NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I just come here for @canand's stubbornness now lol. Its like that Rollercoaster Tycoon thread from a few years ago all over again.

Well on the Wii U alone:

Fast racing Neo

Race the Sun

Mario Kart 8

Rock N Racing off road

Jet Tailfin

Super Toy cars

F1 Race stars

TNT racers

NFS Most wanted

Sonic & all stars racing transformed.

None of those are for those who want more of a simulation/realistic racer.

Yeah, I read about that on GAF.

Unless someone can provide an actual link to the page in question, I'm calling bull on this.

Retail "Leaks" are normally very iffy anyway.

Seeing Pokémon Snap coming to the Wii U VC this week reminded me once again we need a new version and it would be perfect for the NX concept. Plus Pokémon Go has proven people like taking photos of Pokémon ;)

Which brings me too - I really hope the NX has social media uploads in addition to just Miiverse.

Yeah, I read about that on GAF.

Unless someone can provide an actual link to the page in question, I'm calling bull on this.

Retail "Leaks" are normally very iffy anyway.

Yeah - well the last retail leak I remember was Majora's Mask 3D before its Direct reveal, so you never know...

Edited by King_V

I just come here for @canand's stubbornness now lol. Its like that Rollercoaster Tycoon thread from a few years ago all over again.

There is something very endearing about it, though. :D

*still waits for NX news*

You can tell when there's absolutely nothing to talk about with the NX when you see the same (lack of) diversity conversations circling around. What is the expected release date for the console? March?

Nintendo have said March yes. The Eurogamer leak seemed to break the industry for a week or so. Well the industry and canand.

There has been a lack of realistic racers on Nintendo consoles for years! In fact the last decent one that even springs to mind is World Driver Championship on the N64. If Nintendo don't want to give us analogue triggers on the NX then I guess we'll be left waiting even longer, maybe forever.

There has been a lack of realistic racers on Nintendo consoles for years! In fact the last decent one that even springs to mind is World Driver Championship on the N64. If Nintendo don't want to give us analogue triggers on the NX then I guess we'll be left waiting even longer, maybe forever.

burnout/2 used analogue triggers and that was awesome. My biggest disappointment with the Wii U is the lack of analogue triggers - I don't understand why they ditched it, it was such an amazing feature on the cube!

I just really hope the NX is region free.... oh well, nothing wrong about dreaming, right? :'(

kanye.gif?w=698&h=392

I just really hope the NX is region free.... oh well, nothing wrong about dreaming, right? :'(

It would make total sense for them to go region free considering the PS4 and Xbox One are. It's really weird to me that Nintendo's handhelds were region free until the 3DS, why did they ever make the change?

RollerCoaster Tycoon for Nintendo NX:laughing:

Nintendo have said March yes. The Eurogamer leak seemed to break the industry for a week or so. Well the industry and canand.

Thanks but it didn't break me

Sometimes reading this thread causes literally pain in my head....

It would make total sense for them to go region free considering the PS4 and Xbox One are. It's really weird to me that Nintendo's handhelds were region free until the 3DS, why did they ever make the change?

Because fuck you that's why!

Sorry that's just my go to response for unexplainable circumstances that often make no sense.

Well, there is actually a big chance for the NX being region free. As Iwata, rest his soul, said in a share holder meeting some time ago "he was strongly considering tge possibilities". And with the Xbone and PS4 both being region free there's no reason for nintendo to be the weird one. Here's hoping!

Source: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-wont-make-the-3ds-region-free-but-the-nx-migh-1704682379

Wasn't there some bullshit about implementing different eShops in differing regions, so they needed to introduce the region limitations to not allow cross-overs, etc., or did I just make this up?

Well, there is actually a big chance for the NX being region free. As Iwata, rest his soul, said in a share holder meeting some time ago "he was strongly considering tge possibilities". And with the Xbone and PS4 both being region free there's no reason for nintendo to be the weird one. Here's hoping!

Source: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-wont-make-the-3ds-region-free-but-the-nx-migh-1704682379

Thing is, PS3 was region free and Xbox 360 kinda was as well, but it still didn't stop Nintendo from locking down the Wii or the Wii U, despite the competition having an more open approach.

I would love the NX to be region free, especially given how for some bizarre reason Nintendo keep switching which regions get 1st party games first. However, when they region locked the 3DS I took this as a sign that they would be clamping down further on the situation.

Hopefully they have changed their minds now...

Wasn't there some bullshit about implementing different eShops in differing regions, so they needed to introduce the region limitations to not allow cross-overs, etc., or did I just make this up?

it could be a currency thing for the eshop, but it would be rubbish, they can set that at an account level if they really feel the need (although what about emigration) but the hardware itself should be the same. I mean how many people import games from a different region these days? Although I'd be open to the idea that as a % more people would do it for the Wii U than PS4/X1.

I'm just saying random figures here to make my point so don't shoot me on them, but:

On console A, 5 games are available.

On console B, 100 games are available.

Given the lack of quantity available on console A, I'd expect that fan base to purchase more of the individual titles.

Does it work like this? Really? Did Wii not have insane system sellers? Or PS1/PS2? They obviously did, the bigger the install base, the bigger the sales on the top games. That's how it should be.

Nintendo's games are so concentrated in one area (and lacking diversity) that they all sell to the same subset of people. It's why so few consoles shift even though they have a good few individual games that have shifted millions of copies.

You're using sales to try prove your point, but ironically they have proven ours - a clear lack of diversity in appeal of the games they make.

