NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Tembo the Badass Elephant (July 21st)

B_1BCg4XAAAeixI.png:largeB_1BpZ-VEAAYvPR.png:largeB_1Bo9uUcAAUCN4.png:large

Due out on PS4/Xbox One and Steam.

Developed by Game Freak. Published by Sega.

Edited by Serebii

Like the look of this. Has the visual style I'd imagine an HD Wario Shake Dimension to have too!

It's the game I didn't know I wanted until it was announced, looks potentially awesome. :D

Inbefore'NoWiiUversion?!? ;)

It's the game I didn't know I wanted until it was announced, looks potentially awesome. :D

Inbefore'NoWiiUversion?!? ;)

Their explanation as to why is hilariously ridiculous

Why is your new game not coming out for Wii U?

When I was writing the presentation documents for this game, I drew a

mockup poster, and I put the Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox logos at

the bottom. It seemed to fit, and it happened to stick that way. We thought about other hardware during development, but our hands were pretty full with those three platforms!

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/299864/From+HarmoKnight+to+Tembo%3A+Game+Freak+Speaks/

So in other words, expanded Wii U version in a few months with some exclusive dlc featuring Ellie the Elephant from DKC with a free update for existing versions at the same time featuring other platform exclusive characters. ;)

It will be almost the opposite of how Shovel Knight played out. :heh:

Either way I'm looking forward to it, on any platform. : peace:

It will be almost the opposite of how Shovel Knight played out. :heh:

Wait, how did Shovel Knight play out?

Looks fun. Makes me wish there was a new Elefunk game, a criminally overlooked gem.

Wait, how did Shovel Knight play out?

Wii U, 3DS, PC versions first.

A few months later, Xbox One/360 and PS4/3 versions announced with exclusive characters, Wii U version gets Plague Knight dlc at the same time but then so do the other platforms, though I'm sure there was some promised Wii U exclusive multiplayer mode? Though I'm willing to bet that will extend to the new versions as well now.

Wii U, 3DS, PC versions first.

A few months later, Xbox One and PS4 versions announced with exclusive characters, Wii U version gets Plague Knight dlc at the same time but then so do the other platforms, though I'm sure there was some promised Wii U exclusive multiplayer mode? Though I'm willing to bet that will extend to the new versions as well now.

Ah right thats what I was wondering as I know the PC version came out quite a while before the Wii U and 3DS ones.

....speaking of which, I really should get back to that on Steam.

There's a fine line between lame and actively infuriating, and I don't know what side the title of the game sits on. Just seems like a forceful attempt to be quirky. Hasn't "badass" made the list of adjectives that reached the tipping point five years ago and is now only used by middle aged businessmen in khakis to describe the putt they just made at the par five?

Game itself looks fun though. Just call it Tembo.

Pokémon developer Game Freak's upcoming platformer Tembo the Badass Elephant is heading to PS4, Xbox One and PC on 21st July, publisher Sega has announced.

It will go for £9.99 / €12.99 / $14.99, though a 10 per cent discount will be available for pre-orders on Steam, or for PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold members who purchase it shortly after launch.

Source - Eurogamer

Had a quick go on the demo this morning. It seems pretty good, major HarmoKnight vibes from the presentation. :awesome:

PS+ price is £8.99, quite tempted to get this right away. :hehe:

I'm usually not one to "dismiss" a game if it doesn't have a Platinum, but it surely disappoints me that Tembo the Badass Elephant doesn't come with one...

I will get the game eventually but I'll hold off on purchasing until I know how lengthy/meaty it is.

A Platinum with a lot of other trophies that make you play the game in different ways always enhance the experience for me. And Tembo appears to be a pretty straightforward game which doesn't have a lot of replay value on its own.

I'm usually not one to "dismiss" a game if it doesn't have a Platinum, but it surely disappoints me that Tembo the Badass Elephant doesn't come with one...

I will get the game eventually but I'll hold off on purchasing until I know how lengthy/meaty it is.

A Platinum with a lot of other trophies that make you play the game in different ways always enhance the experience for me. And Tembo appears to be a pretty straightforward game which doesn't have a lot of replay value on its own.

What's the deal with trophies, is it purely up to developers whether a game has a platinum, or do Sony decide? :blank:

I was always surprised (and slightly annoyed :hehe:) that Tokyo Jungle didn't have one. Surviving for 100 years in that game is tough! :o

I think it's a bit weird Ground Zeroes doesn't have a Platinum. Some of those trophies are HARD.

What's the deal with trophies, is it purely up to developers whether a game has a platinum, or do Sony decide? :blank:

No idea, to be honest. I read something about that years ago but can't remember where and what it said :blank:

I wonder if the people who made Drill Dozer are also behind this game. That game was pretty awesome.

Sign in to follow this