NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Firewatch

The game looks nice but those hands and fingernails...it's a bit jarring. They don't do anything but stand out.

Really? To me it looks a fair amount like Team Fortress.

I've been wanting this game on PS4 so much. For me it ranked up there with The Last Guardian announcement. Really didn't want to miss out on this.

That looks great (barring the last few seconds); never heard of it before! Stunning art style.

Release date

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/12/firewatch-release-date-revealed?%20hub%20page%20(front%20page)&utm_content=14

Campo Santo's debut game Firewatch will release on PS4, PC, and Linux on February 9.

"We're aiming for a world-wide release (as world-wide as our small studio can pull off) and will have more information in the lead-up to the date," said Campo Santo's Sean Vanaman, "and, if you're in San Francisco, another opportunity for you to get your hands on the game (running on PS4 hardware!)."

Still not sure what to make of this. I think I'm looking forward to it. This'll probably be one that will depend on what the reviews say.

Reviews are starting to come out and it seems the PS4 version has some performance issues, with many saying it stutters a lot of the time. Maybe best to either wait for a patch or get the PC version.

Sad to hear about the performance issues, will definitely wait for a patch or just get it on PC. Reviews are great though, the one common negative is the ending is a bit meh, which is a shame in such a narrative driven game. Still, looks absolutely gorgeous and that's reason enough to play

Is this not a full price game? If it isn't, I was probably just going to wait to see if there would be a Plus version.

Is this not a full price game? If it isn't, I was probably just going to wait to see if there would be a Plus version.

Dont know how much it is on PS4 but I paid £13.49 on Steam.

If anyone picks this up on ps4 do post performance thoughts on here. I'll be picking it up as soon as I know it's playable.

Looks great (praise thee Olly Moss) and the voice acting that I've heard in the clips so far sounds real good too. The dynamic kind of reminds me of Run, Zombies - the great android / ios fitness game..

I saw footage of the guys on Playstation Access playing it and it seemed fine? But then again they may have a demo version?

I'll be downloading it regardless so will report my findings!

Played through the first day and enjoyed it. There seemed to be a hitch with the first batch of dialogue, so that had my eyebrows raised early on, but since then the game has been smooth and fun. Pacing has been perfect.

A welcome palate cleanser after the disappointment of Fallout 4.

Finished it.

Very understated but in a good way. Owes a great deal to Gone Home, what with the books/item inspection and the continual misdirection through foreboding tonal shifts, but I actually much preferred Firewatch. Better standard of writing (although it did occasionally suffer from implausible character reactions), the radio mechanic worked neatly and kept the exploration engaging, and the atmosphere sticks with you after you've finished the game - you do feel like you've been on an adventure.

Story details pertaining to Brian and his Dad could've been knitted in a bit more effectively, and maybe it could be accused of being too underwritten. With that said, the relationship between the player and Diane worked like a charm. Just the right amount of closure was given at the end.

Worth playing for the vibes.

Finished it just now as well. It's nowhere bad, but it was disappointing. It looks nice, with all its two colours of yellow and red, but that's about it. The exploration and story was underwhelming.

As for performance issues, it stuttered frequently, although that stuff rarely bothers me anyway. But if you're really touchy about it though...

Played through the first day and a bit - enjoying it, the dynamic between the two and the great art scattered around. Think I'll try and pace myself a little, must be quite short if you guys have both finished it up.

Took me about 4 hours to complete but I didn't do all that much exploring. I didn't think it was the best gaming experience ever but still enjoyable. Really enjoyed the relationship between the two characters though.

On day 44 on PS4. Slowdown/framerate is awful at times. I like my games polished to a shine. Looking forward to updates. Really enjoying the story so far though. The banter is superb and I like how you can play it straight/funny etc. Wildlife would have been nice to flesh the game/environment out (IE: submit pictures of animals/flora fauna to a database) but characters rule here. A beautiful game and one I don't want to end!

I snapped a raccoon and a butterfly on my travels. (agree with you though)

Sign in to follow this