NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Muse - Drones (8th June)

Drones

11 March 2015

Drones will be released on 8 June 2015!

From Matt: “To me, 'Drones' are metaphorical psychopaths which enable psychopathic behaviour with no recourse. The world is run by Drones utilizing Drones to turn us all into Drones. This album explores the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrination by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors."

The first single from Drones, “Dead Inside,” will debut the week of 23 March. Preorder for the new album will be available tomorrow at 7:30pm GMT, along with the new song “Psycho.”

DRONES

1. Dead Inside

2. [Drill Sergeant]

3. Psycho

4. Mercy

5. Reapers

6. The Handler

7. [JFK]

8. Defector

9. Revolt

10. Aftermath

11. The Globalist

12. Drones

Co-produced by Muse and Robert John “Mutt” Lange

11032858_1543720902561619_1060953147_n.jpg

Personally, I thought their last album was terrible (and this is coming from a massive Muse fan), but I'm stoked for this! They've promised to strip away the electronic and orchestral elements, and go back to basics with this one. Cannot wait to hear Psycho tomorrow! :grin:

Oh, and they're also doing a UK club tour next week...

We are delighted to announce the Psycho UK Tour! Website members presale begins now.

15 March | Belfast, Northern Ireland | Ulster Hall | Get Tickets

16 March | Glasgow, Scotland | Barrowland | Get Tickets

19 March | Newport, Wales | Newport Centre | Get Tickets

20 March | Exeter, England | The Great Hall | Get Tickets

22 March | Manchester, England | Manchester Academy | Get Tickets

23 March | Brighton, England | Brighton Dome | Get Tickets

To access your unique presale code, log in to the Members section of muse.mu. Please note that in order to receive a presale code, you must have registered BEFORE 10 March 2015.

General on sale starts tomorrow (Thursday, 12 March) at 09h30 GMT. For ticket links, please click here.

A limited number of packs with tickets to all six shows will be available: click here. There is a strict two ticket limit per person per show.

To combat touts, all tickets will be paperless. Fans are required to present the credit card & photo ID to book tickets in order to gain entry to the venue.

Wow new album day I go on holiday and a date in Glasgow next week!

I'l be online at half 9 but don't have my hopes up I'll be able to get a ticket.

I liked parts of their last album, but not all.

New one should be good though!

Love it. It's fucking awesome :awesome:

Distortion for vocals is back. :yay:

Meant to reply to this yesterday. Amazing track, this is more like what they should be like! Muse are back!!! :grin:

Looked tabs for Psycho and it's quite easy but immensely fun to play : peace:

Can't wait for the album leak :p (don't worry, I pre-ordered the album)

Matt Bellamy is some twat. All that guff about drones, just release your album do a night at wembley stadium and piss off again for a few years please.

Matt Bellamy is some twat. All that guff about drones, just release your album do a night at wembley stadium and piss off again for a few years please.

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning... :heh:

Nother song off the new album, albeit crappy quality:

Sounds good!

I've held of hearing anything past the first minute, as I don't want to spoil it.

Mind you, I'll be seeing them in Manchester tonight, so I'll probably hear it first-hand myself. I'm a bit more than excited!! :grin:

Dat solo :awesome:

The song does sound amazing :)

After seeing it live, I can confirm that it's amazing! I want this album now.

Also, the new single, Dead Inside, should be airing today: http://www.gigwise.com/news/99113/muse-dead-inside-new-track-to-premiere

But more importantly, the gig I was at last night...

1. Psycho

2. The Groove

3. Bliss (extended)

4. Dead Star

5. Time Is Running Out

6. Interlude + Hysteria

7. Stockholm Syndrome + Micro Cuts outro

8. Hyper Music

9. Starlight

10. Burning Bridges riff + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) riff + Supermassive Black Hole

11. Uprising (extended)

12. Reapers

--------------------------

13. Fury

14. Plug In Baby

15. Man with a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

All I can say is, I'm one happy Muse fan right now. :grin:

I'd love to hear Fury live, I love that song. Plus KoC to end is totes awesome.

Hope they'll have a similar setlist when I see them at a festival in May. But I don't think there's any reason to worry, they always fear that they aren't putting up a "rock"-enough-show for festivals so heavy songs will be played (similar to the gig they played at Rock am Ring in 2010; that was one hell of a gig and I'm so happy I was there) : peace:

Looking forward to Dead Inside. :)

Oh man, May 30th can't come soon enough.

Hope they'll have a similar setlist when I see them at a festival in May. But I don't think there's any reason to worry, they always fear that they aren't putting up a "rock"-enough-show for festivals so heavy songs will be played (similar to the gig they played at Rock am Ring in 2010; that was one hell of a gig and I'm so happy I was there) : peace:

Looking forward to Dead Inside. :)

Oh man, May 30th can't come soon enough.

Awesome, Rock am Ring 2010 looked like it was a great show, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Also, Dead Inside is out (can't post the video because boobs. :P) It's really not what I expected, but it's still brilliant!

Awesome, Rock am Ring 2010 looked like it was a great show!

It was indeed.

Most of the crowd sucked :blank: But I jumped and sang like crazy :laughing: Second row : peace:

Dat Bliss performance. And dat Bliss falsetto.

