NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

If the Gamestop list is legit, then a second Sonic game could mean Sonic Mania, which I was bummed about missing Switch and will be ridiculously happy if it makes it

Yeah, i'm still expecting Sonic Mania to show up on Switch. Nintendo have had a good partnership with Sega in regards to their mascot and it would be a bit daft if this didn't appear on the platform.

I can't guarantee anything can be done/covered, but if anyone has any questions about the Switch or things you want me to check into I can give it a go. Bear in mind usually these events are staffed by hired helpers who are cribbed beforehand and actual Nintendo staff are dealing with bigger sites so don't ask something like how they're going to handle online infrastructure or that kind of 'high level' question. I will certainly try, but don't expect the moon.

I'm also going to try and do some Facebook/Twitter (from the site's accounts) live things, but asked if this will be possible and I'll keep you guys updated.

If you have any questions that crop up after the presentation but before 9am that morning (when I'll set off to the event) then please @ me here. I'll be checking the thread before then, but figure that morning will be chaos and I probably won't get time to wade through it.

------

Console

Ethernet port?

What does it smell like?

An honest view of the physicality of the unit would be great. Stuff like build quality, weight, screen quality. You know, just so we know if we need to be careful of breaking that kickstand off or the Gcons catches wearing out.

I'm interested in the Switch's ability to connect to TVs/Monitors without the dock. Would love to know if you could simply take the Switch to a friend's house and hook it up to their TV using just a HDMI cable. Or if you need to dock the system to connect to a TV, does the dock use standard cables, does the dock need to be plugged in to function, do I also have to transport the dock and cables with me etc.

Controller(s)

-Are there analogue triggers and do the analogue triggers click when being pressed down?

-Are the individual joy cons comfortable to hold? They look pretty tiny...

-Are the shoulder buttons analogue and if so, do they "click" like the Gamecube ones?

* Do the analogue sticks click?

* Do the Joy-Cons attach to the Switch (tablet) via physical connectors?

OH! And the joy-cons...what's the battery life like on them?

Do we know what all of the buttons do?

And the location of the NFC plate?

OS

It would also be brilliant if the Switch could 'cast' to a TV wirelessly a la Chromecast/Amazon Fire Stick but not hoping for much on this front.

Download Play feature that the DS/3DS has?

Party Chat?

If you could get them to tell us the Virtual Console launch line-up then that would be excellent. Other than that, just anything about the VC titles, especially GameCube games if you get to play them

If not revealed during the event would you please ask if Nintendo plan to introduce at an OS level trophies/achievements/something similar.

Miiverse?

Edited by Ashley

@Ashley - An honest view of the physicality of the unit would be great. Stuff like build quality, weight, screen quality. You know, just so we know if we need to be careful of breaking that kickstand off or the Gcons catches wearing out.

If you want to know other stuff after @Ashley has been in case you forgot to ask him stuff, I've been able to get an invite to the Saturday so can fill any gaps :)

Edited by Serebii

If you want to know other stuff after @Ashley has been in case you forgot to ask him stuff, I've been able to get an invite to the Saturday (couldn't do the Friday due to site commitments plus the Saturday means I can go with my girlfriend anyway) so can fill any gaps :)

Cheers for all the details.

@Ashley - An honest view of the physicality of the unit would be great. Stuff like build quality, weight, screen quality. You know, just so we know if we need to be careful of breaking that kickstand off or the Gcons catches wearing out.

I shall bash it around as much as I can!

@Ashley @Serebii

What does it smell like?

Disappointment. Just like you.

What does it smell like?

After reading about Serebii taking his girlfriend to the event I thought this was a very inappropriate question. :p

I can't guarantee anything can be done/covered, but if anyone has any questions about the Switch or things you want me to check into I can give it a go. Bear in mind usually these events are staffed by hired helpers who are cribbed beforehand and actual Nintendo staff are dealing with bigger sites so don't ask something like how they're going to handle online infrastructure or that kind of 'high level' question. I will certainly try, but don't expect the moon.

I'm also going to try and do some Facebook/Twitter (from the site's accounts) live things, but asked if this will be possible and I'll keep you guys updated.

If you have any questions that crop up after the presentation but before 9am that morning (when I'll set off to the event) then please @ me here. I'll be checking the thread before then, but figure that morning will be chaos and I probably won't get time to wade through it.

