NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I hope that's true. I can't see them announcing it around TGS and it needs to be announced before September really to appease investors and industry pundits, so Gamescom would be the perfect place to do it really. I'm sure there will be announcements from other companies there, but nothing like there was at E3 or will be at TGS so Nintendo will have the attention of the worlds media.

It would be weird of them to unveil a console in Europe though.

Edited by killthenet

Rumours of the NX showcasing at Gamescom in August 18-21.

For the public to get their hands on it? This may be a good strategy.

Rumours of the NX showcasing at Gamescom in August 18-21.

For the public to get their hands on it? This may be a good strategy.

Microsoft & Sony Laying Off Gamescom Hints On Nintendo NX Unveiling

It is no longer a secret that Nintendo is developing a brand new gaming platform that is called the NX. The rumours are rife in claiming that the NX will get unveiled at Gamescom this year and this is now being supported by a statement from both Microsoft and Sony.

Both tech giants spoke in an interview earlier today and they confirmed that they won’t be part of Gamescom. Sony PS France was quoted saying that there won’t be a press conference happening at Gamescom 2016. Microsoft uttered something similar when they shared that they will not be hosting a media briefing at this year’s Gamescom.

Having both major tech company and game giants backing out of Gamescom sounds really fishy and it could be because of the Nintendo NX. Perhaps, Microsoft and Sony are anticipating seeing what the NX has to offer hence they are giving Nintendo a free pass to unveil its product at Gamescom.

But of course, nothing has been confirmed yet and the above is just speculations from end. We can only wait and see if Nintendo will use Gamescom to unveil the NX without being overshadowed by Microsoft and Sony.

http://nseavoice.com/games/microsoft-sony-laying-off-gamescom-hints-on-nintendo-nx-unveiling-920012337.html

My thought is: Nope.

Can't see Nintendo using a European show to reveal anything for the first time.

That headline could do with some work, or at the very least a semicolon.

My thought is: Nope.

Can't see Nintendo using a European show to reveal anything for the first time.

Furthermore I can't see Sony or Microsoft giving a "free pass" to what is still a competitor. If they knew Nintendo was doing the unveiling, backing out is a bad idea unless they had absolutely nothing that could combat it and not backing out would be a time waste. But both of them could easily steal some of the hype away, Further details about the One S, Scorpio or Neo would suffice. It feels more likely that Europe is just being ignored :/

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot talked about the Nintendo NX, stating that what they have seen so far of the console is really great. Guillemot also notes how having this machine coming is going to help the industry growing as well as take a lot of casual players back in the industry.

Very similar to what a Ubisoft rep said about the NX during E3.

Pokemon GO has shown that Nintendo have the ability to capture the expanded market on a mobile device, but whether they can replicate this on a bit of hardware that people will have to pay for is another matter.

If the GO hype has legs then they should make it so the game somehow talks to the NX and gives bonuses or shows stats or something. Or just call it the Nintendo Pokemon GO box and call it a day. :D

With this surprise reveal of a substantial content update for ACNL (being an obvious substitute for a cancelled Wii U AC game being ported to NX), I expect AC NX to be either a launch title or to come out within the first year.

With this surprise reveal of a substantial content update for ACNL (being an obvious substitute for a cancelled Wii U AC game being ported to NX), I expect AC NX to be either a launch title or to come out within the first year.

Yeah, said this many times, so obvious. As soon as Amiibo Party came out it was obvious they'd binned off Wii u and gearing the series up with nx.

As for Ubisofts comments... I find the whole thing pretty terrifying to be honest. A market I'm not entirely convinced is there any more for dedicated devices, but what scares me the most is the concessions that I feel would need to be made to attempt to get them back. Fearing an absolute disaster.

Personally I feel like the NX will be an important turning point for Nintendo, one which is already in motion with recent changes to the market, shares and other elements.

I'm no market analyst - nor would I want to be - but I just have a good feeling that the NX will turn out to be something which will appeal to long-term Nintendo fans, gamers and those with even a passing interest in video-games regardless of format. :)

The next few months should be very interesting indeed, I for one can't help but be nervously excited about it. :grin:

We're 137 pages into this damn thread still and we still know nothing. It could still be a hamster in a ball rolling around on a tablet and for all we know. It's actually kind of amazing.

We're 137 pages into this damn thread still and we still know nothing. It could still be a hamster in a ball rolling around on a tablet and for all we know. It's actually kind of amazing.

Said hamster put in a wheel is probably what will be powering the thing. :D

Possibly still more likely to invest in that though ;)

I just have a good feeling that the NX will turn out to be something which will appeal to long-term Nintendo fans, gamers and those with even a passing interest in video-games regardless of format. :)

That's certainly the dream :grin:

While I've loved both the Wii and Wii U, it feels like a lot of the Nintendo franchises I adore from previous generations have been sidelined for various reasons and I fear that the games that will be focused on with NX may not necessarily be the ones that I enjoy.

We'll certainly have new iterations of Mario Kart, Splatoon, The Legend of Zelda and probably 2D and 3D Mario platformers, which is great, but having that backed up with stuff like Metroid, Excitebike, Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, Punch-Out!! and F-Zero would excite me much more than the likelihood of things like Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and a variety of Mario sports titles that I personally feel have lost some of their charm.

The franchises I adore aren't really the ones that make money, unfortunately, and it leaves me with a bad feeling that Nintendo will roll out games that will perhaps try to capture our wallets rather than our hearts.

I've actually been really excited by the thought of hearing of NX and the future of Nintendo but I'm becoming ever more cautious with each passing day.

I just wanna know what the NX is. Someone leak some details already, please.

Regarding Ubisoft comments, I tend to take what they say with a pinch of salt. Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm sure they said all kinds of positive things about the wii u before release and look how that turned out.

Said hamster put in a wheel is probably what will be powering the thing. :D

What, this hamster?

What, this hamster?

Nah I heard it was gonna be dual-core but tricky to code for.

What does everyone think about the possibility that NX will be the final product name for, well, the NX? Or are they just continuing to use that codename across all mediums until they reveal it in September[/s]?

We see what appears to be an actual Nintendo logo for the NX at the end of the Sonic 2017 trailer, as shown here:

nintendonx.png

I've also got to admit, I've grown used to it.

I want to say it isn't likely as that isn't Nintendo's usual approach - but who knows, maybe they really are going to be mixing things up!

Everyone's talking about NX, so it would make sense to just call it that