NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Official Thread: A Brotherhood Reunited

This game!

Went to Capcom HQ with @Dcubed yesterday and hunted with a whole bunch of people. I've missed Monster Hunter.

Hopefully, I plan on venturing online with some of you tomorrow. But I'm gonna focus on Single Player for today.

This is an incredible game, put in a few hours this morning. Quite handy having a feline to assist in the single player missions. Will be available tomorrow for some online hunting if anyone else is up for that.

Really enjoying this game, but the more I play it, the more I wish I was playing it on Wii U. :blank: Yeah, I know, I know... I keep going on about that, but it's because I'm so annoyed about it. :angry:

Put around 6 hours into this yesterday (with plenty of breaks) and it completely did my hands/eyes/neck in. :shakehead

Can't see myself doing the same kind of continuous sessions that I did with MH3/U, I just find it way too uncomfortable playing for so long on the 3DS.

But at the same time, it's so fucking addictive that I don't want to stop playing! :heh:

That's also why I haven't ventured online yet, as I know once I do, it'll be even harder to stop myself playing it for hours on end.

...stupid Capcom. :mad:

As for my thoughts on the game itself, well they're very positive indeed. It's like the same old Monster Hunter but (as others have already mentioned) it somehow manages to feel nice and fresh. icon14.gif The presentation is a bit odd though, and this could just be because I'm playing via the original 3DSXL, but the visuals are unbelievably random. :hmm: And every so often (usually during monster introduction cutscenes, or in certain confined areas) the frame rate will increase dramatically! The additional smoothness during these events really sticks out compared to the usual in-game motion.

But yeah, MH4U is still a truly great game, it's just on the wrong bloody hardware!! Sorry, that's it now. I won't complain about that anymore... maybe. :laughing:

To stay online on this game I have to stay in the same room as my router, the ball-ache being that it's in the front room but my PS4 isn't and also, if my flatmate is watching the TV I'd not chat anyway.

Part of me thinks it's a shit router but then the walls in my flat also block the Gamepad signal... I swear they walls are made from lead!

Otherwise I enjoy the game but I don't really want to be playing it without chatting and I don't really rate it all that much as a single player game, the fun is in the hunt with friends.

Remember to download the free MH4U starter pack from your house.
Cheers for the reminder. :)

I've now got my Palicoe kitted out with the Mario Bros. Hammer. :D Couldn't decide between the Mario or Luigi outfits though, so mixed it up with the Luigi hat and the Mario overalls. :heh:

To stay online on this game I have to stay in the same room as my router, the ball-ache being that it's in the front room but my PS4 isn't and also, if my flatmate is watching the TV I'd not chat anyway.

Part of me thinks it's a shit router but then the walls in my flat also block the Gamepad signal... I swear they walls are made from lead!

Otherwise I enjoy the game but I don't really want to be playing it without chatting and I don't really rate it all that much as a single player game, the fun is in the hunt with friends.

Its all about gaming with mates on this.

I did try to game with randoms earlier in the day and just found it a chore!

Its all about gaming with mates on this.

I did try to game with randoms earlier in the day and just found it a chore!

I don't mind playing with randoms, just as long as they are half decent. I love meeting new hunters that know what they are doing, especially if they use a different weapon type to me. There was a guy I met yesterday who was amazing with the staff.

Got my High Rank gear sorted now, with a def of 300+! :D

I don't mind playing with randoms, just as long as they are half decent. I love meeting new hunters that know what they are doing, especially if they use a different weapon type to me. There was a guy I met yesterday who was amazing with the staff.

Got my High Rank gear sorted now, with a def of 300+! :D

I should be on at 8.30 til 11 with party chat! Popping around to my parents again after that where I'll have my 3DS with me.

Good hunts last night, that Pink Rathian is going down today.

I should be on at 8.30 til 11 with party chat! Popping around to my parents again after that where I'll have my 3DS with me.

Good hunts last night, that Pink Rathian is going down today.

Killed it twice this morning, but it was other people's quests. :(

Now our turn is done. Can't believe how easy that was with our new armour! HR5, baby!

