NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

It's certainly a good console with (I agree) the best Zelda game. When the next one's out, it honestly could have the two best Zeldas.

I also think I'd miss the GamePad if it wasn't there. I've got so used to using it for the web browser, eShop etc. I'm not actually saying the next console should have one, but I can definitely see why they had the idea for it in the first place.

I downloaded a few SNES games the other day and they're absolutely brilliant on that 6" screen, and I love having GBA on there too. With the NX, I can't wait to boost my Virtual Console collection even more.

A Red Dwarf reference (S1, ep 2 "Queeg") always makes me grin. : peace:

I didn't even mention off-screen play. My girlfriend loves to watch shitty vampire TV series and it has been an absolute godsend. I don't know what I'd do without it, I can't think of anything worse than being forced to sit and watch teenagers pretend to be vampires. I'd be lost without NES remix. Well, I wouldn't, I'd have my 3DS, but that's not the point. :awesome:

I also didn't mention Mario 3D world, the perfect marriage of 2D and 3D Mario, Super Luigi U, Wii Sports Club.. I could go on forever. Or the fact my previously none-gaming girlfriend has also been converted. Best. Nintendo. System. Ever.

I really hope they name the next console "Nintendo" or something like that. I miss the days where we'd call our mates and ask them round to play some Nintendo. #Nostalgia

I didn't even mention off-screen play. My girlfriend loves to watch shitty vampire TV series and it has been an absolute godsend. I don't know what I'd do without it, I can't think of anything worse than being forced to sit and watch teenagers pretend to be vampires. I'd be lost without NES remix. Well, I wouldn't, I'd have my 3DS, but that's not the point. :awesome:

I also didn't mention Mario 3D world, the perfect marriage of 2D and 3D Mario, Super Luigi U, Wii Sports Club.. I could go on forever. Or the fact my previously none-gaming girlfriend has also been converted. Best. Nintendo. System. Ever.

I really hope they name the next console "Nintendo" or something like that. I miss the days where we'd call our mates and ask them round to play some Nintendo. #Nostalgia

Always good to hear more Mario 3D World love, completely agree on it being the perfect blend of 2D and 3D.

And you still have Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong, Captain Toad, Kirby and Splatoon to play! I haven't started Kirby but the other four are excellent.

Your positivity is refreshing :) You are right in that the Wii U has many classic titles

Always good to hear more Mario 3D World love, completely agree on it being the perfect blend of 2D and 3D.

And you still have Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong, Captain Toad, Kirby and Splatoon to play! I haven't started Kirby but the other four are excellent.

I planned to pick up Splatoon when I got paid last week, but it was sold out! It's astonishing how popular that game is in Russia, the Russian social network VK is absolutely flooded with posts about it, and literally hundreds of hilarious Splatoon memes have been posted. Nintendo has done incredibly well to break into a market where PC and piracy has been king for the best part of 20 years. There is a whole genreation of teenagers who are just discovering the company and the games, and I'm sick with envy.

Splatoon's back in stock now, but I've been holding off until I've finished a couple more games. Yoshi's dropping on Friday too, so I might grab that first. I know Splatoon will be a time consumer.

Your positivity is refreshing :) You are right in that the Wii U has many classic titles

For anyone who is getting frustrated or bored with Nintendo, take some time off from gaming. I took almost 3 years off. Didn't check news, didn't post on message boards, and didn't play all that much. It's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

For anyone who is getting frustrated or bored with Nintendo, take some time off from gaming. I took almost 3 years off. Didn't check news, didn't post on message boards, and didn't play all that much. It's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

I think thats not great advice, given the fact Nintendo are in the Entertainment industry, they shouldn't require or want us to 'take time off' (unless they don't want our money).

TBH I used to think this a year or so ago when I was more appreciable of the titles on offer after being Wii U less for a year... But then I realised this approach probably dented gaming as a hobby for me.

It shouldn't be this way.

I tend to just go play on another console.

