NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

The Xbox One sold 2 million in 18 days after launch and hit 3 million a month or so after.

2 million seems sufficient given that it won't be as popular as the Xbox One or PS4 (which sold similar).

Do you know how many Wii U's were sold in the first month? I seem to recall it doing well in the first few weeks.

Do you know how many Wii U's were sold in the first month? I seem to recall it doing well in the first few weeks.

US sold 890,000 in the first six weeks, Japanese first-month number sold 636,000.

Not sure of Europe but would be less. I think 2 mil does seem low when one would expect this to sell more than the Wii U did in the first 4-6 weeks.

are we expecting any news on the Switch from the NVidia event taking place later?

I wouldn't expect so

US sold 890,000 in the first six weeks, Japanese first-month number sold 636,000.

Not sure of Europe but would be less. I think 2 mil does seem low when one would expect this to sell more than the Wii U did in the first 4-6 weeks.

Do they expect it to sell more at launch? Wii U came off the back of the Wii so people had a lot more faith in it.

The buzz around Switch is 10x that of Wii U at launch.

10x zero is still zero

The buzz around Switch is 10x that of Wii U at launch.

I'm not sure about that. It may well be, don't get me wrong, but it may just feel like it because how bad the general view towards the WiiU is nowadays... it'll amplify the feeling of hype.

Do they expect it to sell more at launch? Wii U came off the back of the Wii so people had a lot more faith in it.

Did they? The wii was long ago dead by the time the Wii U landed. That fickle audience moved on just Nintendo didn't realize it. The only thing people were asking was what the hell was a wii u is this another wii add on.

If they don't expect to sell more than the Wii U did say in the first 3 months then might as well call it day now.

Thing is, the Wii U actually had a really solid launch, sales wise.

It's the immediate time after launch that did badly

A new one of these would be rather awesome...

[tweet]816652913581944833[/tweet]

Retro working on it would be schweeeeet!

Retro working on it would be schweeeeet!

I've had them pegged as making this for ages now. I'm still hoping it comes true at some point. :D

I think From Software would be a better fit for Eternal Darkness, that games main problem was it's combat which is something From Software are always on point with.

I suspect the renewals of the Wave Race and Eternal Darkness trademarks are related to the probable GC Virtual Console games.. but I'd be delight with new entries for both :hehe:

I think From Software would be a better fit for Eternal Darkness, that games main problem was it's combat which is something From Software are always on point with.

Fuck, that would be so awesome.

It won't happen, but it's a gamer's dream. From Software are the masters of combat.

Fuck, that would be so awesome.

It won't happen, but it's a gamer's dream. From Software are the masters of combat.

Woah woah woah let's not say things we can't take back! :p

From Software are a bit of a marmite developer. I don't find their games enjoyable in the slightest. I think they're one of those devs that while some gamers don't like their games, they tend to respect them.

Woah woah woah let's not say things we can't take back! :p

From Software are a bit of a marmite developer. I don't find their games enjoyable in the slightest. I think they're one of those devs that while some gamers don't like their games, they tend to respect them.

Really? I had you down as one of their fans! :o

I take it back. It would be my dream!:love:

I'm actually quite excited about the Switch. And that's coming from someone who sold his Wii after a year, didn't buy the Wii U and basically no interest in gaming other than FIFA/Battlefield/Halo.

If they made a new Eternal Darkness, and announced it for launch, I'd probably just cream myself during the reveal.

Back to the units at launch discussion: If they run out that could actually work in their favour as it creates scarcity and people will think it's popular and therefore want it more.

I'm actually quite excited about the Switch. And that's coming from someone who sold his Wii after a year, didn't buy the Wii U and basically no interest in gaming other than FIFA/Battlefield/Halo.

If they made a new Eternal Darkness, and announced it for launch, I'd probably just cream myself during the reveal.

Back to the units at launch discussion: If they run out that could actually work in their favour as it creates scarcity and people will think it's popular and therefore want it more.

Na what we need is a Wii situation where they shipped a lot and it was still scarce, not a NES Mini situation where they only shipped ~200k in North America when demand was ridiculously high

Thats the problem really, at the moment people are still annoyed with Nintendo over the NES Classic and 3DS (at least in the US, dont know about elsewhere). I dont think its a good idea to have yet another console thats hard to come by.

It should be interesting to see what the launch line up for the Switch is anyway. I'm not expecting theres too much I will want but I think the Gamecube releases should pad it nicely for me.