NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Official Thread: A Brotherhood Reunited

I get back in from work about half 7 so will come on after ive had some tea (so about 8). Please save me a spot.

Will be up for doing anything :)

I assume we are still talking about the game here? :D

Always a spot for N-E peeps. @kav82 have you give up trying to play with us then? :(

I assume we are still talking about the game here? :D

Always a spot for N-E peeps. @kav82 have you give up trying to play with us then? :(

I've given up trying to use the PS4 to chat for this game. I was gaming last night with @Blade and we were chatting on the phone and my connection was as stable as it gets. In fact, he got disconnected and I didn't at all.

If Skype or MUMBLE doesn't effect the connection I'll be using them on my phone to chat.

The reason I'm not using the PS4 is because it's not in the same room as my router, but to be able to get a stable connection on the 3DS I need to be in the same room as the router.

One might say take the PS4 pad into the room with the router and carry on with PS4 chat... I would but the controller loses it's connection with the console if I take it out of the same room it's in.

I swear to god, superman couldn't see through my walls, nothing gets through them!

I'm not moving my PS4 either, already got a 360 and my WiiU in that room as well as the TV so I'm keeping my PS4 where it is as I'd not play it as much if it was in the other room.

I've given up trying to use the PS4 to chat for this game. I was gaming last night with @Blade and we were chatting on the phone and my connection was as stable as it gets. In fact, he got disconnected and I didn't at all.

If Skype or MUMBLE doesn't effect the connection I'll be using them on my phone to chat.

The reason I'm not using the PS4 is because it's not in the same room as my router, but to be able to get a stable connection on the 3DS I need to be in the same room as the router.

One might say take the PS4 pad into the room with the router and carry on with PS4 chat... I would but the controller loses it's connection with the console if I take it out of the same room it's in.

I swear to god, superman couldn't see through my walls, nothing gets through them!

I'm not moving my PS4 either, already got a 360 and my WiiU in that room as well as the TV so I'm keeping my PS4 where it is as I'd not play it as much if it was in the other room.

Yeah, I read about that earlier. I mean are you still wanting to hunt with us despite all that?

Yeah, Blade had connection issues the other day, disconnecting at key times and on annoying monsters.

Probably around 8PM if that suits? :)

Sure thing, i'll be on around then. You opening a room or shall i?

Yeah, I read about that earlier. I mean are you still wanting to hunt with us despite all that?

Yeah, Blade had connection issues the other day, disconnecting at key times and on annoying monsters.

I'll absolutely still hunt with you guys, I'd rather game with you lot than randoms, haha.

Finally got a high rank armour set too (Nerscylla) so I'll be able to take more punishment from monsters!

If other N-E members will be using skype or MUMBLE (those without a PS4 I guess) I'll be happy to game and chat with them too!

Sure thing, i'll be on around then. You opening a room or shall i?

I'll open up a party on the PSV a few minutes before 8PM and I'll set up a room around that time too. :)

I played a couple of quests with @S\.C\.G @Glen\-i I've added you all.

I'll add you back in a few minutes

Edited by Hellfire

Finally done my urgent and unlocked G-Rank. I went from HR7 to HR45.:D

stunned-silence-gif-1.gif

It hasn't even been out a week...

And here I was being glad that I've gotten to HR2.

Wow, impressive stuff there. I'm heading up to HR2 slowly but surely.

Edit: Has anyone else been having issues hosting a room, i seem to show up on people's lists as "unavailable" when i'm doing the hosting, but i am able to join other people's rooms.

Edited by Jimbob

Cheers for the games tonight @Jimbob, it was fun and good to get a few quests done too. :)

We showed that Tetsucabra who's boss in the end as well. :D

Guess which monster I captured earlier?...

...Plesioth!

:D

The surprising thing there, is that he's not actually a monster you can fight in this version. ;)

Instead you need...

...to have your Palicoes to go fishing with the casting machine. :heh:

Thought the casting machine would just be an easier/quicker way get the various fish (similar to the fishmongress on MH Tri) so was pretty surprised to catch a Plesi with it. :awesome:

I'm just glad that I don't need to fight that bastard again. :laughing:

It's also cool how you can still get materials from lots of other monsters that aren't in the game this time, by trading materials with the Wycoon.

In other cat related MH news...

I was super chuffed to discover that there's a Felyne themed hammer now! :yay:

Needless to say I forged it instantly and it's already part of my hammer collection. :hehe:

So I've unlocked the "farm/bees" and can now forge Decorations. Back to multiplayer from tomorrow.

