NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Terry Pratchett has died

Just saw this never quite got into his books but had massive respect for him. Report I read said he passed away with his cat curled up on his bed.

[tweet]576036599047258112[/tweet]

[tweet]576036726046646272[/tweet]

[tweet]576036888190038016[/tweet]

It's very sad. That tweet especially really did it for me. Who knows how many books he might have written.

I think I might start reading some of my favourite DW books again.

Wow. I've only read maybe about 10 of the Discworld books but man, they're really well fucking crafted. A whole universe created with such care and attention, and many of them being kind of standalone in their nature too. Excellent mind, sad to see it hit by something as horrible as Alzheimers in its later years. Out of interest is the cause of death known? Was it planned?

(that Death tweet is awesome)

Never read his novels but always heard of him. Very young age to die at. R.I.P.

He had been fighting Alzheimers for some time :( sad news. I love the Discworld series but his Bromeliad/Nome trilogy is possibly my favourite set of novels by Pratchett. If you haven't read the Nome books then I highly recommend them. I've always wanted to see a big screen version of those stories.

He had been fighting Alzheimers for some time :( sad news. I love the Discworld series but his Bromeliad/Nome trilogy is possibly my favourite set of novels by Pratchett. If you haven't read the Nome books then I highly recommend them. I've always wanted to see a big screen version of those stories.

Those books have some classic lines, like when they get a gun mixed up with a wildebeest:

"No, no, no, what you do is, you get a gnu, then you point it at the driver*

and someone says, 'Look out, he's got a gnu!' and you say, 'Take us where*

we want to go or I'll fire this gnu at you!'"

R.I.P. Terry Pratchett. :(

I always liked the idea of owning the Discworld games on the Sega Saturn, I was always curious to know if they were in any way comparable to the books or at the very least complementary.

Anyway, this is a sad day indeed.

R.I.P. Terry Pratchett. :(

I always liked the idea of owning the Discworld games on the Sega Saturn, I was always curious to know if they were in any way comparable to the books or at the very least complementary.

Anyway, this is a sad day indeed.

My brother had Discworld 2 on PC and it was great. I'm trying to find a version now so I can replay it.

Sad loss, I have virtually every Discworld book.

Always a fan of Death:

"KNOCK KNOCK."

"Who's there?"

"DEATH."

"Death who?"

"ER...I WONDER IF WE MIGHT START AGAIN..."

Sign in to follow this