NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Only slight worry is that mario had a sunshine vibe to it!!

Edited by dazzybee

Cartridges!?

Portable device.

A portable device with optical media is just liable to break on the first speedbump you go over

They didn't show any touchscreen elements but there probably is.

Yeah @dazzybee, that was my worry about Mario too. Sure I can see a tightrope in the town.

Joy-Con is stupid. Why is it called that and not just the Switch controller?

it looks like it's fully portable rather than you can only play parts of games on the go, so that's a big bonus straight away.

The different control methods all seem really good.

Hoping now we'll see a flood of game reveals from the 3rd party publishers.

At the moment I'm all over it until I see EA reveal Fifa 17 "LEGACY" Edition

There was no mention of android compatibility?

But at this point it looks like a monster. Interested to find out what Nvidia chips are being used.

List of third party developers that are on board

CvN3l32WAAAfr2q.jpg

Konami? Well, considering they've just got one game in development right now, it seems Metal Gear Survive is confirmed. And Starbreeze... make's me hope they'll bring out Payday 2... or maybe even PD3!

Seriously though, I'm surprised there's no date for the full annoucement. This is just a teaser.

[tweet]789113387150090240[/tweet]

[tweet]789112036122775552[/tweet]

Twitter is hilarious

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Mario didn't wow me.

No motion controls? What about Splatoon?

And when you are holding a single Joy-Con controller on it's side... Shoulder button?

Fan-f-ing-tastic.

I'm also relieved the online reaction seems to be extremely positive. Phew.

If Nintendo did indeed hold back the reveal because there were issues with Mario should we thus expect more details quite soon because unless the issues with Mario were that they hadn't made the game there wasn't really much in that trailer that would suggest they need to hold back!

...why?! ::shrug:

They could be motion controlled and put to use independantly too.

I guess the could throw in a "bridge" to join them together or something too... roll on September.

I thought as much we were right, dazzy. :D

Wiimote + nunchuk style play. Hook them on to a bridge for conventional control pad style play. And also hook them back onto the screen for conventional control pad style play.

Joy-Con is stupid. Why is it called that and not just the Switch controller?

Because Japan. Take English words, shorten them, hey-presto, maybe say them twice, you have a trademark.

If Nintendo did indeed hold back the reveal because there were issues with Mario should we thus expect more details quite soon because unless the issues with Mario were that they hadn't made the game there wasn't really much in that trailer that would suggest they need to hold back!

I dunno that first area looked barren af :p I imagine they just about squeezed that footage out.

Edited by Shorty

I like that all of the parts of it are matte. It'll be interesting to see the breakdown of the processor - Nvidia mentions it's a custom Tegra processor so hopefully it's the more powerful variation that DF theorised when the Eurogamer leak happened.

Oh, and that Mario game looks brilliant!

No gimmicks, no top-down camera that makes the game feel like Sonic 3D Blast...

Just a normal 3D Mario game. FINALLY, only took them 20 years!

I think this will go gangbusters in Japan.

Am I right in saying no kids were in that trailer.

Quite the shift for Nintendo

Already said it but it looks amazing. Basically a home console but can be taken on the move.

Do people think that this will be the end of "handheld type" games? I'm thinking of games like Link Between Worlds etc etc.

Already said it but it looks amazing. Basically a home console but can be taken on the move.

Do people think that this will be the end of "handheld type" games? I'm thinking of games like Link Between Worlds etc etc.

I think as long as Nintendo see that games like that still work on the big screen for indies then we should hopefully still get them. I wouldn't want to lose them in this transition.

Am I right in saying no kids were in that trailer.

The car accessory should help with the kid/parent market!

just watched it again. It seems like you can't use the screen without the controllers, so there is a question mark over touch screen capabilities.

Do the controllers have motion capabilities? Couldn't really tell from the video.

When out and about do they Bluetooth to each other or is it all done via wifi?

237,000 tweets about the Nintendo Switch. Doing a great job of marketing already, hope they can keep it up.

That looks amazing, fecking amazing. Design wise its the best looking piece of tech Nintendo have produced.

When the controllers are used seperatly does it work like a Wii? Any sensor on the tablet?