NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I still play Nintendo Land, mostly because of my community center work.

5 player Mario Chase is a definite favourite. The Zelda game gets a lot of time as well.

Also secretly has the best Ridley remix ever.

My problem with Nintendoland is it feels like a game that would have really benefited from DLC to add new levels and games but it just didn't.

Yeah NintendoLand was fantastic. Absolutely loved it :)

My problem with Nintendoland is it feels like a game that would have really benefited from DLC to add new levels and games but it just didn't.

Indeed - I was hoping for Zelda DLC (maybe a Wind Waker themed adventure) but it never happened.

DK's Crash Course is still my favourite, but the vast majority of the games are great

Your problem with the game is you wanted DLC, so presumably you actually enjoyed the game?

Your problem with the game is you wanted DLC, so presumably you actually enjoyed the game?

For a limited time, I did. It ran its course for me in its current state.

Did I say I didn't enjoy it?

I was just hoping to finally see you say the words "I enjoyed a Nintendo game", without any caveats or damning with faint praise.

I was just hoping to finally see you say the words "I enjoyed a Nintendo game", without any caveats or damning with faint praise.

Here, I'll give you a freebie.

This whole idea that I hate Nintendo is purely in your head. You seem to take any criticism as hatred when in reality I'm just critical and that is neither a bad thing nor a sign of hating Nintendo. Hell the lowest score I've given to a Nintendo Wii U game on this site is an 8, but that apparently that isn't good enough for you.

Right, I'm going to say something that may be a little unpopular...

Nintendo have let themselves down this generation, not with what they have done and not with what has been on game disks, but what they haven't done and what hasn't been on the disk.

Nintendo Land was an awesome idea and could have been an awesome game. It had some great mini-games, and the idea of a Nintendo theme park with attractions themed around its most popular franchises is AWESOME!

But @Ashley is right. It got stale far quicker than it should have. It was offline only, why no online? Because, er... well? Why couldn't I adventure through a beautifully sewn together Hyrule with my friends, or hunt down Luigi as a group or cover someone from the gunship in Metroid? Because Nintendo never gave me the option.

Nintendo Land is a good game, I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10. But it could have been a 9 out of 10 if it had online, leader boards and you could download additional games and levels to keep things fresh. It's like Nintendo had a wonderful idea and then hobbled the product so it wouldn't appeal to as many people as it could have by closing the game off and not taking their ideas to their logical conclusions.

Nintendo Land isn't an isolated incident either. Where was the online in Pikmin and 3D World? Where is the online in Star Fox Zero?

Why does Nintendo insist on limiting the appeal of these games and ensuring they are never as big or successful as they could be?

But @Ashley is right.

giphy.gif

But seriously, let's hope they have learnt their lesson and will actually make online 'the air they breathe' next generation. Early indications (Splatoon, Smash, SMM) are positive. Hopefully we'll see more games opened up to post-launch content and ideas rejuvenated.

They could easily release add-on packs for Nintendo Land with 2 or 3 games for about £12-15 and I think it would be really popular. It's one of those games that is great when you have friends around, but unless you have an ever-revolving circle of friends it can grow tired.

Here, I'll give you a freebie.

This whole idea that I hate Nintendo is purely in your head. You seem to take any criticism as hatred when in reality I'm just critical and that is neither a bad thing nor a sign of hating Nintendo. Hell the lowest score I've given to a Nintendo Wii U game on this site is an 8, but that apparently that isn't good enough for you.

Sorry, I should have said a recent Nintendo game, not one from 20 years ago. I never suggested you hated Nintendo, I just suspect you don't enjoy their games all that much and if you do, certainly don't convey it with any conviction. But hey, who am I to judge, your call obv

Nintendo Land was an awesome idea and could have been an awesome game. It had some great mini-games, and the idea of a Nintendo theme park with attractions themed around its most popular franchises is AWESOME!

But @Ashley is right. It got stale far quicker than it should have. It was offline only, why no online? Because, er... well? Why couldn't I adventure through a beautifully sewn together Hyrule with my friends, or hunt down Luigi as a group or cover someone from the gunship in Metroid? Because Nintendo never gave me the option.