Off the topic of my head:

-Do the analogue tricks click when being pressed down?

-Are the individual joy cons comfortable to hold? They look pretty tiny...

-Are the shoulder buttons analogue and if so, do they "click" like the Gamecube ones?

OH! And the joy-cons...what's the battery life like on them?

Edited by Goron_3

@Ashley can you ask the Nintendo rep, why the guy who will turn up with his girlfriend in 24hrs time, is such a bragger?

Shut up. :p It took me 30 years to get a girlfriend and I can rarely shove it into conversation here :p

Edited by Serebii

Shut up. :p It took me 30 years to get a girlfriend and I can rarely shove it into conversation here :p
Who said I was talking about you!? :p Wow egocentric.

Also, you're hardly alone on the matter.

@Ashley

Two of these are seconding what @Goron_3 asked for, but I would like to know, please:

* Are there analogue triggers, and do they click?

* Do the analogue sticks click?

* Do the Joy-Cons attach to the Switch (tablet) via physical connectors?

Thanks.

@Ashley

I'm interested in the Switch's ability to connect to TVs/Monitors without the dock. Would love to know if you could simply take the Switch to a friend's house and hook it up to their TV using just a HDMI cable. Or if you need to dock the system to connect to a TV, does the dock use standard cables, does the dock need to be plugged in to function, do I also have to transport the dock and cables with me etc.

It would also be brilliant if the Switch could 'cast' to a TV wirelessly a la Chromecast/Amazon Fire Stick but not hoping for much on this front.

Not sure if any of this has been answered since I haven't been keeping up to date with the rumours.

@Ashley could you please ask if the Switch will have the Download Play feature that the DS/3DS has?

...and of course, if not mentioned in the reveal event, can you ask if it has Party Chat? :D

@Ashley if not revealed during the event would you please ask if Nintendo plan to introduce at an OS level trophies/achievements/something similar.

@Ashley if you could get them to tell us the Virtual Console launch line-up then that would be excellent. :)

Other than that, just anything about the VC titles, especially GameCube games if you get to play them. :D

@Ashley could you please bring a gun with you and threathen to kill them if Wart isn't making a return in 2017? (Preferably in Smash and Kart)

Lots of Hori accessory pics are doing the rounds on various forums.

Taken from Gaf.

C11w2T3WgAE8Xxi.jpg

C11w2UBWEAAPXKf.jpg

C11w2UHXEAAjHFd.jpg

C11w2UAW8AYDXUB.jpg

C11xKhYW8AAniqB.jpg

C11xKheW8AANgAj.jpg

C11xKhfWEAQU9ZP.jpg

C11xKhkXgAEL-Z9.jpg

C11xQXHXAAACsHU.jpg

C11xQXJXcAE1f39.jpg

C11xQXNXAAEota9.jpg

C11xQXQXgAASQ_K.jpg

C11xV6MXcAAC201.jpg

C11xdH3XEAEXoLN.jpg

C11xdHPWIAAYPlw.jpg

1484086094-1573089-apparatuurtassen-hori-snap-go-protector-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-nintendo-switch-nsw-037u.jpg

1484086095-1573091-apparatuurtassen-hori-game-card-case-black-nintendo-switch-nsw-025u.jpg

1484086092-1573095-apparatuurtassen-hori-screen-protective-filter-clear-nintendo-switch-nsw-030u.jpg

1484086093-1573097-apparatuurtassen-hori-premium-screen-protective-filter-clear-nintendo-switch-nsw-032u.jpg

1484086095-1573111-batterijen-hori-car-charger-nintendo-switch-nsw-005u.jpg

1484086092-1573099-batterijen-hori-playstand-black-nintendo-switch-nsw-029u.jpg

1484086209-1573105-game-controllers-spelbesturing-hori-wired-controller-pad-nintendo-switch-nsw-001u.jpg

Bit annoyed that it looks like that once again you will have to splash some cash if you want a wired connection on your console, but at this point I suppose it was expected.

Interesting that a fight stick is being released. I wonder if this means we will see the likes Tekken 7 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite on the Switch?

The stand looks banging and good news on the fight stick.

Not sure about that Dpad on the pro controller.

Hopefully the stick means Tekken 7 and injustice 2 are being released on switch

Edited by liger05

The stand looks banging and good news on the fight stick.

Not that I would have a use for the stand but I do agree that it looks great with the screen attached. Very slick.