NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I'm just surprised you can be enthralled by HDR and faux-4K resolution but not find anything of interest with the Switch, but fair enough, your call.

Why do you need to be such a defensive fanboy all the time; who even brought up the PS4?

Rayman port is bizarre. Reeks of a lazy cash in, however great the game is, which it is.

All sounds good still though; not long now. There is a big danger of knowing everything in advance though!

As for EA, I would say please don't release any old games at all at launch. Wait for FIFA 18 and such.

Why do you need to be such a defensive fanboy all the time; who even brought up the PS4?

I brought it up. That's how things get discussed, because someone brought something up.

If it would be a lot easier to take you seriously if you didn't join in the Switch or Wii U threads so rarely for the sole purpose of poking fun or stirring.

Anyway...

I just hope that when I'll think about getting a Switch in two years there's enough new from Nintendo software-wise for me to warrant a purchase.

Anyway...

I just hope that when I'll think about getting a Switch in two years there's enough new from Nintendo software-wise for me to warrant a purchase.

Does new mario and new Zelda not interest/excite you? Obviously Splatoon is their newest IP, did that not interest you? If not to any of that, then surely it's almost impossible for nintendo to interest you now isn't it? What could they do for your tastes other than change completely?

Does new mario and new Zelda not interest/excite you? Obviously Splatoon is their newest IP, did that not interest you? If not to any of that, then surely it's almost impossible for nintendo to interest you now isn't it? What could they do for your tastes other than change completely?

Played Splatoon and it wasn't my cup of tea. It's a good game (like basically every Nintendo game) but I don't really like 3rd person multiplayer shooters. That's why I never played any Uncharted multiplayer.

With "new" I don't mean another iteration of Mario and Zelda. I want more new IPs straight from Nintendo.

After Titanfall 2, a game about many said that they felt like playing a Nintendo game from time to time, I'd love for Nintendo to try something like that. Yes something that is despised in these parts of the forum: Another FPS with a sci-fi setting.

I want them not to release another Mario Kart but instead a completely new racer. No idea what, but I would trust Nintendo to do something special.

Played Splatoon and it wasn't my cup of tea. It's a good game (like basically every Nintendo game) but I don't really like 3rd person multiplayer shooters. That's why I never played any Uncharted multiplayer.

With "new" I don't mean another iteration of Mario and Zelda. I want more new IPs straight from Nintendo.

After Titanfall 2, a game about many said that they felt like playing a Nintendo game from time to time, I'd love for Nintendo to try something like that. Yes something that is despised in these parts of the forum: Another FPS with a sci-fi setting.

I want them not to release another Mario Kart but instead a completely new racer. No idea what, but I would trust Nintendo to do something special.

I'd imagine Splatoon is Nintendos Titanfall, though you never know one of their second party developers creating one.

Is it more new games than the style of nintendo then. So for example if they did Donkey Kong Racing instead of a news mario kart; is that "new" (forgetting Diddy Kong Racing of course).

I'm hoping with them releasing boosted version of mario kart and smash it frees up those development teams to create something new! And hopefully them not making two kirbys, two yoshis, two marios, two zeldas etc to support two devices means we'll see lots of new IP and Reboots.

I'd imagine Splatoon is Nintendos Titanfall, though you never know one of their second party developers creating one.

Is it more new games than the style of nintendo then. So for example if they did Donkey Kong Racing instead of a news mario kart; is that "new" (forgetting Diddy Kong Racing of course).

I want a full-blown sci-fi FPS with epic space battles, robots, humans, etc. from Nintendo. We all know Nintendo could do something special with this. Much like Respawn Entertainment did with Titanfall 2.

This is the likes I want to see from Nintendo. Obviously, games like Zelda and Mario can/have to still be in their portfolio, but I'd like to see much less from Mario and much more from new characters.

I want a full-blown sci-fi FPS with epic space battles, robots, humans, etc. from Nintendo. We all know Nintendo could do something special with this. Much like Respawn Entertainment did with Titanfall 2.

This is the likes I want to see from Nintendo. Obviously, games like Zelda and Mario can/have to still be in their portfolio, but I'd like to see much less from Mario and much more from new characters.

So you want Nintendo to do what practically every western developer (hyperbole for effect) is doing? Go in for a bloody space shooter?

Yuck

Edited by Serebii

Why do I even post here...Having a nice discussion with dazzybee and then there are these kind of responses. Unbelievable.

Why do I even post here...Having a nice discussion with dazzybee and then there are these kind of responses. Unbelievable.

I honestly don't understand why you want Nintendo to do the same thing as everyone else.

I've always felt Nintendo are at their best when they are doing things their way, so the idea of them making a generic space fps is just bizarre to me.

So you want Nintendo to do what practically every western developer (hyperbole for effect) is doing? Go in for a bloody space shooter?

Yuck

Just what the industry needs, another FPS

I'm sorry did you not enjoy DOOM or Overwatch? One a completely new title and the other a great reboot that captured the feel of the original.

Why can't we have more action based games on Nintendo systems? Or challenging ones? Is it because the audience for those games has gone elsewhere?

I don't see a problem with drahkon wanting Nintendo to do something different as their current approach isn't working.

But it doesn't have to be generic!

It can be special!

Space shooters are popular.

If other developers aren't going to put their space shooter on a Nintendo console, surely it's a good idea to make their own space shooter to tempt people over?

Nintendo have awesome development teams. Who's to say they can't make an absolutely awesome sci-fi shooter with their own special Nintendo touches?