Nintendo Land is a good game, I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10. But it could have been a 9 out of 10 if it had online, leader boards and you could download additional games and levels to keep things fresh. It's like Nintendo had a wonderful idea and then hobbled the product so it wouldn't appeal to as many people as it could have by closing the game off and not taking their ideas to their logical conclusions.

NnGGHE0muVqpO.gif

Yeah NintendoLand was fantastic. Absolutely loved it :)

Awesome wasn't it! I loved collecting all the trophies for the main plaza. Brilliant game :smile:

They could easily release add-on packs for Nintendo Land with 2 or 3 games for about £12-15 and I think it would be really popular.

They could have easily used the game as a promotional tool for their up and coming games. There's a new Star Fox game coming out and they could have added a new attraction a few months before hand to create hype and interest.

Sorry, I should have said a recent Nintendo game, not one from 20 years ago. I never suggested you hated Nintendo, I just suspect you don't enjoy their games all that much and if you do, certainly don't convey it with any conviction.

I've not had much interest in their recent offerings which is also why I don't go into the threads and say about how much I hate them. I may discuss why I'm not interested, but that is within my right even though you seem to think criticism is not allowed in this forum.

But hey, who am I to judge, your call obv

You're one that seems to enjoy it, evidentially.

I think if Ashley hated Nintendo and their games he wouldn't still be running this place! Silly comment.

I think if Ashley hated Nintendo and their games he wouldn't still be running this place! Silly comment.

It's not a silly comment, because I didn't actually say he hated Nintendo, or anything even approaching that.

It's not a silly comment, because I didn't actually say he hated Nintendo, or anything even approaching that.

But you implied it and then baited him til he bit. Just like you do anyone on here who seems to criticise anything Nintendo do.

There's a very big difference between 'not enjoying' and 'hating'.

Can't believe no ones mentioned amiibo with regards to Nintendoland.

I'd be well up for a new nintendoalnd, free to play, amiibo unlock new attractions (or you can buy them for money for people who don't want loads of plastic); like everyone says online, leaderboards and new games to promote new releases seems great to me!

There's a very big difference between 'not enjoying' and 'hating'.

Now you're just repeating my words back...

I'd be well up for a new nintendoalnd, free to play, amiibo unlock new attractions (or you can buy them for money for people who don't want loads of plastic); like everyone says online, leaderboards and new games to promote new releases seems great to me!

Liked purely for that part!

They could have easily used the game as a promotional tool for their up and coming games. There's a new Star Fox game coming out and they could have added a new attraction a few months before hand to create hype and interest.

I think a lot of us would have been very happy with something like this :hehe:

Personally, I'd have been delighted with new attractions being added every so often whether they were related to upcoming games or not. I love Nintendo Land and got more out of it than most 'major' releases over the years so it's definitely a shame that they didn't take it any further. There could have been a Starfox rollercoaster ride which would quite literally be on-rails while you shoot down enemies/targets or even some sort of interactive ghost train in the lead up to Project Zero as DLC.

Wow this is like that twilighty show about that zone

I was honestly expecting something like that. Scan an amiibo from a game series, and get a special attraction based on that series and use the outfit of that character. It's so glaringly obvious

Wow this is like that twilighty show about that zone

I was honestly expecting something like that. Scan an amiibo from a game series, and get a special attraction based on that series and use the outfit of that character. It's so glaringly obvious

Or just downloadable for those of us that don't care for Amiibo ;)

I wonder if we'll see a Nintendo Land sequel on the NX that does take advantage of this. Maybe even incorporating a Disney Infinity 'free world' mode that some people have been wanting from Amiibo.

Hell imagine if it was part of the OS and you could have your own little plot of land that acted as your Miiverse/Miitomo home which mixed elements from Animal Crossing (home design) and you could scan in Amiibos and have them just hanging out in your house doing weird little things ala Miitomo and you could go visit a friend's and if they're in challenge them to an online game (although this should be doable without this Miitomo-esque thing I'm describing).

Basically Home meets Miitomo meets Animal Crossing meets Miiverse.