NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Well, if it's true, between the embarrassing pandering and this, I'm officially unsold on Sun.

Congrats Game Freak/TPC, never thought you'd get me to miss a game.

Curious why though. It's the third iteration. It's still a portable console of sorts...

Sweet! Now I can save on buying a 3DS :D

I was actually about to buy a New 3DS XL but I'm tempted to save the money and put it towards a Switch now.

I was actually about to buy a New 3DS XL but I'm tempted to save the money and put it towards a Switch now.
Same. I was ready to look out for one in Black Friday.

I did fancy Pokémon Sun though. That Lion. But ah well.

Oh, never mind. Pokemon Stars IS apparently the 3rd version. Screw it then.

Edited by Dcubed

Interesting news. I was really considering getting Sun for the 3DS. But it looks like I'll just wait. Especially since I already have a backlog of games.

I'm happy to hear that Pokemon will be ported to Switch, i'm keen to play it but happy enough to wait for a Switch version.

Not too sure about a Mario RPG with Rabbids, developed by Ubisoft though. It's probably not for me either way, but I do worry about the quality of it as my experience with Ubisoft games is that they're a little rough and rushed.

According to the leaks, Ubisoft are developing a Mario RPG / Rabbids crossover. The game is currently planned for launch.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/11/report-ubisoft-developing-rabbids-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

Some key quotes:

"According to both of our sources at Ubisoft and Nintendo, on the day the Switch launches, it’ll launch alongside a new Ubisoft-developed turn based RPG, with the name suggesting it will be a crossover of the Raving Rabbids and Mario series.

The game, whose formal title has not yet been confirmed but is currently under the working title “Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids”, is being developed under the watchful monitoring of Nintendo, ensuring that it both hits launch day and that it conforms to Nintendo’s own internal specifications for how Mario characters and iconography should be presented."

"The title is going to be one of the cornerstone trailers shown when Nintendo details the system further in January. Nintendo intends to pitch the project to consumers as a Mario RPG project in collaboration with Ubisoft, in spite of Ubisoft doing most of the work on development"

Ke6KDHD.gif

Regarding the Pokémon thing... If it's true, that's a dick move by the leakers.

Regarding the Mario/Rabbids crossover... that's pretty huge, if true. When was the last time Nintendo let another company handle Mario? Mario Basketball 3-on-3, maybe? And that was a sports game. This is a full-blown crossover spin-off with another company's property. A western company, no less. It's bizarre to see Nintendo doing it, and yet, I'm inclined to believe it, because the concept is weird enough to be true.

If it comes to pass, I do hope Rayman makes an appearance.

Hopefully this leads to more third parties using Nintendo licences and characters. I would love to see From Software take on Eternal Darkness.

Regarding the Pokémon thing... If it's true, that's a dick move by the leakers.

Regarding the Mario/Rabbids crossover... that's pretty huge, if true. When was the last time Nintendo let another company handle Mario? Mario Basketball 3-on-3, maybe? And that was a sports game. This is a full-blown crossover spin-off with another company's property. A western company, no less. It's bizarre to see Nintendo doing it, and yet, I'm inclined to believe it, because the concept is weird enough to be true.

If it comes to pass, I do hope Rayman makes an appearance.

Why? People will still buy it on 3ds and Nintendo haven't announced it for switch. Most people who buy the game won't even know a switch version is in development.

Remember when MS announced the Xbox S and then Scorpio for 2017 and plenty people believed MS killed the One S. Months later and the Xbox S is flying off shelves.

If people want sun and Moon now they will buy now and likely double dip down the road.

What's so wrong about then it leaks? It's great, many of us are now canceling our orders and waiting for switch; good news for switch!!

As for Glen-I boycotting the game because of this, come on man, don't be a child. It's meant to be the best pokmeon since Gold (if not ever) enjoy tat, get excited by that, play it and love it, this news changes nothing!!

As for the Mario Rabbids game....erm, it COULD be good I guess. The fact it's ubisoft is making it is fine, means nintendo are spending too much resource, though Ubisoft better be bringing us all their other games!!

Why? People will still buy it on 3ds and Nintendo haven't announced it for switch. Most people who buy the game won't even know a switch version is in development.

Remember when MS announced the Xbox S and then Scorpio for 2017 and plenty people believed MS killed the One S. Months later and the Xbox S is flying off shelves.

If people want sun and Moon now they will buy now and likely double dip down the road.

Well, there are two significant differences between the Xbox/Scorpio thing and this: First, Pokémon Sun/Moon is about to come out, like, this month (or this week, was it?), not a few months down the line. Second, games and consoles are different things, as nobody knows exactly what the Scorpio is yet (we only have vague info on what it promises), nor if it will truly make the One redundant, whereas a "Pokémon Stars", everybody knows that's an updated re-release with more content.

But the main reason I said that is because the game is about to come out, and people who were planning to buy it on launch are likely going to be soured by this news. I agree that Nintendo's sales won't be affected much, I was thinking mostly of people hyped for the release of Sun/Moon.

People hyped by sun and moon can still be hyped by it, play it and love it. Or if you mean they'll now want to wait for stars, isn't hit s good thing? I'd personally be really annoyed if I bough moon, then a month later they announced a switch version. I'm glad I know in advance.

As for Glen-I boycotting the game because of this, come on man, don't be a child. It's meant to be the best pokmeon since Gold (if not ever) enjoy tat, get excited by that, play it and love it, this news changes nothing!!

That already happened. It's called Black/White.

I'll boycott whatever the hell I like, the more I've seen of Sun/Moon, the less I've wanted it. This is just the thing that's pushed me past the line.

Wasn't it on this very site a few days ago that I was told something along the lines of "vote with my wallet"?

Well now, this is me voting. I no longer see a good reason for me to buy it.

In the grand scheme of things, this news will hardly effect sun & moon.

Yeah there will be a minority like me who will wait for switch version but that is it.

Sun & moon is gonna do crazy numbers.

But the main reason I said that is because the game is about to come out, and people who were planning to buy it on launch are likely going to be soured by this news. I agree that Nintendo's sales won't be affected much, I was thinking mostly of people hyped for the release of Sun/Moon.

You call it a dick move but it's actually a pro-consumer (but anti-Nintendo move). People who buy the 3DS version might be disappointed to see a newer and better version of the same game they've already played is out in just 4 months or so. Not everyone wants to pay out twice.

If the Switch is 720p then this is a no-brainer really. The 3DS should have been retired long ago.

You call it a dick move but it's actually a pro-consumer (but anti-Nintendo move). People who buy the 3DS version might be disappointed to see a newer and better version of the same game they've already played is out in just 4 months or so. Not everyone wants to pay out twice.

If the Switch is 720p then this is a no-brainer really. The 3DS should have been retired long ago.

More like 12 months later, rumour says it'll be on Switch later in the year, the usual time the 3rd game is out.

More like 12 months later, rumour says it'll be on Switch later in the year, the usual time the 3rd game is out.

Then it's no deal to announce it this way really. People who can't live without Pokemon will buy it now anyway, and most people who just want the better version will wait.

Giving the consumer knowledge to inform their purchases is far from a dick move for us, that's for sure.

I'm actually pretty amazed that the 3DS year on year is up in the US over the last few months. Not really sure why it's happening.