Also, Dead Inside is out (can't post the video because boobs. :P) It's really not what I expected, but it's still brilliant!

It's kind of a sexy song (and no, I don't say that because of the video :p).

And the lyrics are miles better than Psycho's (even though that song had a legit message, but still...lyrics could've been a bit more imaginative). Dead Inside, though...such a sad song.

I love it.

High hopes for the album. It won't reach the perfection that is Origin of Symmetry but it has potential to be something amazing :)

It was indeed.

Most of the crowd sucked :blank: But I jumped and sang like crazy :laughing: Second row : peace:

Dat Bliss performance. And dat Bliss falsetto.

It's kind of a sexy song (and no, I don't say that because of the video :p).

And the lyrics are miles better than Psycho's (even though that song had a legit message, but still...lyrics could've been a bit more imaginative). Dead Inside, though...such a sad song.

I love it.

High hopes for the album. It won't reach the perfection that is Origin of Symmetry but it has potential to be something amazing :)

Thanks for sharing the video! :) Bliss was pretty amazing at the gig too tbh, plus the entire room was going mental! Mind you, it was a room full of hardcore Muse fans, so that's to be expected really.

Dead Inside keeps getting better with every listen, plus it actually transitions well, in terms of the narrative. If you listen to them back-to-back, it works really well. Matt Bellamy also said the lyrics are still somewhat personal, but slightly altered from it's original form to suit the concept of the album. In which case, the poor guy needs a hug. So sad. :(

Also, the band did radio interviews after airing the single, some little bits of info to take away:

• Dead Inside is about losing love, takes the album into a dark place
  • After Psycho the album keeps getting progressively darker
  • Mercy and The Handler in particular are really dark
  • Defector and Revolt are when the protagonist starts to fight back, regains self control
  • Aftermath is the end of the brainwashing story, about finding love again
  • The Globalist is the Citizen Erased sequel, a "10 minute prog nightmare," about the rise and fall of a dictator, end of world, WW3
  • Dead Inside and Psycho are the two extremes of the album, melodic and heavy
  • The album leans more towards heavy side
  • This is their return to being a three-piece band

Chris also claims the Psycho tour has the band talking about doing more intimate gigs, says there is "something missing" in playing big arenas etc.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm so hyped after hearing all that!!! :yay:

Edited by CoolFunkMan

April fools

Man, even reversed the Knights of Cydonia Riff is fucking amazing :D

Oh my God...it's incredible.

Apparently Mercy will be the next single and it's supposed to be shown tomorrow.

Edit:Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link so I'll just leave some information here...Mercy appeared on the Muse reddit.

It's fucking awesome.

What we've heard so far:

Dead Inside - could've also been on The Resistance/The 2nd Law

Psycho - has a bit of Absolution in it

Reapers - this is so far the "Dronesiest" track

Mercy - reeks of Black Holes and Revelations

Love it. Drones appears to be compiling the best of Muse in one album.

The Handler is supposed to be similar to the Showbiz tracks and The Globalist is a sequel to Citizen Erased - possibly the greatest song on Origin of Symmetry.

Can't wait to hear the album in its full glory.

Edited by drahkon

Reapers is going to be massive, it's easily some of Bellamy's best guitar work.

Just listened to the leak of Mercy too, and I absolutely love it! Sure, it's really poppy, but it has a definite Black Holes & Revelations vibe to it. 8th June needs to hurry up!

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

It's only a one hour setlist but if they play those tracks next Saturday I will go fucking crazy.

I can see them going for a longer show, though, as the gigs on Friday (in Munich) and Saturday (in Gelsenkirchen - Veltins Arena) are the beginning of their festival tour. : peace:

Cannot fucking wait. :awesome:

Edit: I have feeling Matt wasn't kidding before Dead Inside :( Especially with Bliss afterwards...

Edited by drahkon

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

It's only a one hour setlist but if they play those tracks next Saturday I will go fucking crazy.

I can see them going for a longer show, though, as the gigs on Friday (in Munich) and Saturday (in Gelsenkirchen - Veltins Arena) are the beginning of their festival tour. : peace:

Cannot fucking wait. :awesome:

Edit: I have feeling Matt wasn't kidding before Dead Inside :( Especially with Bliss afterwards...

Dem tech issues, dat shit crowd tho. :( The other gigs will definitely be better, they were on form in Manchester, and I'm sure the other festivals won't be so shitty with their tech. Plus they're sure to play longer, as most normal headline slots at a festival are around 90 minutes, so it should be a decent length. But yeah, not long till Drones now. :yay:

By the way, I highly recommend reading their interview with Q Magazine, it's a brilliant article!

CFn3EALUsAAl59Q.jpg

CFn3D_HUIAAilxW.jpg

CFn3D_wVAAA9u6i.jpg

CFn3EBKVIAEbvJw.jpg

CFn3KhIUsAEMaZU.jpg

CFn3Kj-VEAAlmiu.jpg

CFn3KrrVEAE_AL_.jpg

CFn3KrrUMAABz2B.jpg

I saw that video yesterday, and the song is fucking incredible! I've loved all the tracks released so far, it's definitely the best material that Muse have released for years. I've got to admit, the studio version of that track is actually better than the live version, although everything comes across clearer in the studio version.

It's all coming together. Can it be 8th June now, please?

Sign in to follow this