NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Official Thread: A Brotherhood Reunited

I'll be looking to forge the Seltas Z armour as a standard set for my Charge Blades, it's got a nice list of skills for a C.Blade and decent enough slots... not overly keen on the look though.

Given that you can change the armours colour on this I might be tempted to look at mixing armour... shock horror, how will my OCD cope?!

Tonight I'll be looking to do my urgent so I can go to G2 Rank!

Edited by Kav

Tonight I'll be looking to do my urgent so I can go to G2 Rank!

You've pretty much caught up to Blade now. :D

Was listening to NVC earlier and some guys from Capcom were saying that the first DLC will arrive this Friday. Also, unlike the other games where new quests hit every week, this time they are doing a big DLC dump on the first Friday of every month, rather than the weekly thing. It's all free, of course. :yay:

Should I consider picking this up for a regular old original 3DS? If it's still going for £27 at Base I'm quite tempted, but I'm worried of fizzling/losing interest as I did with MH3WiiU, though being handheld I can see me giving it a bit more input. What's the online component like?

Edited by Rummy

Should I consider picking this up for a regular old original 3DS? If it's still going for £27 at Base I'm quite tempted, but I'm worried of fizzling/losing interest as I did with MH3U, though being handheld I can see me giving it a bit more input. What's the online component like?

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/basecom/product/2852125/

Use code "MARGIFT5" to get it for £24.16.

Should I consider picking this up for a regular old original 3DS? If it's still going for £27 at Base I'm quite tempted, but I'm worried of fizzling/losing interest as I did with MH3U, though being handheld I can see me giving it a bit more input. What's the online component like?

Online is definitely easier to navigate than MH3U, which I thought was an utter mess.

The community of randoms is god-awful though. Full of people who clearly don't get the type of game style you need to perform well here.

They also tend to have no manners, believing everyone is happy to help them out all the time.

But sooner or later, the majority of these people will get bored and all that will be left are the proper players.

...I hope...

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/basecom/product/2852125/

Use code "MARGIFT5" to get it for £24.16.

Damit Shiekah, you're almost as bad as Steam!

Online is definitely easier to navigate than MH3U, which I thought was an utter mess.

The community of randoms is god-awful though. Full of people who clearly don't get the type of game style you need to perform well here.

They also tend to have no manners, believing everyone is happy to help them out all the time.

But sooner or later, the majority of these people will get bored and all that will be left are the proper players.

...I hope...

Ah, well when I said MH3U I meant the WiiU version as I didn't have the 3DS version because Nintendo are fucking idiots*. What's the online features communications wise on this? With friends and with randoms?

Can't find my original post. Basically I thought I'd bought MH3DSU for £18 on a special offer, but I didn't have enough space on the SD card to download it so I bought a new SD card - when it arrived I came to realise that IF you don't have space on the SD card at point of download, you do NOT purchase the game(even if you topped up your credit, as I did, to meet the price). There was, at the time, absolutely not information or warning of this.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

...What's the online features communications wise on this? With friends and with randoms?

Pretty poor. Pre-set messages during hunts, keyboard in the lobbies.

I'm G2 Rank now but I'm not looking at progressing too soon. I will be looking to hunt some Shrouded Nerscylla, Tigerstripe Zamtrois, and a couple High level monsters, S.Zinogre and Daora for weapon upgrades first.

Although I do need to unlock the Desert Seltas Queen hunt... I want the armour!

Edited by Kav

Pretty poor. Pre-set messages during hunts, keyboard in the lobbies.

Pre-set messages that you can freely edit with anything you like.

Worth pointing that out.

Pre-set messages that you can freely edit with anything you like.

Worth pointing that out.

While they are good for a laugh, in practice it's pretty pants. You can't alter your messages on the fly. If a situation arises during a quest, and you don't have a pre-set message that applies, you are pretty much screwed.

Me, lostmario and my nephew took on the dual Jho quest last night. You have to do it with no armour or talismans, face both at the same time and fight them in the area! Took them on and won. Who's next? :D

Very productive night on this. I got all the items I needed to upgrade my weapons as far as I can at this point, now I need to unlock more G Rank monsters.

Now to make a proper start on the G2 Rank Quests.

Ive not been playing much of this recently. Girlfriend, mates and football got in the way!!

Ive not been playing much of this recently. Girlfriend, mates and football got in the way!!

Not good enough, Monsters wait for no man! they need slaying

What rank hunts are good to start online? i've got the full Tetsubakabra gear on, and i'm currently enjoying a great sword...490 damage if i remember correctly and water damage too, upgraded from the rugged great sword

I do have some 400 dmg long swords, that i find quite good, and a bone bludgeon hammer (but its too slow i find, but was good for breaking monsters)

on single player i've done most of the rank 3 hunts, and i'm at the mountain area

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Not good enough, Monsters wait for no man! they need slaying

What rank hunts are good to start online? i've got the full Tetsubakabra gear on, and i'm currently enjoying a great sword...490 damage if i remember correctly and water damage too, upgraded from the rugged great sword

I do have some 400 dmg long swords, that i find quite good, and a bone bludgeon hammer (but its too slow i find, but was good for breaking monsters)

on single player i've done most of the rank 3 hunts, and i'm at the mountain area

You'll start from the lowest rank and unlock the ranks as you complete "key" hunts and then your urgent hunts. You can't just jump in and pick from low, high or G rank.

