NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

Steamworld Heist

I had a check and there's no thread for this game which is surprising. Anyway here's a developer interview.

STEAMWORLD HEIST | EGX Rezzed |

I'll beef it up when I've more time.

yeah I was interested but the more he revealed the less interested I became. Hopefully he's just a terrible salesman/I'm not getting it just yet

Adored Steamworld Dig; thought Image & Form proved themselves to be a thoroughly creative developer; thrilled they're not resting on their laurels and doing something different.

Can't wait.

The Scrappers Will Be Out to Get You in SteamWorld Heist

Details of enemy types are shown off

SteamWorld Heist could be a download highlight of 2015, with the follow-up - not sequel - to SteamWorld Dig heading to Wii U and 3DS alongside a host of other platforms. 2D strategy takes the place of digging and jumping, while steampunk will be heading into outer space.

The Image & Form blog is posting regular updates, and the latest article shows off The Scrappers, which are familiar enemies to those that have watched footage or played demos so far.

original.jpg

Though appearances will vary due to the game being procedurally generated by nature, each will have different strengths.

original.jpg

Rippers are weak but attack in numbers.

original.jpg

Choppers are "smarter and able to handle more potent weaponry".

original.jpg

Finally, Crushers are rather like tanks, absorbing and dishing out a lot of damage.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/the_scrappers_will_be_out_to_get_you_in_steamworld_heist

http://imageform.se/enemy-alert-meet-the-scrappers-steamworld-heist/

Anyone else picked this up? Released a couple of days ago. Loving it so far! At first I was disappointed the devs didn't make another Metroidvania style game but I've been pleasantly surprised with how much this is!

I thought Dig was incredible so I'll definitely get this, be a great game to play over christmas I reckon. See down and relax with my 3DS!

I thought Dig was incredible so I'll definitely get this, be a great game to play over christmas I reckon. See down and relax with my 3DS!

This has nothing to do with Dig so if that is your sole reason for getting it, don't. It's completely different. I hated Dig, it was a waste of time and disk space.

---

I just finished Heist today, 12 hours, experienced difficulty. I quite liked it! It felt a lot like old-school Worms-games (bar the insane weapons) and that was refreshing.

This has nothing to do with Dig so if that is your sole reason for getting it, don't. It's completely different. I hated Dig, it was a waste of time and disk space.

---

I just finished Heist today, 12 hours, experienced difficulty. I quite liked it! It felt a lot like old-school Worms-games (bar the insane weapons) and that was refreshing.

I loved the game... but in worms games was there not a time limit within which you had to complete your turn? It resulted in a more hectic feel. But having said that I think you are probably right, which is why I love the game... it's really addictive, awesome game and definitely well worth the price. Dig I don't want to play again... I fell I'm done with that game, though wouldn't say it was a waste.

But heist I actually enjoy playing through levels again and again as I get new characters and weapons. The ships layout changes each time so it feels fresh enough, and being able to adjust difficulty gives a bit more meaning to doing so. I think the game is a bit easy (my own fault I should set it to a tougher difficulty) but even within that it is fun. I've only played one level that was unsatisfyingly easy, just pushed the difficulty up a notch and replayed it so it didn't feel cheap. Hoping to complete the whole game on the toughest difficulty soon. Should make my next long distance flight enjoyable in any case! :)

It comes with the DLC for free too!

In SteamWorld Heist, you command space pirates in a series of epic tactical shootouts. Strategy fans will feel right at home and get hooked on the game’s unique action twist. By aiming your weapons yourself you'll shoot bullet-bouncing trick shots with unrivaled precision. No need to rely on chance to take down your foes!

A few centuries after SteamWorld Dig 2, it’s up to a hearty crew of steambots to board, loot and shoot their way through enemy spaceships. With you as their captain! Take on the challenges of the vast frontier by upgrading your recruits with unique abilities, weapons — and even stylish hats!

SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition comes with extra content previously only available as DLC. Including a mysterious ally and a shipload of weapons, upgrades, hats, and missions. Accompanied by a catchy soundtrack by Steam Powered Giraffe, you’re in for an adventure that’s out of this world.

What are you waiting for? Prepare for boarding!

Good stuff! Late ports should really come with their DLC packaged in for free (I'm looking at YOU Namco!)

I never got round to playing it on 3DS/Wii U, so I'm all over this one! :D 

Loved it at the time, will probably buy it again. Bet it'll look good in HD. The 3DS' 240p screen probably didn't do the art justice.

Edited by Ronnie

Sign in to follow this