Metroid Prime was one!

They tried a non generic shooter, Splatoon, and it was a huge success. So clearly they are open to doing something like that.

I'm sorry did you not enjoy DOOM or Overwatch? One a completely new title and the other a great reboot that captured the feel of the original.

From what I hear they're both fantastic games, but the industry is full of shooters. Why should Nintendo abandon it's traditional style and add to an already over-saturated genre?

I don't see a problem with drahkon wanting Nintendo to do something different as their current approach isn't working.

Splatoon sold over 4 million units and won 'Best Shooter' at the Game Awards that year. Their current hardware approach isn't working but software wise, they're among the best selling of any developer.

Nope I didn't actually :/

Using Titanfall 2 as an example: It felt nothing like a generic space shooter.

It is an FPS, a first person platformer, at times a very tactical shooter (don't want to spoil a gameplay mechanic, but look up information about the mission "Effect and Cause" if you'd like to know what I'm talking about) and, most importantly, it has a great story about friendship.

It is far from generic and Respawn Entertainment proved how you can spice up something that people here are oh so sick of.

Nintendo can pull off something similar with that kind of setting. With their track record it's an easy assumption.

And instead of another Mario game I'd love Nintendo to step out of their comf ort zone and try something that is kind of new to them.

Edit: Thanks @Mr\-Paul, finally some reasonable posts.

Edited by drahkon

It is working though. Hell, Splatoon has sold more than Doom unless I'm mistaken

Using Titanfall 2 as an example: It felt anything like a generic space shooter.

It is an FPS, a first person platformer, at times a very tactical shooter (don't want to spoil a gameplay mechanic, but look up information about the mission "Effect and Cause" if you'd like to know what I'm talking about) and, most importantly, it has a great story about friendship.

It is far from generic and Respawn Entertainment proved how you can spice up something that people here are oh so sick of.

Nintendo can pull off something similar with that kind of setting. With their track record it's an easy assumption.

And instead of another Mario game I'd love Nintendo to step out of their comfort zone and try something that is kind of new to them.

Nintendo do make things that are new to them, though. They also finance a lot of that, as well. They need to continue the tentpoles so they can continue to finance these risks.

Besides, "another" Mario game is fine. They are all vastly different from each other (ignoring NSMB) so it's not like it's just the same shit over and over.

Edit: Thanks @Mr\-Paul, finally some reasonable posts.

So only posts that agree with you are reasonable? Come on, man.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Never said they wouldn't try anything new.

My point was that I'd love to see Nintendo to spice things up in the sci-fi FPS genre.

So only posts that agree with you are reasonable? Come on, man.

I was actually thinking of the posts' tone. Which is much more reasonable than yours and Ronnie's. Come on, man. :indeed:

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

Never said they wouldn't try anything new.

My point was that I'd love to see Nintendo to spice things up in the sci-fi FPS genre.

I was actually thinking of the posts' tone. Which is much more reasonable than yours and Ronnie's. Come on, man. :indeed:

My tone was that of bewilderment, not hostility :p

Sorry, but with your record I don't think it's surprising that I took your post as hostility. ;)

Apologies if I offended you, then.

Splatoon sold over 4 million units and won 'Best Shooter' at the Game Awards that year. Their current hardware approach isn't working but software wise, they're among the best selling of any developer.

Hey I'm not knocking splatoon, I'd say that it's proof that Nintendo need to work on more new things and stop scraping the Mario/Zelda/Pokemon barrel quite so much.

Ask yourself why it was successful. Was it because it was actiony in a way that no other title was offering on the Wii U? Was it because it was an interesting an innovative take on a genre that people already know? Was it because it had Nintendo charm? Was it because the Wii U was quite starved for a really great game?

And whilst we're talking about saturated genres, maybe you guys could turn the same logic to 2D platformers on Nintendo? By that thinking, they should have stopped making so many of them too.

It's a bit silly that this has all come from @drahkon saying the leaks haven't excited him yet and joking that if all these leaks are all that will feature in it that he won't have to get up at stupid o'clock to watch it! They haven't excited me yet either to be honest! The Rabbids have little appeal to me unless the game looks really really good. And a Rayman Legends port is a bit of a joke. Bringing up a PS4 presentation which held a completely different purpose and exists in a whole different context due to its wholly different circumstances was silly.

What on earth is wrong with wanting an FPS from one of Nintendo's teams? It's a perfectly reasonable desire.

Splatoon is great, but what's wrong with wishing for something different too?

I'm looking forward to 3D Mario, New Zelda. Ports of Wii U games are good I guess, if they're cheap and filling gaps and not the main feature of the release schedule, but not exciting in anyway.

It's what the likes of Retro etc. have up their sleeves that hold the key. Plus, the degree of third party support. Whether Nintendo are going to get any multi-platform stuff from the start, or whether it's all late, token ports.

Not long to wait to find out.

Ask yourself why it was successful. Was it because it was actiony in a way that no other title was offering on the Wii U? Was it because it was an interesting an innovative take on a genre that people already know? Was it because it had Nintendo charm? Was it because the Wii U was quite starved for a really great game?

All of the above?

And whilst we're talking about saturated genres, maybe you guys could turn the same logic to 2D platformers on Nintendo? By that thinking, they should have stopped making so many of them too.

It's a genre Nintendo have perfected, and I never suggested Western devs on PS4 and XBO should stop making first person shooters just because it's an oversaturated market. They're obviously popular, just as 2D platformers are popular with Nintendo.