive. And yes I realise Nintendo did this with Zelda but at that time I'm sure they did plan on releasing it sooner, and regardless it's an exception in their case.

I'd rather Nintendo's approach of showing the next 6-12 months than what others do and show games two or three years out, if not more. So pointless and counter-productive. And yes I realise Nintendo did this with Zelda but at that time I'm sure they did plan on releasing it sooner, and regardless it's an exception in their case.

And Xenoblade, the Fire Emblem crossover, Yoshi etc.

Just played and finished Super Mario World and now I'm in the mood for some Nintendo magic.

Looking forward to reading the news tomorrow and hoping for a lot of good stuff :)

Haven't followed the leaks of recent days, so hopefully there are some surprises left for me. : peace:

If Dark Souls comes to the Switch I will probably use that as an excuse to finally play the game.

Just a shame that Nintendo underpowering their consoles has really bit at exactly the wrong time, when many of the biggest game releases have become multi platform games but since they're running on the latest rather than outdated technology developers gimp their games so that they can run on the system.

Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2 and could compete with the Xbox, and I think that was the last time Nintendo had a solid hardcore third party offering on their console, at least for a few years until people stopped making their games for the Gamecube and just concentrated on the PS2 and Xbox. So in a way, third parties concentrating on Sony and Microsoft consoles first really started around 2004 and that has been the trend ever since.

So is that Lego game the port they were talking about?

Sent from my *redacted* using Tapatalk

Think Amazon will start taking pre-orders soon?

Just check amazon.co.uk and was greeted by this:

switch.png

So tomorrow. Doesn't tell me more when I click "Learn more" though. Maybe midnight, after the presentation, or later in the morning tomorrow then.

So is that Lego game the port they were talking about?

Sent from my *redacted* using Tapatalk

No ridiculous long loading times. Yay

I'm excited about tonight. Will get up to watch it. I don't think Nintendo will balls it up again. Expecting this to be way better than the Wii U presentation.

Edited by liger05

No ridiculous long loading times. Yay

Guessing the PS4/X1 bits will lose the Nintendo references? Or will Nintendo let that pass as a kind of advertisement for their games?

I'm hoping the game has some added extras that make it worth getting again, I loved the original, and sans ridiculous loading times the game would be awesome!