NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

All about that Stardew Valley. Hope it gets confirmed for an early release...

Yup. I'm hoping for a release at launch.

Sweet, I've wanted to get it for a while but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, will be happy to wait a bit to get it on the Switch.

ShopTo we're immense with the WiiU launch. I got it a day early which was sweet. Kinda missed the whole standing in line for the console and being part of a console launch zeitgeist. When I got the N64/GBA/GCN/Wii on launch day it was brilliant. Tons of passionate gamers (some in cosplay) hyped for that Nintendo magic. Think I may fire a back-up pre-order into Nintendo/GAME if there's doubts over the launch numbers.

I went to my local Wii midnight launch and it was fairly tragic. Never do that again.

I went to my local Wii midnight launch and it was fairly tragic. Never do that again.

I was speaking to the people in my local GAME and they're expecting a big turnout for Switch at a midnight launch.

He explained that there were over 100 for Sun & Moon's launch, but earlier they had one for Gears of War, Tomb Raider and Battlefield and only 5 people showed up.

I do think most people are over midnight launches now there are so many ways to get games early

My sleeping has been all over the place for the last couple of weeks so I'm contemplating an early rise for Friday morning's event as my anticipation builds :grin:

I received an Amazon gift card worth £30 in the post yesterday due to a BT order towards the end of 2016 while I traded in a couple of Wii peripherals to GAME that someone was going to throw out for £30 of store credit today :smile: I may use the latter to preorder the Switch on Friday afternoon, depending on my overall feelings, but I was very happy with receiving £60 for the Switch fund for basically nothing :heh:

What made it even better was that I also traded in 2 Saitek PC controllers from the pile of stuff that was going to be thrown out and picked up what I assume was a wrongly marked Limited Edition version of Xenoblade Chronicles X for £20. Considering I somehow got £16 credit for the controllers, it only cost me £4. Presumably I could sell it for considerably more than that if I don't particularly enjoy it (and I don't think I will :indeed:)

You've jumped the gun by an hour and a half but I can't disagree with your energy - I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight!

I have tomorrow off work so debating an all-nighter tonight, I'd get about 3 hours sleep given my anticipated bedtime and awakening anyway so might as well nap after the presentation tomorrow morning (and pre-orders are locked in) and wake up in time for news/Treehouse to kick off.

My guess is Splatoon.

It's a strange one because Mario Kart doesn't seem like a straight up port ( new characters, holding 2 items ) and I doubt Samsh Bros will be a straight up port ( probably have all DLC from both Wii U and 3DS versions ) either.

However, if one of these rumoured ports was to be getting a big overhaul and be made into a sequel, then I agree, Splatoon would probably be the one.

Has to be Splatoon.

Hoping for Zelda and Splatoon at launch now, Mario shown and revealed but the meat saved for E3, that way we get one hefty singleplayer and one multiplayer from Nintendo to take us through the launch. Anything else (like Monster Hunter XX yo!) would be a day one bonus.

Has to be Splatoon.

Hoping for Zelda and Splatoon at launch now, Mario shown and revealed but the meat saved for E3, that way we get one hefty singleplayer and one multiplayer from Nintendo to take us through the launch. Anything else (like Monster Hunter XX yo!) would be a day one bonus.

For me this is a key point to having a successful launch. If their online setup is on point and they have a good online multiplayer game at launch ( man, I hope that DQX rumour is true ) then that keeps the audience engaged in your platform until the next big releases arrive.

Annoyingly from the rumours there is pretty much nothing I want to play from the launch line up. I've still got to play 3D Mario on Wii U and I can also get Zelda on Wii U. Hoping some GC VC will be live at launch. Still day 1 but not sure what I'll be playing. Hopefully there will be some surprise games announced.

I think there will be lots of third parties at the event, but I think most of them will miss launch and be aimed towards the end of the year

It should be snowing at 4am here in the North East of the UK. Feels like Santa is coming at 4am! Merry Switchmas Eve everyone. :)

It should be snowing at 4am here in the North East of the UK. Feels like Santa is coming at 4am! Merry Switchmas Eve everyone. :)

Yeah, i'm hoping it snows loads and I can't drive into work. :D Consett always gets hit by it really hard by the cold weather due to being on a hill. Bring it on. :santa:

[TWEET]819440363903582208[/TWEET]

Interesting.

I agree with you guys, it has to be Splatoon. It's too barebones of a game for it to just get a port over. Needs a lot adding to it!

I literally haven't slept. Going to try and tough it out until about 6pm and then get some rest so I'm wide awake for the show.

Also hoping it snows but we're smack in the centre of the country so there's little hope.

I agree with you guys, it has to be Splatoon. It's too barebones of a game for it to just get a port over. Needs a lot adding to it!

The original game would feel fresh ( no pun intended ) if they even just allow you to change set up in between games and had all the maps available to play at any given time. These two things alone would shake the game up a bit.

I'm hoping when the sequel does eventually pop up that they don't go the same route of drip feeding us bits and bobs of the game. Only having a couple of maps to choose from was such a weird decision. Stick them all on there and let people vote for what map they want to play on, just like most other shooters do or even Mario Kart 8.

Yeah, like some actual fun.

(Geez, if Splatoon, Now with new hat is a pack-in game for the Switch, I am going to be very annoyed.)

Yeah, like some actual fun.

(Geez, if Splatoon, Now with new hat is a pack-in game for the Switch, I am going to be very annoyed.)

Don't be bitter just because you suck at shooters. :p Splatoon is stupidly fun and a very Nintendo game.

I hope for some local versus-mode that makes sense to the game and is fun in the update. But probably wouldn't buy it anyway as I didn't play the Wii U version that much. Just not my kind of game overall.

I have to say that the single player potential of Splatoon is massive. It felt like playing Sunshine back on the Gamecube - hope we see them explore the potential of the campaign a bit more.