NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I see that would introduce a bit of a headache, but taking yourself as an example, if I could add a "happenstanceUK@XbxL" and "happenstanceUK@PSN" and "HappsUK@NNID"... All it would take (and l I appreciate that "All" is a BIG all) is a bit of co-operation between the big three creating a basic standard for intercommunication. But I think actually they like the system as it is, it makes the "winner" more of a meaningful title - because they have the most active online community and biggest buzz.

Capcom multiformat support for switch

Obviously that isn't a "no".. but nor is it a "yes".

Personally I would say this could be viewed as an opening to the portable market for 3rd parties, the vita was never really properly supported, if the switch is around the power of the Wii U, or rather a bit more powerful, then it allows them to drop the game down a level for the portable version (whereas for DS it would have been going down 2 or 3 levels to get onto the console).

But it looks like Capcom are looking a the switch as another under powered home console instead... if this is the predominant viewpoint that could be an issue.

Edited by Pestneb
Automerged Doublepost

As long as the architecture makes it easy to port then nobody is going to refuse to port a game for artistic reasons. That whole article was pr bullshit for grown up games don't sell on Nintendo consoles so we're not going to bother which is fair enough but just say it.

Not really that surprising now - 3 people already said they didn't remember it. After looking it up, it doesn't exactly look that thrilling. The general MK theme seems to be the coloured bricks around the edge; it's not like you ride a kart or anything, is it?

Well maybe I misread your post but it seemed to be like you were disregarding the possibility that people found it forgettable, by saying "no you must just have just not played it". Maybe some people didn't find it anything special?

I feel like you're making my point for me. Yes, they were bitesize and ten a penny - so less memorable. For the most part, the levels also didn't really have a unique theme of their own (most of the themes were ripped from 2D Mario). So we are generally agreed they are less memorable than the N64 levels (whether you feel that's 'fair' or not)? This was a point I originally made in response to "AAA games are forgettable. Well, I found this game forgettable. I don't remember most of the levels!

I still don't know how to easily break up posts other than manually cutting and pasting the quote bits....

1.To be honest that video is an awful version of playing through the level - the coloured bricks, the iconic music form the SNES version, the constant speed of the level (the way it's supposed to be anyway), it was incredibly memorable for me and I'm sure everyone on here was chatting about it at the time too...

2. It was more a disbelief than anything negative - "SURELY you can't have played it if you don't remember it!!" Like it's the only explanation. I have similar bombast when people don't like certain films and such! WHAT?!?!?!?!

3. I completely agree the levels are less memorable. But I don't see that as a bad thing, it's not trying to be the same thing, it's not an aim of the game to have every level be memorable. Like I say, Galaxy isn't as memorable either and that's that best reviewed game of all time (isn't it?)

Like I say, Galaxy isn't as memorable either and that's that best reviewed game of all time (isn't it?)

According to Metacritic its the 6th.

Top 10:

1. 99 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

2. 98 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PS)

3. 98 - Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

4. 98 - SoulCalibur (DC)

5. 98 - Grand Theft Auto IV (X360)

6. 97 - Super Mario Galaxy (WII)

7. 97 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (WII)

8. 97 - Grand Theft Auto V (XONE)

9. 97 - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

10. 97 - Grand Theft Auto V (X360)

2 and 4 are ridiculous. And why haven't they lumped the GTAs together? Slightly bizarre. Interesting though.

2 and 4 are ridiculous. And why haven't they lumped the GTAs together? Slightly bizarre. Interesting though.

Why ever would you? Where's the bizarre? They're all standalone games upon their own merit; should the list also collapse the Galaxies?? They're probably far more like each other than a couple of GTA games necessarily are!

Why ever would you? Where's the bizarre? They're all standalone games upon their own merit; should the list also collapse the Galaxies?? They're probably far more like each other than a couple of GTA games necessarily are!

I think he's referring to the three versions of GTA 5 (i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, PS4) as opposed to including sequels.

He means merge the two GTA IVs and the three GTA Vs, which anyone with a bit of common sense would agree with.

Yeah, keep them separate if one of the versions had a different score, but otherwise, what's the point. It's the same game with the same score.

I can understand having two GTA V's for the different generation ones as they did have significant differences but yeah I would group the others together.

To be fair though its just a list of review scores so it depends what the website had listed as its primary review hardware for the game.

I think he's referring to the three versions of GTA 5 (i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, PS4) as opposed to including sequels.

Sorry yeah that makes perfect sense - I didn't clock the overlap at all as I simply wasn't expecting it! Completely ignore me :x

Sorry yeah that makes perfect sense - I didn't clock the overlap at all as I simply wasn't expecting it! Completely ignore me :x

*puts Rummy on ignore list*

*puts Rummy on ignore list*

You mean he wasn't already?

I've tried before, you cant puts mods on the ignore list :(

Okay fine I'll demod him.

You guys are the meanest :'(

You totally walked into that, only got yourself to blame.

Thought this might be of interest. Obviously last month the Switch was announced and shown off in a trailer but how much publicity did it actually gain? Judging by the video it seems websites were talking about it most over every other game. Facebook too. Twitter however it was topped by Red Dead 2. Interesting, seems Nintendo is making the right moves at the moment.

Thought this might be of interest. Obviously last month the Switch was announced and shown off in a trailer but how much publicity did it actually gain? Judging by the video it seems websites were talking about it most over every other game. Facebook too. Twitter however it was topped by Red Dead 2. Interesting, seems Nintendo is making the right moves at the moment.

Not watched the vid as not able to right now but didn't @Ashley or someone post an article along the similar sort of lines at some point? I recall it looked at bother the number of NX/switch articles in addition to the number/variance of publications putting out said articles. Looked like quite a range of reporting across the board which surely isn't anything too bad.

This one?

It took me a while to find it because I kept skipping that post in the search results because of the first line.