NEurope
Dog-amoto

Better Call Saul

Did anyone watch Better Call Saul then?

Promising start, expected to see Mike, but didn't expect to see Tuco until I saw the old Latina lady get out of the car. Are the skateboarders going to become the new Badger and Skinny Pete?

Not much more to say about it right now, but I really enjoyed watching a balding Saul working at the Cinnabon and watching his adverts at the beginning, wonder if that will lead anywhere?

Promising start, expected to see Mike, but didn't expect to see Tuco until I saw the old Latina lady get out of the car. Are the skateboarders going to become the new Badger and Skinny Pete?

Not much more to say about it right now, but I really enjoyed watching a balding Saul working at the Cinnabon and watching his adverts at the beginning, wonder if that will lead anywhere?

Yup, seen it . Was a good start : peace:

Same here. Mike was a sure thing, but Tuco wasn't, until - as you said - that old Latina lady showed up :D

I reckon that could be Saul in his new ID after the events of Breaking Bad.

Was expecting to see Mike as well, but Tuco was unexpected. Not much more to say either, it was a good watch. Got the next episode lined up to watch over the weekend, so will give thoughts on that as well.

I reckon that could be Saul in his new ID after the events of Breaking Bad.

Of course it is :D He even mentioned that's where he was going...

Seen the first two episodes. Pretty good. I remember the two drug lords but not how and when they appeared in BB.

Edited by Tales

I enjoyed the first two episodes and will be watching every Tuesday, I loved Saul in BB so I'm looking forward to seeing his character being developed.

I really loved the first two episodes and thought the pacing to both were fantastic. I really liked Saul as a character in Breaking Bad anyway but already in this series, his character just seems so rich. So much potential in this show, and it has that factor that proves any spin-off is good - It could easily live without the Breaking Bad series. I just wish we had the whole series :p I started watching BB when they were airing season 3 so I got to binge watch most of it and I really want to do the same with this!

So, just watched this episode. It's very well done, with Jimmy having to get one of Tuco's men off a kidnapping charge to save his own skin. Turns out, the family kidnapped themselves to hide a few million dollars. Got to see more of Mike than the usual miserable car park attendant of the first 2 episodes, giving an insight to the kidnapping and pointing Jimmy in the right direction.

Already looking forward to Tuesday

So, just watched this episode. It's very well done, with Jimmy having to get one of Tuco's men off a kidnapping charge to save his own skin. Turns out, the family kidnapped themselves to hide a few million dollars. Got to see more of Mike than the usual miserable car park attendant of the first 2 episodes, giving an insight to the kidnapping and pointing Jimmy in the right direction.

Already looking forward to Tuesday

I loved the interaction between Jimmy and Mike, when Jimmy started prodding him, you just knew what what going to happen, but that's what made it great - knowing Mike's character from BB.

I'm actually really enjoying this so far - I'm still in the "it didn't really need making and they're only doing it for the money" camp, but so far I'm happy with what I've seen.

yeah so far this has been magnificent. Its been a long time since I've had a show where I can't wait for the next episode.

I loved the interaction between Jimmy and Mike, when Jimmy started prodding him, you just knew what what going to happen, but that's what made it great - knowing Mike's character from BB.

I'm actually really enjoying this so far - I'm still in the "it didn't really need making and they're only doing it for the money" camp, but so far I'm happy with what I've seen.

It started showing potential first signs of the partnership between Jimmy and Mike, around the whole "self" kidnapping plot.

I've left the "it's being made for the money". The story so far is interesting and makes me want to keep coming back.

Man, I knew/thought/hoped this show would be good, but it's getting better and better. Clever, funny, dramatic and well written, often beautifully shot. Just like BB really.

Yeah it was easy to be cynical and think "they're just cashing in on this name", but also easy to forget that this is the same people that gave us Breaking Bad. Really enjoying it so far.

Anyone stick with this then? I was a bit disappointed with the finale, I didn't even realise it was the last episode until I looked to find out when the next one would air.

The show has been great overall, with some real brilliant moments, but I also found it dragged its feet on more than one occasion.

Yep, stuck with it. Overall it was not too bad, like you said it had it's moments where it was great. I'd say 3/4 of the final episode was good, but parts felt unneccessary. It wasn't the best season finale i've seen either.

I thought it was pretty brilliant, to be honest. If anything dragged it was the first episode.

I loved it, it didn't end the way I thought it might but I still liked how it did and am looking forward to seeing where it goes from here (I've heard a second season is coming..?).

The "Mike" episode made me feel all the more upset that Walt killed him in Breaking Bad.

Edited by Kav

I enjoyed this series, but it never fully grabbed me - I was never desperate to see the next episode. I appreciate it's taking its time with Jimmy's story, and I like the characters they've created to fill out his world rather than just milking Breaking Bad. Despite this, it never felt like enough happened. There were some brilliant moments, but it is yet to reach the heights of of its predecessor. I hope it gets going a bit more in the next season.

One thing I definitely think with this first season is it's been very low key. Since Jimmy's first brush off with "that guy" from Season 1 of Breaking Bad it's been much more a story of trying to go straight and then being pushed the other way. I enjoyed the way the season ended and it's definitely shown us a sign of things to come....I hope we see more of the first episodes cold open in the second season as well....

I've just finished watching this. I did enjoy it. But, like @Shorty, we didn't realise it was the final episode until we saw that there were no more left to view. Booooo.

Did laugh in quite a lot of places, just wish that there was more of this. It's easier viewing than Breaking Bad, although I'm wondering if it is a bit too tame.

Has anyone here been watching series 2? The third episode went up on Netflix this morning.

Yeah I've watched eps 1 and 2, still good stuff, but quite slow going.

Had some thoughts on the recent episode but I couldn't get the spoiler tags to work on my phone earlier:

I couldn't help feeling Saul was really stupid by not asking his boss's permission to air that commercial. His boss was already open to the idea, all he had to do was show it to him to get clearance to air it. Worst case scenario, his boss says "No" and Saul has to find some other way to get the attention of the people in eldercare.

I understand that he assumed it wouldn't get permission so easily after seeing the original Davis & Main ad from a few years ago and hearing that they had "several meetings" over the swirly pattern in the background (lol) but it was still a stupid thing to do.

Instead he airs the commercial anyway, knowing that anything that causes trouble within the company might spoil the case and falls back on Kim. Also most likely will cost him his job.