Plenty of rumours flying around about NX.

Rumor: NX isn’t Android-based, but can emulate Android games

Building off rumors concerning Nintendo and Amazon’s relationship comes additional speculation about NX. Here’s the latest:

– When Nintendo announced their mobile games, Amazon was very interested in having the games also be on the Amazon App store.

– Nintendo games will be on the Amazon store on day one, or shortly after Play Store and App Store.

– Amazon is asking Nintendo what they need to do to have Amazon App Store games play on Nintendo consoles

– Amazon got the impression that Nintendo is thinking about emulating Android games.

– Nintendo will not create an Android system, but instead will emulate Android games. It’s not something that’s confirmed, but just an interpretation of the conversations.

All of today’s rumors stem from reports made by Revogamers. Those who missed the original post can read up on it here.

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-nx-isnt-android-based-but-can-emulate-android-games/

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1069727

Rumor: Potential Nintendo and Disney deal, Nintendo mobile games on the Amazon Appstore

Spanish outlet Revogamers has put up a pair of new rumors about Nintendo. We’re generally wary about posting speculation, but the site did publish accurate reports last year about amiibo and Nintendo characters joining Skylanders.

In any case, here’s what Revogamers passed along:

Nintendo & Disney negotiate a big deal: films, videogames and interactive toys and merchansing

– amiibo are not included in Disney Infinity 3.0 because both companies have yet to set an agreement

– Disney wanted to have a Mario figure in Infinity, but Nintendo refused to lend their most important character

– This is not a dead end in the negotiation

– Both companies have been in conversations for years, as Disney has asked Nintendo many times to have Mario in films and other media

– Under new Nintendo rules (licensing characters) options for Disney are widened: they are talking about Mario starring in films, probably something related to Wreck it Ralph

– Disney is after Nintendo to have a game with Mario and Mickey together

– Nintendo is open to it but wants to set their own pace for it

Nintendo mobile games on Amazon Appstore

– Nintendo will offer their mobile games through Amazon Appstore

– The American company was the one approaching their Japanese partner for the deal

– In response, Nintendo asked Amazon about Amazon TV games

– It is not clear what is this for, but people at Amazon think that there is something related to Android in Nintendo’s future

– Nintendo is moving some of their data out of Amazon Cloud Servers, probably to DeNA ones

Obviously both of these rumors aren’t at all confirmed currently. I’ll let you be the ones to decide if they hold any truth!

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-potential-nintendo-and-disney-deal-nintendo-mobile-games-on-the-amazon-appstore/

http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/wii-u/rumor-nintendo-negocia-que-amiibo-sirvan-en-skylanders-y-disney-infinity-14659.html

http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/wii-u/rumor-nintendo-y-disney-negocian-un-gran-acuerdo-incluido-un-videojuego-mario-y-mickey-16184.html

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I was thinking about Splatoon and how Nintendo advertised this game and not others like Bayonetta 2 or The Wonderful 101. I bet Devils Third doesn't get any advertising nor have I seen any ads for Yoshi's Woolly World released today. Could it have anything to do with the NX? I know it's a new franchise and Nintendo want to get it established but look at when it released. It released right before E3, it released before it was fully ready but Nintendo may be using it as an example to get support for the NX. Its sales certainly wouldn't hurt its chances. I mean like they really pushed Splatoon. Other games got absolutely zero support or advertising. Sales of 1 million in less than a month, a new ip that came from nowhere showing that with the right leverage third party games could have similar succes on the NX. You know Nintendo had to have been trying to do deals behind the scenes at E3 and I bet Splatoon was mentioned. If they went into E3 using sales of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, MP10, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker or Mario vs Donkey: Tipping Stars as examples of great success, it wouldn't impress 3rd parties. But Splatoon does and you need a showpiece to sell your wares.

Splatoon's advertising has been a blip on what otherwise is a flatline this year.

?id=3670746&d=animatedgifs6&n=ecg-1&s=o

Edited by Wii

It's a new first party IP, a fresh new concept on the oversaturated shooter genre, of course they're going to advertise it. Just like they advertised Smash and Mario Kart 8, other competitive multilayer games with a huge potential market and that are being supporting long term with DLC.

I was thinking about Splatoon and how Nintendo advertised this game and not others like Bayonetta 2 or The Wonderful 101. I bet Devils Third doesn't get any advertising nor have I seen any ads for Yoshi's Woolly World released today. Could it have anything to do with the NX? I know it's a new franchise and Nintendo want to get it established but look at when it released. It released right before E3, it released before it was fully ready but Nintendo may be using it as an example to get support for the NX. Its sales certainly wouldn't hurt its chances. I mean like they really pushed Splatoon. Other games got absolutely zero support or advertising. Sales of 1 million in less than a month, a new ip that came from nowhere showing that with the right leverage third party games could have similar succes on the NX. You know Nintendo had to have been trying to do deals behind the scenes at E3 and I bet Splatoon was mentioned. If they went into E3 using sales of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, MP10, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker or Mario vs Donkey: Tipping Stars as examples of great success, it wouldn't impress 3rd parties. But Splatoon does and you need a showpiece to sell your wares.

Splatoon's advertising has been a blip on what otherwise is a flatline this year.

?id=3670746&d=animatedgifs6&n=ecg-1&s=o

When it comes to Yoshi, I just think that they know that it will sell well, especially with the amiibo, so they are not trying to advertise it, but they are happy with the numbers they will get anyway (I think that they could increase it with more advertising, but.....).

I don't know why they are not doing it with Devils Third, but maybe it's to violent for them and they don't want to advertise it a lot.

They clearly focus on the big multiplayer games for their heavy advertising: Smash, Mario Kart and now Splatoon.

When it comes to Yoshi, I just think that they know that it will sell well, especially with the amiibo, so they are not trying to advertise it, but they are happy with the numbers they will get anyway (I think that they could increase it with more advertising, but.....).

I don't know why they are not doing it with Devils Third, but maybe it's to violent for them and they don't want to advertise it a lot.

From the brief description on Nintendo's website.

Devil in the Details

A Wii U exclusive third-person shooter/combat game arrives from the creative mind of legendary designer Tomonobu Itagaki.

• Devil’s Third is an over-the-top, third-person action shooter that combines modern military weaponry with ninja-style swordplay and melee combat.
  • The game has a unique vision for a deep and challenging online mode that blends clan-based action, resource management and strategy.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/_HvDpYyz5qD2kAKuSCj62VmKyYV3RKP1

The biggest focus of this game is online. What's the point of buying an exclusive if you just send it out to die? Nintendo have advertised mature titles in the past. It's supposed to be out in a couple of months and has had very little exposure.

No the main focus of the game isn't online, it's a single player campaign with a bonus online mode. Maybe, Nintendo aren't promoting it because it looks terrible? Not to mention they're busy promoting their own excellent shooter.

From the brief description on Nintendo's website.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/_HvDpYyz5qD2kAKuSCj62VmKyYV3RKP1

The biggest focus of this game is online. What's the point of buying an exclusive if you just send it out to die? Nintendo have advertised mature titles in the past. It's supposed to be out in a couple of months and has had very little exposure.

Maybe they don't like....

I agree with you that they don't do enough when it comes to advertising, but Devils Third doesn't look like a game Nintendo officials would love to much.

But God knows what's their reason.

I can't help but think advertising Yoshi could catch the "awww, so cute" female/male crowd that may not know about it. ESPECIALLY with the knitted Amiibos. Missed opportunity. Right now it has Nintendo/Yoshi fans, which may be enough for profit, but look at the expanded audience certain DS/3DS games have gotten over the years...FROM ADVERTISING.

Yoshi has definitely been advertised. My nephew wants the game, due to the adverts.

More Nickelodeon ads so I presume. Why does Nintendo have a kiddy image again?

Anyway, about the NX...

