NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Why do people keep putting Sony d-pads on these? do they not realise the nx is the next Nintendo console??? :s

Why do people keep putting Sony d-pads on these? do they not realise the nx is the next Nintendo console??? :s

It's because of this rumour...

Additionally, the controller is said to have a split D-pad, though the reason behind Nintendo's apparent decision to move away from the solid D-pad featured on all of its previous controllers was not explained.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/08/30/nintendo-nx-rumored-to-have-share-button-split-d-pad

Miyamoto just texted me this via WhatsApp

CfIuXd5.png

No share button, huge sticks, ergonomic shape, 10000p screen.

HYPE.

Miyamoto just texted me this via WhatsApp

CfIuXd5.png

HYPE.

Some of the edges look too sharp, I dont think it'll be comfortable enough. Typical Nintendo trying to make stuff unique when its just painful!

Some of the edges look too sharp, I dont think it'll be comfortable enough. Typical Nintendo trying to make stuff unique when its just painful!

I've tested it. Can confirm it's painful. If you like anal that's a different story, though.

I love how "legit" is worked into the console, though. Seems wireless. It adds a total new dimension to gaming. The word floats around the controller while you play. It's insane.

my point is: leaks suck and those NX leaks we've seen are boring :p

The latest "NX leak" :indeed:

5EF52769-AB3E-4ACA-971E-369F222768C5_zpsqiwefdze.jpg

It's the size of a keyboard! Haha

I love the absurdly huge shadows that 3 of the 4 Dpad buttons cast while simultaneously nothing else on the controller has a shadow.

Don't understand why people are thinking of a Sony-style split D-pad when the N64 had the four round C-buttons which pretty much were a D-pad.

I love the absurdly huge shadows that 3 of the 4 Dpad buttons cast while simultaneously nothing else on the controller has a shadow.

I was thinking the same, the buttons would have to protrude a significant amount for them to be the only buttons to cast that big of a shadow!

So do we think that Nintendo will wait for an event to announce anything or just go Direct?

I've a feeling they'll do a Direct, in which they'll have segments showing people (devs & journalists) having hands-on with it and giving quick (obviously positive) impressions, from a privately held event they had slightly earlier.

I've the feeling they'll do this as it will allow them to edit the footage of people's impressions and their time with it and will also allow the journalists to then release their articles after their NDAs end, which will be immediately after the Direct.

So do we think that Nintendo will wait for an event to announce anything or just go Direct?

Pre-recorded for the public to control the message

Hands on events for press

Fake. Why would they send out promotional stuff with a code name on?! Haha

[tweet]781813888211783680[/tweet]

Edited by Kav

Calling it just "New Nintendo Console" or "Nintendo NX" is still probably more realistic though. I remember at the Xbox One reveal event everything was just branded "Xbox" until the actual reveal (which didnt help the rumours that they were just going back to Xbox)

I hope they keep Nintendo NX too. It sounds better.

It's the same with the PS4 Pro. It sounds amazing as the PS4 Neo, but as the PS4 Pro, it's like "meh".

Nintendo NX would just be perfect.

PS4 Pro makes more sense though. It's the 'professional' (in the 'better' sense of the word) version of the console. Neo suggests new. Little things like that make a big difference with marketing.

I don't know about you, but PS4 Neo sounded dogshit to me. It was cool to people who still think the Matrix is cool and trendy.

Although I don't think neo was a great name, I do find pro and the number iterations pretty dull, I prefer a bit of fun with it all - gamecube, wii, dreamcast, saturn, scorpio etc

I understand the marketing benefits, I'm just saying what I prefer.

I don't know about you, but PS4 Neo sounded dogshit to me. It was cool to people who still think the Matrix is cool and trendy.

Well that's just not true.

I think the Matrix is cool and trendy, but I don't think the PS4 Neo sounded good.

PS4 Pro makes more sense though. It's the 'professional' (in the 'better' sense of the word) version of the console.

A professional PS4... nope still doesn't make sense to me. Neo sounds way cooler, Pro sounds generic and boring.

What are you guys fav Nintendo named machine?

Can't beat the N64, son.

I kinda like the DS. Nice and snappy to say and doubles as an abbreviation for Dual Screen.