NEurope
Emerald Emblem

Formula 1 2015

The new season is finally underway and still no new thread, guess its up to me.

1280px-F1_logo.svg.png

Teams: Drivers

Mercedes: Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton

Williams: Felipe Massa and Veltteri Bottas

Red Bull Racing: Daniel Ricciardo and Danill Kyvat

Ferrari: Sebastien Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen

Mclaren: Fernando Alonso and Jensen Button

Force India: Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenburg

Torro Rosso: Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz

Lotus: Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado

Manor F1: Will Stevens and Roberto Merhi

Sauber: Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson

Race Calender:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/race-calendar/

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/races/2015.html

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Was kind of hoping Manor would have pulled in Chilton as a driver, guess not. Still, some impressive line-up none the less. Nice to see 20 drivers on the grid this season. Because Alonso won't be racing in Australia, it's a repeat of the 2013/14 season with Kevin Magnussen sitting in with Jenson Button.

Should be an interesting season, i can see Ricciardo being a formidable force this season.

If practice is anything to go by, Mercedes still have a big advantage over the rest of the field. Could be a Mercedes fight for the Drivers championship again, lets hope some other teams have competitive race pace.

I think all the rookies who took part acquitted themselves well in qualifying, Carlos Sainz with a great 8th place for Torro Rosso and 11th for Saubers Felipe Nasr and 12th for Torro Rosso's Max Verstappen. Mclaren have a long season ahead of them on that showing, taking up the final 2 places on the grid more than 5 seconds behind Lewis Hamilton whom controlled qualifying really well. Ferrari have moved ahead of Red Bull challenging the Williams team for best of the rest, it's an ominous gap between the Mercedes and the rest of the field, I don't think Rosberg got a good lap together but still finished second.

I hope the race is closer than Qualifying was at the front.

Oh man, the gap to Mercedes...Good lord.

A few things:

Epic lap from Hamilton! I hope Nico is competitive in the race though as I want to see them really scrap it out this year.

Ferrari and Williams are quite a bit behind but at least it's very close between them. Massa delivered an unbelievable lap at the end and I can't help but think Bottas probably would have had P3 had it not been for his off. Apparently he may miss the race tomorrow due to a back problem..Could Susie Wolff jump in?!

Red Bull are nowhere. I'd hate to be Renault right now.

Mclaren and Honda...Hmm. I will hold judgement until Silverstone as it's going to take them a long time to sort out their software, especially as they are already a year behind the other guys. I think they'll be okay in the long run though.

Well that was as expected a dominant performance from the Mercedes team, 30 seconds up the road from Vettel which is a great result for Ferrari considering they didn't get a podium last year, Massa will be a little disappointed losing out at the pit stops and a great debut for Nasr getting Saubers first points since 2013.

I love it when F1 gets weird because when F1 gets weird F1 gets really weird. Some good battles this race around, not a stunner, hopefully more cars to look at next race. :heh:

Also was not expecting a wild Arnie to appear. I hope they get Sylvester Stallone for the next podium.

Was not expecting Arnie to be there, didn't know he was a fan of F1. Still always nice to see him around, more so conducting the post-race interviews. Here's hoping Manor actually get the cars to start for Malaysia in 2 weeks time, maybe on the grid as well. All them retirements, felt sorry for Lotus losing both drivers in that space of time. Short outing, but hey ho. If what i was hearing is correct, if McLaren can buckle down reliability and get that car to full speed, boy they could challenge Mercedes this year. Same as Ferrari really.

Bit of a meh race, but it does seem that way for the 1st race of the season. Bring on Malaysia in 2 weeks.

Can't see this gap being closed to see a competitive season. Hamilton's idiot face, Ricciardo stuck in a lemon, and no Kobayashi..

Not sure I'll be watching much this year.

It's the same top 3 as last year, Vettel splitting the Mercedes, but what was going on between Lewis and Nico? Not really playing the team game during the final session and that might have been what allowed Vettel to put himself between them.

The rain certainly spiced the final 2 sessions up, unlucky for Raikkonen seeing how well Vettel did to go out in the Q2 rainfest. Recovery drive for him.

Also looks as though Manor won't be allowed to race, nearly 5 seconds off Mclarens abysmal pace and outside the 107% time. It's a shame after the strides they've made in previous seasons that they have lost all that good work after being in administration. Props for getting a car out (albeit a race late) but if they don't find some improvement I don't think they'll last too long.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Well that was a tactical triumph from Ferrari, Vettel went for the two stop and the safety car played right into Vettel's hands, but no doubt the Ferrari had the pace, it could have been an awesome wheel to wheel battle but that never materialized when Vettel pulled that gap out over the Mercedes cars. Is this a one off or are Ferrari title challengers? We'll have to wait and see.

Wow, fantastic race! All the talk of 'equalisation' proved to be completely pointless!

Ferrari won through strategy but could they have done it without Merc getting their strategy wrong? The extremely hot temperatures helped them too...the cooler temperatures at China will be telling.

As for Seb and Ferrari...It was beautiful! Brought back a lot of memories for me as I grew up with Schumacher and Ferrari. Get in Seb!

Nice to finally see Ferrari back at the top, great memories of the Schumacher era. Seb and Ferrari played the strategy well, not a huge fan of Seb's days in Red Bull but he raced well. It's a shame because of safety car, and Mercedes strategy kind of backfired.

Maybe it was a one-off, but we'll see as the season goes on.

Thank goodness we had a good race after the previous round's damp squib. If this is where Ferrari are at this point I can't see why the shouldn't be able to compete in a good chunk of the races coming up.

I'm tempted to start a twitter account for Lewis Hamilton's ridiculous chain. Can't stand that thing,

I'm tempted to start a twitter account for Lewis Hamilton's ridiculous chain. Can't stand that thing,

Do it! That would be brilliant :D

So, the Monaco GP is finished. And......

Mercedes have cost Lewis Hamilton the win.

Yeah, that's the big news.

I cannot understand the logic behind it, he had the race in the bag with how impossible it is to overtake in Monaco and they pit him, the incompetence astounds, No one should begrudge Hamilton being very disappointed with the team.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I cannot understand the logic behind it, he had the race in the bag with how impossible it is to overtake in Monaco and they pit him, the incompetence astounds, No one should begrudge Hamilton being very disappointed with the team.

He didn't even want to cross the line after he came 3rd, stopping at the tunnel. He ended up coming right at the back.

And the Verstappen accident, luckly that wall was there.

Oi. That was dull and then it turned ugly. Gonna have to scrub my brain of that one within the next couple of weeks.

That was beyond delicious :) A spoilt little brat getting his just rewards, I could watch that all day.

Not a Vettel fan, but man I was laughing hard with his little stunt in the post race interviews :)

Yeah Vettel was hilarious on the 'podium'.

Man this thread is so quiet nowadays..Back in the day it used to be so busy, but I guess these hybrid engines have made people less excited? The F1 is on Sky and not BBC doesn't help either.

I felt for Lewis..he absolutely DOMINATED that weekend and he thoroughly deserved the win. Oh and Vestappen...what a huge accident! Thank god he was okay; I was pretty worried when I saw the onboard!

Canada next which is arguably one of the best races of the year. Can't wait!