Geez, at this rate, you won't want to hunt with me because I'll still HR1.

Can't go online, so that was a given really.

I just fought Tetsucabra in Single Player, focusing on getting it's armour. Might go online later today. Hopefully, some of you will be there.

Geez, at this rate, you won't want to hunt with me because I'll still HR1.

Can't go online, so that was a given really.

I just fought Tetsucabra in Single Player, focusing on getting it's armour. Might go online later today. Hopefully, some of you will be there.

HR6 now. :D

I'm always up for helping people on this. Helped my nephew reach HR4 last night and I'm in getting him and Blade new High Rank armour at the moment.

HR6 now. :D

I'm always up for helping people on this. Helped my nephew reach HR4 last night and I'm in getting him and Blade new High Rank armour at the moment.

I just realised that I don't have most of the 3DS Friend codes of most of the people here, including you.

You can see mine on the left there, so feel free to add me and tell me your FC.

(I really should have done this before the game came out)

I know I've already got RedShell, Jimbob and Foohad registered. Some others might have me but I can't recognise them from their profile name.

Why is it that randoms take forever to start quests?! I've spent more time waiting to depart on a hunt than actually hunting on this game!

@lostmario, it's not my internet that's the problem I think as it's been stable when I'm in the same room as the router. As soon as I leave the room though it goes dodgy so it's more than likely the router being crap.

Why is it that randoms take forever to start quests?! I've spent more time waiting to depart on a hunt than actually hunting on this game!

@lostmario, it's not my internet that's the problem I think as it's been stable when I'm in the same room as the router. As soon as I leave the room though it goes dodgy so it's more than likely the router being crap.

Go and get a new router and join us!

I Seeing as I have empty space, you could use the ID of a room I'm in if you fancy helping some HR1's rank up.

If you don't have me on your friends list, you can use the Hall ID instead.

51-2004-4160-0511

I'll probably be online until 11.

You really couldn't wait more than a minute before bailing, @RedShell?

Oh well..

Edited by Glen-i

I will certainly be online tomorrow night from 8pm until 11pm, havn't been hunting today as i've been determined to get First Light done before The Order next week. Anyone wishes to add me for hunting, my I'D is on the left there.

@Glen\-i I've added you! : peace:

@Dcubed as well, you must have had me provisionally registered, could have sworn I already had you added... must be on Wii U, oh well you're there now. :heh:

@Jimbob consider yourself added! :D

@Glen\-i I've added you! : peace:

@Dcubed as well, you must have had me provisionally registered, could have sworn I already had you added... must be on Wii U, oh well you're there now. :heh:

@Jimbob consider yourself added! :D

Great! I'm with others at the mo, so use the Hall ID above if you fancy a few hunts.

I'll add you when I finish.

Going through deciding what weapon i'll go with for a few hours, unsure between the katana, bone axe and lance. May just switch between all three. Doing a few fetch/gather quests at the moment, quite liking the new climbing ability.

Wow, you guys are having fun!

So... What's this game all about? Hunt beasts, get food/clothing etc? Where does the enjoyment come from? (real noob question)

Fucking loooool.

I've been following this for ages and have been secretly in the background chuckling at how you guys were going to make this work.

"We'll need to buy black ops 2, guyyyys!"

"PS4 chat!"

"But that takes moar powar, lets use da amiga!"

I've been on and off the PS4 all day and have seen Blade, Hero, Lost and I think it's Hero's nephew online all day pretty much since I got up. I checked Blade's party chat and thought, "2 hours, that's good going."

I did some showering, cleaned the house, went food shopping and came back. Checked the PS4 again. "Heh, cool. Ine look, they're still going. Up to about...5 and a half hours now."

I played Transistor. Finished what was left of it. They're still on. "Shiiit, Ine, they're up to about 9 hours now!"

Cooked tea, ate tea, started inFAMOUS Second Son, rang the Mum, washed up, made a hot water bottle as I'm ill. "Fuuuuuck! Ine, they're STILL ON! 14 hours now."

And here we go!

monsterhunter.jpg

That's impressive.

Edit: 14 hours and 18 minutes. That's some serious stamina.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk