NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

More than anything, I want amiibo to die. I want them to have nothing to do with the NX.

Haven't you ordered a Yarn Yoshi amiibo?

Remasters. Some people shout cheap copout, but face it; fans of series like them, they sell well, make huge profit for effort put in. If Wii U had more of them their fans would be much happier. Nintendo dropped the ball here, no doubting it. The other companies are cashing in and laughing all the way to the bank.

I would love to have versions of their classic games, Twilight Princess for example, that can be upgraded every now and then. Better textures, higher resolutions and frame rates etc.

Not sure if this has been posted, but in this article Reggie references the fact that they've already announced they're working on their "next home console". Confirmation NX is a home console then?

Ah, that's a couple of quotes now along these lines.

Kensuke Tanabe:

If we started for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo's NX console.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/next_metroid_prime_home_console_title_would_likely_now_be_on_nx

And here's the Reggie quote:

We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/06/18/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-talks-amiibo-and-the-skylanders-deal/

They certainly lend weight to the idea of NX being a home console, although (and I'm by no means the first to say this) I still think it might be both at the same time. Not a hybrid, just a choice between a handheld and console that both play the same games.

Not a hybrid, just a choice between a handheld and console that both play the same games.

That seems a very good bet

That seems a very good bet

Pretty much because that's what Iwata said :p

Pretty much because that's what Iwata said :p

What does it mean?

What does it mean?

Basically, the handheld and home console will be brothers. They'll have similar hardware architecture, same OS but different specs.

Developers can easily share engines/assets across both platforms, account etc. works across both, some games can be on both if the developers choose but there can be games exclusive on one.

It's like with iOS. iPhone and iPad are both devices with similar architecture/different specs. Many games are shared across both devices, but there are exclusives.

There'll be 2 devices. Nintendo aren't going to put all their eggs in one basket. Yes they'll work on the same OS and we'll get indie games and VC games ported easily between the 2 with the same save files shared on both rather than this generation with games like Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. We won't get games that will be dumbed down from the NX to play on the portable. That would be too difficult and expensive to do I think.

The NX may have a standard controller and the portable can be used as a controller on it to allow for games and developers who want to use dual screens. The 2 devices will link up more than they ever have before. Possibly allowing some aspects of the NX games to be played when out and about on the portable, e.g. designing a house in Animal Crossing and sending back data to the NX received from Spotpass. Maybe a Spotpass app for your smart phone too.

Are NFC sensors relatively inexpensive? I'm assuming the controllers for the new console will all come with them inbuilt for amiibo, hopefully it doesn't bump up the price much.

Basically, the handheld and home console will be brothers. They'll have similar hardware architecture, same OS but different specs.

Developers can easily share engines/assets across both platforms, account etc. works across both, some games can be on both if the developers choose but there can be games exclusive on one.

It's like with iOS. iPhone and iPad are both devices with similar architecture/different specs. Many games are shared across both devices, but there are exclusives.

Thx. I've thought they already run on a very similar OS and architecture :confused: .

Thx. I've thought they already run on a very similar OS and architecture :confused: .

They couldn't be more further apart, hence why the Smash games had to be programmed separately. With join architecture between the devices they could just make 1 game to run across both platforms.

They couldn't be more further apart, hence why the Smash games had to be programmed separately. With join architecture between the devices they could just make 1 game to run across both platforms.

Exactly, or properly port the engine over to make development easier if they still want to do different ones.

F#ck amiibo!!! They have nothing to do with games.

People like them. Get used to it. I ask again, didn't you order one?

I get it, I've informed myself about it, I've just assumed it would be logical to do it that way.

People like them. Get used to it. I ask again, didn't you order one?

You are on his ignore list. Why would you expect a response?

You are on his ignore list. Why would you expect a response?

I'm not on his ignore list, he's replied to me before. I'm just curious why someone who goes on and on (and on) about hating amiibos and how he wished they would die, has nevertheless ordered some.

The fact he has replied to your posts before does not necessarily mean you are not on his ignore list.

Yeah exactly. Serebii for example is on my ignore list but on occassion I will click the "View Post" button to see what he's going on about this time.

Either way though, I will never understand why you keep replying to him despite constant warnings from mods, other members complaining and Wii himself having to keep reporting you. He doesnt want to talk to you so why cant you just leave it alone?

I'm not on his ignore list, he's replied to me before. I'm just curious why someone who goes on and on (and on) about hating amiibos and how he wished they would die, has nevertheless ordered some.

Just leave him alone. Almost every time he posts you're the first post underneath trying to rile him up in some way.

I'm just curious why he bought an amiibo if he hates them so much, that's all.

But you're not actually curious at all are you? You just trying to start an argument.

No I'm genuinely curious why he would want an amiibo if he hates them so much.

To the matter at hand...

I hope Nintendo do a one two punch with the NX on launch like they did with the Wii.

Let's have a Zelda/similar hard core game, and an Amiibo based game, like the AC one or a more fully fledged one. Bundle in a couple of exclusive Amiibo only available when bought with the console, and it could be a winner! Business wise at least :)

I don't get why people want an amiibo game. They don't add anything, if you're a kid, the interaction could be fun. How can people not see them for what they are? Trojan horses. People have spent hundreds of £'s on them. I would prefer games instead. If given the choice would you rather 3 Splatoon amiibo sitting on a shelf or spend that money on the game itself? Something you can play, you know a video game, what this whole hobby is about?

I may well wait to see NX for myself, not believe what Nintendo say but what the gaming sites have to say. If Nintendo fail to reveal the specs for a 3rd generation in a row prior to launch, there's probably trouble on the horizon.

Edited by Wii