Didn't hurt the Wii, the DS, the 3DS... I know you'll come back and say they sold on their gimmicks, but then this is a different point entirely, you can't say Wii u not selling well proves the lack of diversity, whilst saying the reason Wii/DS succeeded was because of the gimmick. You're basically then picking the one thing which proves your point rather than having the same thought across all devices, someone could easily say Wii sold so well because of Nintendo games and Wii u failed because it didn't have party chat. Neither proves either point!!

Again, variety and diversity comes both within AND across genres - however in Nintendo's case due to them primarily supporting their system I'd say diversity within is less(let's again take MK7+MK8, both 'racers' by genre, but very little variety between).

Again, very unfair... Saying they made Mario kart 7 and 8 and they're no diverse.... Well obviously, they are the same franchise for two different devices; doesn't this say the development of one problem is even better - they won't have to make two Mario karts for two different devices and two different Marion's and two different smash bros - ego either freeing them up to make a DIFFERENT game to help worth density, or maybe provide new modes and development if they do see kart and smash as platforms for the life of the console for example.

Rummy actually just seen your comparisons. Again, unfair, you've chosen 2 different in each genre compared to tw of the same game on different devices. Why didn't you pick Super Mario 3D land and DOnkey Kong country. And Mario Kart and FAST or Need for speed?

It's like me saying Uncharted Vita and Uncharted 4, and Mortal Kombat VIta and Mortal Komnbat X. Just no variety. I know what your'e getting at but the comparison is just so biased.

Just seen Ronnie pretty much exactly the same... Maybe I should read the whole thread first rather than responding as I go along :D

Does it work like this? Really? Did Wii not have insane system sellers? Or PS1/PS2? They obviously did, the bigger the install base, the bigger the sales on the top games. That's how it should be.

Didn't hurt the Wii, the DS, the 3DS... I know you'll come back and say they sold on their gimmicks, but then this is a different point entirely, you can't say Wii u not selling well proves the lack of diversity, whilst saying the reason Wii/DS succeeded was because of the gimmick. You're basically then picking the one thing which proves your point rather than having the same thought across all devices, someone could easily say Wii sold so well because of Nintendo games and Wii u failed because it didn't have party chat. Neither proves either point!!

Again, very unfair... Saying they made Mario kart 7 and 8 and they're no diverse.... Well obviously, they are the same franchise for two different devices; doesn't this say the development of one problem is even better - they won't have to make two Mario karts for two different devices and two different Marion's and two different smash bros - ego either freeing them up to make a DIFFERENT game to help worth density, or maybe provide new modes and development if they do see kart and smash as platforms for the life of the console for example.

Rummy actually just seen your comparisons. Again, unfair, you've chosen 2 different in each genre compared to tw of the same game on different devices. Why didn't you pick Super Mario 3D land and DOnkey Kong country. And Mario Kart and FAST or Need for speed?

It's like me saying Uncharted Vita and Uncharted 4, and Mortal Kombat VIta and Mortal Komnbat X. Just no variety. I know what your'e getting at but the comparison is just so biased.

Just seen Ronnie pretty much exactly the same... Maybe I should read the whole thread first rather than responding as I go along :D

What point are you making here? The Wii/DS did have diversity, it had third parties on board. Wii U is pretty much just Nintendo, making their usual stuff to sell to their dedicated audience. The same people buy the games, so you don't see massive numbers of system sales despite good individual game sales.

What point are you making here? The Wii/DS did have diversity, it had third parties on board. Wii U is pretty much just Nintendo, making their usual stuff to sell to their dedicated audience. The same people buy the games, so you don't see massive numbers of system sales despite good individual game sales.

Did it have diversity? It didn't have the Bing thirst Parkes games of the other consoles at all. Also, I think you're being disingenuous if you're saying Wii had diversity and helped it sell over 100m. It sold because of the gimmick, the marketing, the image, the casual appeal etc. You know this, so implying it was because of a diverse library is a lie.

My point being, is that Wii u not selling doesn't provide evidence of a lack of diversity or Nintendo games not appealing to a wide range of people (you yourself has said if the same games were on ps4 they could sell loads more) . There are far more, bigger factors why the consoles do and don't sell.

What I would give for a Gran Turismo like racer on a Nintendo console, even something like Moto GP will do. It was these type of games that made the PS1 and PS2 ALWAYS a point of interest even while enjoying the N64 and GC.

I'm still confused at what people are "debating" though. Nintendo as a developer make a staggering amount of games, incredibly diverse; but on their own as a console maker they have some huge gaps in various genres. Doesn't everyone actually agree with this? I'm a little confused as people seem to be talking about different things.

What I would give for a Gran Turismo like racer on a Nintendo console, even something like Moto GP will do. It was these type of games that made the PS1 and PS2 ALWAYS a point of interest even while enjoying the N64 and GC.

Could Excite Bike be this? Excite Bike 64 was incredible, still is; would love this over another Excite Truck.

I'm still confused at what people are "debating" though. Nintendo as a developer make a staggering amount of games, incredibly diverse; but on their own as a console maker they have some huge gaps in various genres. Doesn't everyone actually agree with this? I'm a little confused as people seem to be talking about different things.

Could Excite Bike be this? Excite Bike 64 was incredible, still is; would love this over another Excite Truck.

Absolutely. People saying Mario kart and a mario platformer aren't diverse is a bit ridiculous. one is a racing game, one is an action platforming game.

As a software developer Nintendo are hugely diverse.

Mario kart, Pikmin, Art Academy, Donkey Kong Country, Starfox, Splatoon, Smash Bros, Zelda, Super mario bros U, Wii Party U, Nintendo Land, Captain Toad.

I can't off the top of my head think of a more diverse developer.