NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Rock Paper Shotgun really did a number on Peter Molyneux

Fantastic interview. Too many people say that they went a little too hard on him, but nah, he did himself no favours with the treatment of Godus. Of course there's always the point of "Why did any one give this fucker any money despite his track record?", but Molyneux has made some fantastic games and I could see why people might have had some faith now that he was working free of a publisher.

Another funny little thing is that he seems to have conducted another talk with Kotaku afterwards, consider that one last nail in the "I'm not talking to the press any more" coffin. Pathological liar indeed.

It was brutal, Ken Levine compared it to an Auto-da-fe, which is really not far off. He really does deserve an intervention and the mass adoption of a heavily sceptical attitude to his way of making games, but there were a lot of moments in the interview that were crossing the line from tough into unnecessarily harsh. I mean, essentially they're raking a guy over the coals and reducing him to tears over a videogame. It was a roasting rather than a confrontation.

Sign in to follow this