Finally got Blade up to G3 last night. : peace: Still baffles me how he's skint though. :wtf:

I've been working my way through various quests and have cleared 1-4 and G1, with only a couple left for G2 to finish off now.

In terms of equipment, I haven't really needed to upgrade since getting the Chameleos GS and armour set. Both weapon and armour are absolute beasts and have served me well during the end game quests. This has allowed me to get a large amount of cash together as I ain't spending it on various other weapons. High raw damage and insane poison damage takes care of everything. :D

@kav82 why did you leave us in the middle of the quest?

That powderstone mission was funny as hell. We couldn't stop laughing when we were getting chased by Rathlos, especially as we were all on Mega Dash Juice. Poor lostmario nearly died towards the end but luckily Blade had a lifepowder to keep him going.

So many laughing fits again last night. At one point lostmario completely went over the edge and was crying down the headset after laughing too much. Blade with his newspaper, cutting out MH coupons. :laughing:

Dis game, man!

After having a shower and watching Brooklyn Nine Nine I jumped back on for a few more quests. I just went around various towns helping randoms with their 7 star urgents, to which they were very grateful. I helped 3 of them get their urgents finished and their HR leveled up.

After that I decided to fight a Kushala in the fort area. The randoms I had with me were awful. Two died very early on and there was only me with lifepowder. I saved their butts a few times but when I came close to death I had to try and dodge until I found an opening to use a potion. Idiots. We still managed to do the quest though. No thanks to two of them, who just essentially stood on the outside of battle and only attacked when I brought Kushala crashing to the floor.

After the battle I noticed my bronze crown had now turned to silver! Just one more upgrade to go.

Yesterday I reached 9 star offline and got my first Wystone. I can now knock enemies out of frenzy mode and take on the harder G Rank Apex monsters.

@Blade you on tonight? If so we could probably rattle through your remaining G3 stuff and get you to the final level. Not looking forward to fighting Gog again though. :(

It's not quite as funny when you're not voice-chatting though @Hero\-of\-Time, the fetch quests are boring as hell, I just could simply not be arsed sticking around doing that so I just went to hunt with randoms. Sorry man.

Apparently the DLC is now up and running. I guess we will see a bunch of Link characters and Master Sword users on the servers now. :D

I've got my White Cat Stamp upgraded to the Black Cat Hammer now (572 Attack, 300 Para, 25% Affinity) just 2 more upgrades to go. :) The maxed out version looks rad (1040 Attack, 400 Para, 30% Affinity).

Even as it stands it's pretty awesome, and when you get a good rhythm going the combos are amazing.

The other day I took out Great Jaggi in a single attack sequence:

Standard combo > paralysis.

Hammer to the head > KO.

Even more hammering > paralysis again.

Few more hits > dead. :D

Poor little Jaggi couldn't move, call his mates, nothing. :laughing:

I know it's just Jaggi, but it's always hilarious. :heh:

Anyway, these Seregios weapons that apparently sharpen themselves when you roll, how does it work exactly? Do you just need to roll once to fully increase sharpness, or is it a gradual thing?

I recall the in-game text saying you wouldn't need to use whetstones with them, which seems pretty cool. :awesome:

Anyway, these Seregios weapons that apparently sharpen themselves when you roll, how does it work exactly? Do you just need to roll once to fully increase sharpness, or is it a gradual thing?

I recall the in-game text saying you wouldn't need to use whetstones with them, which seems pretty cool. :awesome:

I think you need to roll at least 3 times to keep the sharpness up. It's pretty good for GS and Hammer users but anything else it's pointless because the weapons are being used too fast for the roll to have any real effect.

...Anyway, these Seregios weapons that apparently sharpen themselves when you roll, how does it work exactly? Do you just need to roll once to fully increase sharpness, or is it a gradual thing?

To resharpen your weapon you need to roll 5 times (raises 1 sharpness level). As per the video below only the GS, HH, Hammer and Gunlance seem to be decent Seregios weapons given how quickly they generally lose sharpness.

Edited by Kav

I think you need to roll at least 3 times to keep the sharpness up. It's pretty good for GS and Hammer users but anything else it's pointless because the weapons are being used too fast for the roll to have any real effect.
To resharpen your weapon you need to roll 5 times (raises 1 sharpness level). As per the video below only the GS, Hammer and Gunlance seem to be decent Seregios weapons given how quickly they generally lose sharpness.

Cheers guys. :) Will look into getting the hammer made up at some point, should be a good combo with Mega Dash Juice. ;)

Not looking forward to taking on Seregios again though. :heh:

Apparently the DLC is now up and running. I guess we will see a bunch of Link characters and Master Sword users on the servers now. :D

Just remember, I main the Sword and Shield.

So I was using it before it was cool!

Downloaded the dlc but where do you find the new equipment in game ?

You have to do the DLC quest and this should net you some special tickets so you can make the Zelda stuff. At least that's how it's worked in the past.