NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Interesting trailer - feeling positive but still sceptical. Joy Con's a fucking stupid name though. Waiting for more info and most importantly price before I contemplate it. Online features need to be absolutely on point.

:yay:

Well, Nintendo, you did it. It's been a long time, but you nailed that announcement.

I loved the idea of the Switch, so I'm estatic that the rumours turned out to be true, even if that was pretty much a given at this point!

And Skyrim on the go? Hell yes. A million times yes!!

I'm not sure about touchscreen, though. It works if you're in portable mode, but what about when it's docked? Touchscreen functionality would not be possible then, and from a cost-perspective it might make more sense to make it not touch-compatible. Then again, maybe the touch-features are simply an option on the go?

Ah, now we have so many answers, yet so many questions pop up!

That Mario, though... That looks... awesome!!

Edited by Strange Cookie

[tweet]789114114283040768[/tweet]

(I dunno how to embed tweets) never mind.

Already said it but it looks amazing. Basically a home console but can be taken on the move.

Do people think that this will be the end of "handheld type" games? I'm thinking of games like Link Between Worlds etc etc.

I don't think so, these games are huge with Indie devs, we still see plenty of them on consoles after all. I think if this replaces the 3DS, there won't be full-price titles that fit that niche anymore though.

Very excited so far, brilliant reveal. I just hope they don't fuck it up. Give us those hard hitters like OS level communication features, region free and, more importantly, keep to having non propitiatory storage.

It has to replace the 3DS, surely to the development team this is the whole point of the system.

Wait, so are we all actually happy???

mother-of-god-meme-589.jpg

I'd say I'm interested from a tech POV but still have too little info to make my mind up.

[tweet]789112125155192832[/tweet]

Would buy.

Emily Rogers is insisting whilst Nintendo haven't said anything, the Switch is 100% region free

As far as initial reveals go I definitely am.

The Joy-Con controllers look like they are far too small and look a bit impractical, but then I'd probably never use them anyway.

My only concern at the moment... Has it been confirmed if the triggers are analogue or digital? In my opinion they really need to get back to analogue triggers, if they added a digital click at the end like the GameCube then that would be great!

It looks good though, I mean the design of the actual device. Looking at the Wii U gamepad then the Switch and you would not think they were from the same company!

I'm also hoping that the dock has a way of increasing the power, whilst I'm sure the games would look great 'for a handheld' they need to be able to hold up when played on the big screen as well.

Emily Rogers is insisting whilst Nintendo haven't said anything, the Switch is 100% region free

Just gonna say that, Twitter seems to be of the option that it's region free, hopefully so. But with the value of the £ importing will be prohibitive!

@Phube for the love of... rehost your sig already :p

Honestly, I am just so happy there's no gimmick. Even you were telling me 2 hours ago to prepare for something "quirky", and I don't think this fits that. It looks smart, modern and definitely has a broad appeal. Even though I won't use it half as many of the ways that video showed it off, I still want one. And, it feels like a sign that they're realising they can have their unique footprint without being tacky.

Edited by Shorty

Well it looks like they've ditched the Wii brand and that whole strategy. I get the feeling that this console is a sequel of sorts to the Gamecube, which is a good start. The majority of fans will likely be delighted that this console is aimed at them. A return to analogue sticks as the minimum input requirement is a good news too as most Wii U titles were built around the d-pad.

Can't wait to see more of Mario.

We're still waiting for games.

But what was shown in the trailer is OK.

I'm assuming it is, but it is a touch screen isn't it? Not seen anything mentioned unless I missed it. Be pretty dumb if not but how would you play a touch screen game on the tv if the console is sat in the dock?

I'm pretty sure that it's not a touch-screen, nor is it dual screen, so you won't be using the tablet while playing on your TV. Just guessing really, but they didn't show any touch functionality in the trailer. If it's not, I won't miss it at all.

I'm assuming it is, but it is a touch screen isn't it? Not seen anything mentioned unless I missed it. Be pretty dumb if not but how would you play a touch screen game on the tv if the console is sat in the dock?

Pretty sure we don't know yet, but I'm definitely hoping for a touch screen... I need that to draw on Miiverse! :woops:

...But either way, I'm definitely sold. Day one as usual!!

Rumour from Emily Rogers who has got everything bang on so far is that it is a touch screen and multitouch

Have any specs been released?

I'd be interested to know what (or if) the internal storage is.