NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Will you be watching it live? I'm wondering just how many of us N-E people are crazy enough to watch it on a work/school day. :D

It probably depends on how I'm feeling about it all next Thursday night. I'm almost certain to be working 7-4 on the Friday morning so I either go to bed early and get up about 4am to tune in or I'll probably have to wait until Friday evening to catch up on the news.

I kinda hope I'm feeling crazy enough to get up early :yay:

I'll definitely be watching live. Will go to bed early and wake up in time for it. Hope the translation is decent @Hero\-of\-Time like you suggest.

They'll probably have Bill Trinen up on stage translating, like they usually do whenever Miyamoto appears on stage.

I wonder whether or not Reggie will make an appearance though... Nintendo do know that they're broadcasting it worldwide simultaneously, so maybe?

Hearing that Bethesda is having second thoughts over supporting the Switch.

Where did you hear this? I've heard the exact opposite

I'll definitely be watching live, can't wait, I just hope what they don't discuss doesn't detract from everything they do.

A good launch line up, a nice roll out of games for the next few months (presume they'll save the bed of the year for e3), Vc looking amazing, some nice indies on the eshop, party chat for kav, and fantastic miiverse, social features and I'll be happy!

I think there will be an achievement system of sorts, but can't see it tracking all the games in one system. Think it'll be like Mario run no miitomo, there are missions, you get coins, but that's it.

So is the presentation eaaarly Friday morning for us? If so, I might also book the Friday off.

At like 4am

Nintendo really need to have a few surprises and a big draw like (3D) Mario out of the gate. Hopefully they use the Mario Run goodwill to useful effect. All iOS app owners should get an advert for Mario on Switch at least.

Coupled with Zelda at or near launch and the promise of more software on a modern, (customisable) tablet-like interface that allows for decent 'app' switching into games/miiverse/facebook/Netflix etc; Nintendo should look to bridge the language of the 'casual' gamer from the world of mobile and 'core' gamer into the switch. I can't wait for this system. Sick of being in another room from family when gaming, so have had more joy with my 3DS as of late.

Will be up at 4am. Have been told to sleep in the spare room as to not disturb the other half as she's up for work at 6:30. Can't wait! :D

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271193-epic-games-rep-says-a-lot-of-unreal-engine-4-games-coming-to-sw

The following comes from Takayuki Kawasaki, territory manager for Epic Games Japan...

- Switch does indeed support Unreal Engine

- a lot of titles coming that are using Unreal Engine technology on Switch

- this includes releases of already announced major titles and new games

- Takayuki is hoping the Japanese console business picks up more steam from Switch’s arrival

- Dragon Quest XI will be using Unreal Engine 4

So DQXI will be a downscaled port of the PS4 version?

Tekken 7 please

Edited by liger05

Nintendo really need to have a few surprises and a big draw like (3D) Mario out of the gate. Hopefully they use the Mario Run goodwill to useful effect. All iOS app owners should get an advert for Mario on Switch at least.

Coupled with Zelda at or near launch and the promise of more software on a modern, (customisable) tablet-like interface that allows for decent 'app' switching into games/miiverse/facebook/Netflix etc; Nintendo should look to bridge the language of the 'casual' gamer from the world of mobile and 'core' gamer into the switch. I can't wait for this system. Sick of being in another room from family when gaming, so have had more joy with my 3DS as of late.

Will be up at 4am. Have been told to sleep in the spare room as to not disturb the other half as she's up for work at 6:30. Can't wait! :D

Problem is the leaks have ruined most surprises. Take the Mario & Rabbids RPG. That'd have been a huge "wtf" surprise

Edited by Serebii

Problem is the leaks have ruined most surprises. Take the Mario & Rabbids RPG. That'd have been a huge "wtf" surprise

If GameCube VC games, motion controls and the Rabbids crossover are all of the surprises then it's gonna be a very disappointing event and probably always would have been. There's bound to be more on the cards.

If GameCube VC games, motion controls and the Rabbids crossover are all of the surprises then it's gonna be a very disappointing event and probably always would have been. There's bound to be more on the cards.

Don't expect the world from this event...

Considering the silence from Nintendo, and the lack of software during the past couple of years on the Wii U, there had better be something substantial shown. They need to come out of the gates with a bang, not a whimper.

Don't tell me we are gonna have another Wii to Wii U situation here where people said the reason for the lack of games during the twilight years of the Wii was because the teams were busy setting up the Wii U? We all remember how that turned out.

Considering the silence from Nintendo, and the lack of software during the past couple of years on the Wii U, there had better be something substantial shown. They need to come out of the gates with a bang, not a whimper.

Don't tell me we are gonna have another Wii to Wii U situation here where people said the reason for the lack of games during the twilight years of the Wii was because the teams were busy setting up the Wii U? We all remember how that turned out.

Na, there's going to be a lot shown, especially from third party partners. However, I think people are expecting too much

You only get to do this once so Nintendo better nail it.

I'm looking at software releases but also want to see the os and UI. This better be smooth as butter.

Expect the worst, hope for the best

When it comes to Nintendo I tend to do this but they still usually manage to disappoint me. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Quite frankly that's what Nintendo need to deliver.

They've set themselves up with this by putting all their eggs into this one basket by waiting so long to reveal it proper and leaving so little time before the actual release. If they fail to excite the world with this event, then they've set themselves up for failure as they won't have another chance to drum up excitement and retailer/dev/pub partner support before release.

Sure, the teaser reveal was great and was received very well, but that's just the tease. Now they need to follow through.

They only get one shot at it, so yes. They do need to deliver the world! And while the rumours are promising, the leaks do take away from a lot of the excitement; so for their sake, they had better still have some cards up their sleeve...

Edited by Dcubed

Quite frankly that's what Nintendo need to deliver.

They've set themselves up with this by putting all their eggs into this one basket by waiting so long to reveal it proper and leaving so little time before the actual release. If they fail to excite the world with this event, then they've set themselves up for failure as they won't have another chance to drum up excitement and retailer/dev/pub partner support before release.

Sure, the teaser reveal was great and was received very well, but that's just the tease. Now they need to follow through.

They only get one shot at it, so yes. They do need to deliver the world! And while the rumours are promising, the leaks do take away from a lot of the excitement; so for their sake, they had better still have some cards up their sleeve...

Well, from what I know, people shouldn't be disappointed.

HOWEVER

From what I know about Internet communities, there will be bitching anyway :p

Well, from what I know, people shouldn't be disappointed.

From what I know, people shouldn't be disappointed either (well, unless it's about F-Zero. Because I have no idea about that at least).

Edited by Dcubed

I think we should ban people who allude to knowing things but offer no hints or details :D

You've got some balls still trying to claim you have insider knowledge after your previous humiliation.

I think we should ban people who allude to knowing things but offer no hints or details :D

Everyone claims to be an insider these days. Just gotta look at the amount of idiots on YouTube and Gaf who claim they know stuff.

Can I just say I called Hybrid instantly, and also suggested a while ago about it having VR for a 3 in 1 console... #insider ;)

Anyways, Mario Kart Switch box art says - 'All New Battle Mode - 24 new tracks - 10 new characters'

Does that include DLC?! If not then that is incredible!!

You've got some balls still trying to claim you have insider knowledge after your previous humiliation.

You mean by being off by a week?

You do realise I have proven insider knowledge countless times right? Do you forget what I do?