NEurope
Kav

Playtonic Games (ex Rare employees)

yookalayleeduojpg-9d255d.jpg

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Looks like they jumped straight out of the 90's!

Also, plus a million points for chameleons!

Damn my ridiculous bias towards chameleons!

Might have to help fund my first Kickstarter ever.

I'm loath to put more money into a Kickstarter especially because none of the gaming projects I've backed have been released but I've wanted a 3D platformer with modern sensibilities for a long time.

I would agree at that I'm not really hyped from that video, in a way I'm hoping that area we see is a test area because floating island levels feel so generic, where as Banjo Kanzooie felt like a world, so I hope that happens. Also te footage we've seen is sub earlier footage, hopefully additional textures will help a great deal as the sort of shiny, unreal engine look, doesn't do it for me.

However, the team they have behind this is incredible so I have a lot of faith in them. Also the music is fantastic! and I just learned they have David Wise doing it! It sounds exactly like the music you'd want from Banjo Kazooie, plus his experience on DK.

The Kickstarter is live!

Plus Eurogamer have a bunch of tidbits here;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-01-playtonic-launches-250k-yooka-laylee-kickstarter-campaign

Playtonic, the new developer founded by former Rare veterans, has launched its Kickstarter campaign for Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor Yooka-Laylee.

The project has a crowd-funding goal of £250k, and a projected release window of autumn 2016.

The game's two stars have already been revealed. Yooka is a lovable-looking chameleon who can use his tongue to grapple across long distances and scoop up items to give himself different properties. Meanwhile, Laylee is a maniacal bat who hangs off Yooka's ears and carries him around levels. He can also use a sonar attack.

Yooka-Laylee includes five worlds, expandable levels and hundreds of collectibles. But its team of ex-Rare developers have grander ambitions. If Yooka-Laylee hits its stretch goals, it will launch simultaneously on all of its platforms: PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, Wii U and Xbox One. Split-screen multiplayer will also be included.

And beyond that? Playtonic is interested in all manner of things, including potential Amiibo support on Wii U and character crossovers on other platforms.

It's going to reach £175,000 in less than a minute. It's bombing along. Very tempted to back it myself.

It doesn't even need my support, does it? It's going to smash the million mark.

Still gonna fund 15 quid for that digital WiiU edition though.

Damn! This has gotten me so excited! I would also throw money at a possible Yooka Amiibo as well.

I went for the T-shirt version. I wish I could go for the 64 bit version, but it's a bit much.

Edit: someone has already gone for the £3375 one.

Edited by Cube

£435,000 = "A mix of 2.5D and 3D Mine cart sections & not even limited to just mines either!"

Edited by Retro_Link

Full stretch goals

• £175k: PC, MAC & Linux release day one (FUNDED)
  • £275k: A unique epic boss battle on every level (FUNDED)
  • £330k: A pre-final boss Quiz Show challenge level
  • £395k: Transformations into 'unexpected things' with unique controls and abilities
  • £435k: A mix of 2.5D and 3D mine cart sections (done by devs from Donkey Kong Country)
  • £535k: A local co-op "buddy" mode
  • £665k: A 2-4 player local multiplayer versus mode w/ 4 games
  • £715k: Professional French, German, Spanish, and Italian translations
  • £775k: Exclusive character designs from ex-Rare guest artists
  • £875k: 4 more multiplayer games
  • £1M: Simultaneous Wii U, Xbone & PS4 releases on day one

I really hope this hits all the goals. Some interesting stuff in there.

It's already reached the boss battles.

Seems they're scrambling to think up other stretch goals now haha

The goals are basically 'how close to Banjo Kazooie do you want us to make this' :D

The next ones they add will be for Jumbo Mumbo and Jojin's :p

Luub.png

This warms the cockles of my blackened heart :D

You tell 'em Grant! YOU BLOODY TELL EM! : peace:

This will be my first ever Kickstarter that I'm backing :yay:

Well Kicktraq currently has it tracked like this;

2746822-traq.jpg

It's obviously going to slowdown but we can only dream....think of all the other spiritual successors they could also work on with $24million!!!! (how amazing would it be they announce it's also going to be bundled with a spiritual successor to Viva Pinata)

Edited by flameboy

$24million isn't much to Microsoft and they have Rare with all those IPs. Can't believe how badly they've wasted Rare over the last decade. Maybe this will be a wake up call for them.

$24million isn't much to Microsoft and they have Rare with all those IPs. Can't believe how badly they've wasted Rare over the last decade. Maybe this will be a wake up call for them.

They clearly have no interest at all in that side of things....everyone hoping E3 will show us otherwise but you start to wonder if it will ever happen.