Cracking night of hunting last night. Got my urgent done, lostmario got his urgent done, Blade fought the big boss for the first time ( his reaction was hilarious ), lostmario got a new sword and the 3 of us took on Kush by ourselves and done him over. The N-E Brotherhood was on a rampage! :D

I went and farmed Great Jaggi with the help of a few randoms late last night, and now have my Jaggi Armour all done. Need to seriously start the online further, as after 10 hours play, I'm still only HR 1, enjoying the Solo mode and need to open up the farming bit too. I just can't play it enough, not enough hours in the day, etc.

@\-Dem0\-( he still around? )

I'm alive, just haven't gamed (apart from the odd Smash match) for a few months.

Cheers for the games tonight @Jimbob, it was fun and good to get a few quests done too. :)

We showed that Tetsucabra who's boss in the end as well. :D

Indeed, i'm up for clearing the remainder of HR-1 quests either tomorrow or Friday if you are. You can do the collect/fetch quests solo, i did some on the way to work today. However, watch for the Great Jaggi on the Egg quest that will randomly appear.

If anyone is around HR4 I'm up for some hunting tonight.

So you're too good to help those lower than yourself?

You jerk.

So you're too good to help those lower than yourself?

You jerk.

By all means I can help. I guess I'm used to not liking people being too overpowered helping me, it takes a good portion of the danger out of the hunts, which lessens the fun for me.

Any tips for a complete beginner? recommendations of weapons? bought the digital download from GAME (£32.99 cheaper than most places including the e-shop)

Any tips for a complete beginner? recommendations of weapons? bought the digital download from GAME (£32.99 cheaper than most places including the e-shop)

The game is a bit of a grind and can be a slow burner for a new starter, just remember that.

Take your time and learn enemy movements and attack patterns. The game is essentially one boss fight after another.

Harvest all the materials you can early on so you can make potions and other bits and pieces to keep you going while you get used to things.

As for a weapon, I usually recommend the sword and shield for new players. This gives you a decent attack power and speed but also gives you the ability to block enemy attacks. Stuff like the longsword and hammer are fast or powerful but leave you wide open. The greatsword is how I started my Monster Hunter career back in the day, as the attack power is massive and you can block, but a lot of people don't like how slow it is.

Most importantly is to have fun playing the game. :D

Bad night of hunting last night. It was one of those days where I felt like nothing got done and I didn't move forward in any way. Time to regroup and try again tonight.

I had one of the most epic nights of hunting last night, with randoms too, I couldn't believe it. We had all recently become HR4 and we all went through the 4 Star hunts and our Urgents together, all coming out as HR5.

Nobody screwed anyone over, we all took turns picking hunts and using vouchers for meals etc too. The hunts themselves were great, we all worked so well together, helping each other out... using deodorants on each other, using horns to group heal, kicking each other when webbed to break the webbing etc.

The one thing I wish we had; voice-chat! It would've been great to cheer each other on and share the fun with a chat!

The community on this game is great.

Also, I completely owned every monster we came up against with my Charge Blade... that weapon is beastly. I was on fire, every heavy hit was landing so sweetly, I was getting KO's on the monsters, breaking everything on them and hardly taking any damage too. I was on top form, I loved it!

There's nothing more satisfying than getting your phials full, sending the charge into your shield, restocking the phials and then unleashing the Axe mode's ultra attack, discharging all 10 phials at once on the monsters head... sweet!

I LOVE this game!

Edited by Kav

I'm quite disappointed with the guild quest/expedition feature... the randomly generated maps don't have much variation and if you want to do expeditions together with friends you have to unlock a guild quest which only feature a very limited number of monsters. It's still quite fun though on your own going through an expedition when the environment is unstable so you get all sorts of monsters appearing.

Epic 2 hours hunting with 3 other , well rehearsed, hunters. Managed Great Jaggi twice, trapped and captured a Gypceros twice, then killed him once, killed Tetsucabra, and that big spider thing I can't remember the name of (dead anyway), and finished off with some egg collecting. This game is awesome with 4 players online together. Normally my internet connection is laggy due to where I'm located, but this was the best I've ever experienced. In fact most 3rd party games I can play online OK. It's only Nintendo games that I get a lot of drop out of, MK8 drops out before each race starts.

Now I've nearly finished all the 2 star quests, do I have to finish all those training 1 star Great Jaggi quests to obtain the HR points??

Edited by londragon