NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

TWENTY FOUR new tracks!?!? Wow.

Not getting my hopes up as that sounds very unlikely, but if true, incredible.

More likely though it's the 16 DLC tracks + 8 new ones.

Edited by Ronnie

Hmmm, i was not even considering getting Mario Kart Switch, but with that many new tracks and characters, it is tempting...

The (supposed) box art says 24 extra tracks, which likely translates to the 16 DLC tracks and 8 new ones. If it were 24 brand new tracks they might as well just call it Mario Kart 9. Still, eight new tracks, new battle mode, new characters and the dual-item thing the teaser showed off + who knows what else still sounds brilliant.

TWENTY FOUR new tracks!?!? Wow.

Not getting my hopes up as that sounds very unlikely, but if true, incredible.

More likely though it's the 16 DLC tracks + 8 new ones.

Supposedly, it's 16 new tracks (making a grand total of 64, including the original 32 and the 16 DLC ones) and a proper, fully fledged Battle Mode (with, presumably, it's own set of arenas; so if this is right, then that's 8 Battle Mode tracks).

Sounds about right and exactly what I was hoping for :D

Edited by Dcubed

You mean by being off by a week?

You do realise I have proven insider knowledge countless times right? Do you forget what I do?

Your record is on par with Pachter. I would rather trust my horoscope :grin:

Your record is on par with Pachter. I would rather trust my horoscope :grin:

It really isn't. No need for hyperbole.

My site wouldn't be the biggest Pokémon fansite if my record was like that. Come on now.

Everyone claims to be an insider these days. Just gotta look at the amount of idiots on YouTube and Gaf who claim they know stuff.

Supposedly, it's 16 new tracks (making a grand total of 64, including the original 32 and the 16 DLC ones) and a proper, fully fledged Battle Mode (with, presumably, it's own set of arenas; so if this is right, then that's 8 Battle Mode tracks).

Sounds about right and exactly what I was hoping for :D

That doesn't even make any sense. If the box art says 24 tracks, 16 news ones doesn't fit into that in anyway...

I think it's pretty clear it's 8 new new tracks and 4 new new characters.

It really isn't. No need for hyperbole.

My site wouldn't be the biggest Pokémon fansite if my record was like that. Come on now.

I'd like to think that your website does well because it provides superb Pokemon content, not vague predictions and information like "from what I know, people won't be disappointed" ;)

Moving on, I find the prospect of the Mario Kart development team having more one less platform to work on quite exciting. I do wonder what it means for them in terms of software output; could we see them work on a game like Diddy Kong Racing or maybe even release a mode 7 style racing game like Super Mario Kart?

I'd like to think that your website does well because it provides superb Pokemon content, not vague predictions and information like "from what I know, people won't be disappointed" ;)

Moving on, I find the prospect of the Mario Kart development team having more one less platform to work on quite exciting. I do wonder what it means for them in terms of software output; could we see them work on a game like Diddy Kong Racing or maybe even release a mode 7 style racing game like Super Mario Kart?

Hopefully something completely new. Hideki Konno hasn't been able to work on a non-Mario Kart project (other than Nintendogs 1 & 2 and Super Mario Run) since Luigi's Mansion because he's had to constantly work on MK since Double Dash!(!)

[TWEET]815967520851116034[/TWEET]

Laura is a Nintendo secrets slayer.

She got more sources than Heinz.

I wondered when Mother 3 would get brought up again after the no-show at E3.

Getting tired of all the leaks, leave something for the presentation.

Getting tired of all the leaks, leave something for the presentation.

Thank you. I've been pounced on for saying that -_-

Why do you care? You apparently know more than the rest of us anyway. :D

They are just doing their jobs. It's not like they are breaking the law; they are journalists. It's like complaining about football transfer rumours :laughing: It's definitely taken away some of the surprise factor but that's what happens when you launch a console in March and don't reveal anything substantial until January.

The real issue here is why are so many Nintendo employees leaking info to the media this time round? I don't recall it ever being this severe. Correct me if I'm wrong but with the 3DS and Wii U it was pretty quiet, although this was perhaps because there wasn't much to leak.

Disgruntled employees? I hope not.

Really?

I thought it was more down to thinking the likes of Laura Kitsdale owes Nintendo something. The idea that she shouldnt leak anything because Nintendo want to reveal stuff themselves is ridiculous.

Tell your insiders at Nintendo to stop leaking stuff (you included) and we wouldn't have this problem.

They are just doing their jobs. It's not like they are breaking the law; they are journalists. It's like complaining about football transfer rumours :laughing: It's definitely taken away some of the surprise factor but that's what happens when you launch a console in March and don't reveal anything substantial until January.

The real issue here is why are so many Nintendo employees leaking info to the media this time round? I don't recall it ever being this severe. Correct me if I'm wrong but with the 3DS and Wii U it was pretty quiet, although this was perhaps because there wasn't much to leak.

Disgruntled employees? I hope not.

Iwata was the Nintendo Ninja. It's the only explanation

[TWEET]815981689012973568[/TWEET]

Hope not. That's a bit high. Lop £50 off that and it'll be alright, but £300 straight out is a big ask

[TWEET]815981689012973568[/TWEET]

Thankfully I think that's a placeholder and probably for the more premium SKU. Somewhere around £199-229 would be a great entry level model, especially if they want it to take off.

isn't Argos ridiculously expensive for gaming? I always remember them selling stuff at a much higher price. £300 in Argos sounds good to me... Also maybe they are fed up with Nintendo Scalpers and decided they may as well make a bunch more money on launch, then when supply begins to match supply, drop the price a bit.

According to Gameblog, who have a pretty good record when it comes to leaks, Retro are working on a new IP as well as new Metroid and Donkey Kong games.