NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

[Unconfirmed] Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power Announced for a 2015 Release

PC confirmed and consoles TBA

Trine 2: Director's Cut was a launch day eShop release on the Wii U in November 2012, and remains as one of the highest-selling downloads on the store. Frozenbyte's beautiful platformer certainly made an impact, and Nintendo fans are still awaiting the remake of the original - Trine Enchanted Edition - which is apparently still in the works.

The developer has now announced Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power for a 2015 release, with PC confirmed and consoles TBA. As for the Wii U's odds of being included, on the one hand we're optimistic due to Trine 2 seemingly being rather popular on Nintendo's system, but on the flipside a little nervous as a result of the continued delays to the original's remastered release.

We'll find out later in the year, but this certainly looks like a promising new entry, with shifts in perspective and camera angle away from the 2D-exclusive focus of its predecessors. These dynamic shifts could certainly add a lot to the gameplay.

You can check out the first trailer below - let us know what you think and whether you're hopeful that this'll come to Wii U.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/trine_3_the_artifacts_of_power_announced_for_a_2015_release

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power Announcement Trailer

Though it has yet to be announced for Wii U, I'd be quite hopeful because Trine 2 has performed well on the console, we're meant to be getting the original and Frozenbyte have a good relationship with Nintendo. The video looks really beautiful.

Edited by Wii

Thanks but I don't care about other consoles.

It's the same game silly. Given it has not been confirmed for Wii U it seems daft to have a separate topic for it on the Nintendo boards.

It's the same game silly. Given it has not been confirmed for Wii U it seems daft to have a separate topic for it on the Nintendo boards.

So what? I don't go into that forum and it's not been confirmed for any specific console yet so it's as daft there as it is here. This will most likely come to Wii U and there's many a thread on this site with separate platform specific game threads.

So what? I don't go into that forum and it's not been confirmed for any specific console yet so it's as daft there as it is here. This will most likely come to Wii U and there's many a thread on this site with separate platform specific game threads.

Other Consoles includes PC so not daft at all

Come on don't be daft, you can't just create topics to suit yourself just because you daren't go into certain forums.

Come on don't be daft, you can't just create topics to suit yourself just because you daren't go into certain forums.

What about Project Cars, Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends, Call Of Duty: Black Ops II, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut, Batman: Arkham Origins and on and on and on?

Come on guys, Wii doesn't care about other consoles, therefore the message board (and indeed, the gaming industry in general) should align itself to suit his wishes, and his alone.

What about Project Cars, Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends, Call Of Duty: Black Ops II, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut, Batman: Arkham Origins and on and on and on?

Well to be fair, they were all actually confirmed for the Wii U...

They all released/were confirmed for a Nintendo console...

This, on the other hand, is not confirmed for Wii U. In fact, this topic can easily be quite misleading. Without even going into the topic people could automatically assume this game is coming to a Nintendo console when it by no means is.

They all released on the Wii U...

This, on the other hand, is not confirmed for Wii U. In fact, this topic can easily be quite misleading. Without even going into the topic people could automatically assume this game is coming to a Nintendo console when it by no means is.

I assumed it was coming to Wii U when I first saw this thread.

I assumed it was coming to Wii U when I first saw this thread.

Same here, very misleading.

What do you think eyes are for? The power of reading people. If you want to be negative, go do it somewhere else. Here's some images from Frozenbyte's website.

Shipwreck.jpg

Kippo_final.jpg

Zoya_jungle.jpg

Pontius_sunset.jpg

Pontius_and_Zoya_combat.jpg

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I resent the implication that I don't read posts.

I saw the thread, thought "Oh, they're making another one for WiiU, that's cool."

Then I read your opening post, and realised that wasn't exactly the case.

For that brief moment, I was misled.

I resent the implication that I don't read posts.

I saw the thread, thought "Oh, they're making another one for WiiU, that's cool."

Then I read your opening post, and realised that wasn't exactly the case.

For that brief moment, I was misled.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about you. I was busy posting when you made that comment. I changed the title now? : peace:

Ah crap! It only changed the title within the thread.

@\-Dem0\- @Ike @Retro_Link Can you please add a question mark to the title please?

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

They should probably add "unconfirmed" to the title, it'll be less confusing.

Looks great though I must say. If it gets a PS4 release that's where I'll buy it.

For those doubting whether this will be released on the Wii U, read these:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/frozenbyte-trine-2-wii-u-sales-are-going-well-wii-u-will-be-our-best-system-and-more.452806262/

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/09/frozenbyte-the-wii-u-is-a-truly-powerful-console/

Frozenbyte have said numerous times how happy they are with Nintendo, the Wii U, the eShop and its sales. Trine 2 sold better on the Wii U than on PSN/XBLA.

From January of this year.

http://www.madeforgaming.com/frozenbytes-kai-tuovinen-gives-us-sneak-peek-world-indie-developer/

Edited by Wii

@Wii it's not about doubting or having faith, it's about not making topics as if it's coming to a particular console (it still appears to be from looking at the list of topics) when it hasn't actually been confirmed yet.

Wow, people are being pretty harsh on Wii for daring to - shock, horror - get some discussion going about a game. It'd be different if it outright wasn't coming to Wii U, but it presumably is (right?) and being realistic, many Wii U owners won't read the Other Consoles board. ::shrug:

It's not harsh at all. Looking at the title, I too thought this had been announced for the WiiU. If the title was amended or a different one chosen to begin with, then it wouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, would be nice for the WiiU to get a game.

I'll leave both threads as multi platform games have had separate threads in the past. If it gets confirmed to not be coming to the Wii U then this thread will either get locked or forgotten about.

Surely a polite request of changing the title would've been the best way to have gone about it rather than ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. Can this place please not be like the rest of the Internet...?

Trine 3: The Artifact of Power Exclusive Gameplay Video

It looks really beautiful.

Was watching Giant Bomb play this last night. Really not sure on the switch to 3D from 2D at all.

Sign in to follow this