Does anyone foresee a definite 2016 'Holiday' release? (Loads of Youtube fanatics are claiming so).

Anyway, about the NX...

Does anyone foresee a definite 2016 'Holiday' release? (Loads of Youtube fanatics are claiming so).

I still feel like 2016 is a bit too early. Obviously I cant say how long they have been working on this but I would hope they wouldnt rush it to market due to the failure of the Wii U.

I still feel like 2016 is a bit too early. Obviously I cant say how long they have been working on this but I would hope they wouldnt rush it to market due to the failure of the Wii U.

Yeah, I agree. But I just wonder how long they can keep the Wii U running after this E3...

Perhaps next years E3 would be a Zelda Wii U blow-out with first looks at the NX, with zelda releasing holiday 2016... naturally, NX would have a 2017 holiday release - but the year between Zelda Wii U and the NX release would be terribly dire. ::shrug:

Yeah, I agree. But I just wonder how long they can keep the Wii U running after this E3...

Perhaps next years E3 would be a Zelda Wii U blow-out with first looks at the NX, with zelda releasing holiday 2016... naturally, NX would have a 2017 holiday release - but the year between Zelda Wii U and the NX release would be terribly dire. ::shrug:

Do Nintendo care though? They left the Wii to die for its last year or two didnt they?

I do wonder whether the NX is two separate consoles.

The X which is a handheld but boasts improved connectivity with the Wii U. It can run off screen play games without a Wii U, can play in tandem with a Wii U as a gamepad (perhaps with certain games as the second gamepad?).

The next year the N is released, a more powerful home console that is close to what the PS5/X2 will be (I think it is unlikely it will be on a par sadly).

The X works seamlessly with the N, and an NX bundle is released with both consoles. Alternatively the N can be bought stand alone with a controller that resembles the pro controller except with a few improvements (like analogue shoulder buttons!)

Backwards compatibility with Wii U games requires an X console or Wii U gamepad, off tv compatible games can be run still

Miyamoto Says He’s Taken A Step Back From Nintendo’s Hardware Design, More Focused On Software

Nintendo’s renowned video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto has said he’s taking a step back from hardware design to focus more heavily on software development. In a recent interview with Fortune, the Mario creator stated that he’s no longer “actively participating and making decisions” when it comes to Nintendo’s current hardware development, including the NX. It’s, perhaps, a bold move for Miyamoto to make, though, as we heard earlier this week, he’s hoping the NX will be Nintendo’s next big hit after blaming the Wii U’s floundering performance on tablet progression and the console’s high price.

“I’ve pulled myself back out of some of the hardware section and I’m really focused on some of the software that I’m involved in—for example, the new Starfox game. Of course I am observing and looking at the hardware, but I am not actively participating and making decisions.”

Nintendo continues to be secretive when it comes to the NX due to fear of competitors potentially poaching their ideas. However, the company is currently in new talks with third parties regarding the upcoming hardware and, as Fortune alludes, reception appears to be positive. Nintendo’s software planning and development division general manager Shinya Takahashi referred to capturing the attention of gaming fans once again with Nintendo’s next home console.

“For us, the next step is to think about what is going to be that element that is really going to catch the attention of a large number of players again and get them excited. We’re constantly thinking about this idea from the perspective of the players and the needs of the players in terms of what can we can do with our ability and our technology to capture that excitement and passion.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/27/miyamoto-says-hes-taken-a-step-back-from-nintendos-hardware-design-more-focused-on-software/

There's something about that announcement that grabs my attention. I hope they are able to pull it off!

I can't see them matching the PS4/XBO in terms of power, it would be too expensive and would rule out people picking up a Nintendo as a second console. NX is going to be cheap I reckon, get it in as many peoples' hands. Great games, cheap price. Nintendo have proved you don't need the latest tech to make games look and play stunning. (ignoring Star Fox and Animal Crossing). That combined with the rumoured two devices working together could be a great prospect with lots of potential.