NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Whyyy are you giving GAME 50 pounds lol.

Because I'm right at the front of a very long queue and guaranteed a Switch at launch. We'll see who's laughing when all the online pre-orders sell out within 10 minutes. Yes GAME aren't perfect, but I can't be arsed sitting and waiting for the moment Amazon, Nintendo or Shop-to decide when they're going to let me buy something. If I'm at work, asleep or otherwise engaged I'd be kissing goodbye to my chances of getting one at launch, left with the possibility of waiting, going through the same process again or paying way over the odds. For the sake of potentially a few extra quid, I'm happy with my decision to pre-order the console in-store at GAME.

I really really don't think it's going to be a problem getting one. All the preorders will go up on Friday, they'll already have it on all their systems. I'll order with shop to and amazing probably and figure things out closer to the launch.

I agree with pretty much all of his points/wishes, which is very surprising given my general dislike of the guy. :D

ShopTo pre-order placed. Now to just sit and wait on Amazon starting Friday...

The hype for this was going right over my head, or so I thought. Hit me when I woke up this morning; not long to go now! :D

I really really don't think it's going to be a problem getting one. All the preorders will go up on Friday, they'll already have it on all their systems. I'll order with shop to and amazing probably and figure things out closer to the launch.

Thing is, there will only be 2 million units at launch globally...

Thing is, there will only be 2 million units at launch globally...

Not worried. NES classic was scarce and that wasn't difficult to get!

I remember Amazon sold out of their Wii preorder allocation in 7 minutes, and that was before it became a thing. Given the rumoured small amount of stock, do you think the same thing could happen here?

Don't think it will be like Wii but can't help thinking Nintendo are severely undershipping for launch and this could be difficult to get initially.

Not worried. NES classic was scarce and that wasn't difficult to get!

Tell that to the thousands of people who couldn't get a hold of one and are still waiting for one to this day. These products ( amiibo, NES, Pokemon Go Plus ) are easy to get if you have the luxury of sitting on the net all day. For the general population they will probably miss out.

Tell that to the thousands of people who couldn't get a hold of one and are still waiting for one to this day. These products ( amiibo, NES, Pokemon Go Plus ) are easy to get if you have the luxury of sitting on the net all day. For the general population they will probably miss out.

That's why I'm not worried :D

That's why I am worried. Because this weekend I'm on trains for a total of 12 hours :p

That's why I am worried. Because this weekend I'm on trains for a total of 12 hours :p

Alone. Or with someone...? ...maybe...with your girlfriend...? :p

But I thought that people shouldn't worry about internet connections on trains...

[tweet]810819843754704896[/tweet]

Alone. Or with someone...? ...maybe...with your girlfriend...? :p

I'm meeting her there :p

But I thought that people shouldn't worry about internet connections on trains...

[tweet]810819843754704896[/tweet]

You don't even follow me anymore. Stalker :p

You don't even follow me anymore. Stalker :p

Deflecting there.

I have that luxury at work and I'm grateful for it but it doesn't make me ignorant to the pleas of others. I'm sympathetic to those who have to try and get these products in what free time they have.

I plan to use the UK Nintendo Store for launch as they've never let me down, but I'll drop a few safety net orders down elsewhere if they don't put anything up on Friday morning.

I plan to use the UK Nintendo Store for launch as they've never let me down, but I'll drop a few safety net orders down elsewhere if they don't put anything up on Friday morning.

I'm planning on doing the same too, I received my NES Classic two days before launch so I'm confident in getting it on launch from them and I'd rather give business as directly to Nintendo as I can rather than have to suffer through ordering from somewhere morally repugnant like Game.

I've got a safety pre-order with ShopTo because I've had good experiences with them in the past but i've never ordered hardware from them so will definitely be doing everything I can to get an order with Nintendo.

What's the UK time of this stream then guize?

04:00

Same as your penis size in cm.

I'm planning on doing the same too, I received my NES Classic two days before launch so I'm confident in getting it on launch from them and I'd rather give business as directly to Nintendo as I can rather than have to suffer through ordering from somewhere morally repugnant like Game.

I've got a safety pre-order with ShopTo because I've had good experiences with them in the past but i've never ordered hardware from them so will definitely be doing everything I can to get an order with Nintendo.

Yeah, GAME instore are my safety pre-order. I'll just cancel if I can get it on NUK :)

I can't imagine Nintendo UK being as laissez faire with the Switch being early though

Edited by Serebii

ShopTo we're immense with the WiiU launch. I got it a day early which was sweet. Kinda missed the whole standing in line for the console and being part of a console launch zeitgeist. When I got the N64/GBA/GCN/Wii on launch day it was brilliant. Tons of passionate gamers (some in cosplay) hyped for that Nintendo magic. Think I may fire a back-up pre-order into Nintendo/GAME if there's doubts over the launch numbers.

All about that Stardew Valley. Hope it gets confirmed for an early release...