NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Official Thread: A Brotherhood Reunited

Was just about to give Monster Hunter a go but there's something about a software update?

Anyway each time it tries to download, it fails, I assume it's not important though and can just start the game, the update will probably be working later or tomorrow I assume.

After 7 hours straight I think it's time for bed. Reached HR2 and got a good feel for some of the new maps. Also got my first full armour set that makes me look like a samurai.

Had a hilarious moment with Blade, lostmario and Hellfire. We were all standing by a pond just minding our own business fishing for golden fish. We then hear a noise behind us and we all look to see a big beastie has spoilt our fishing trip! We were all scrambling to put our fishing rods away and draw out weapons. Hilarious! :D

My hands are absolutely killing off holding the 3DS for that long though. :( I may have to invest in an XL after all if I'm to sink countless hours into the game.

After 7 hours straight I think it's time for bed. Reached HR2 and got a good feel for some of the new maps. Also got my first full armour set that makes me look like a samurai.

Had a hilarious moment with Blade, lostmario and Hellfire. We were all standing by a pond just minding our own business fishing for golden fish. We then hear a noise behind us and we all look to see a big beastie has spoilt our fishing trip! We were all scrambling to put our fishing rods away and draw out weapons. Hilarious! :D

My hands are absolutely killing off holding the 3DS for that long though. :( I may have to invest in an XL after all if I'm to sink countless hours into the game.

Yeah that was awesome :D I'm having fun just making whatever armor and weapons I feel like without planning. For now.

I. Cannot. Wait.

Reading these posts of you guys playing has just skyrocketed my hype... again!

Get a CCP. Makes the 3DS ALOT more ergonomic. So comfy to hold.

Get a CCP. Makes the 3DS ALOT more ergonomic. So comfy to hold.

I had one for Resident Evil. It also killed my hands. Clearly I just have weird hands. :D

Great session this morning with Blade and lostmario. Everyone is pretty much got a good set of armour and weapon. Just need to get Blades urgent done and then start doing more of the 2 star stuff.

I fought some of the new beasties in the 2 star quests this morning and some of the designs are awesome. I particularly like Jaws. :D

How is the game after you guys put so many hours into 3? Still feel fresh and fun?

Absolutely. We were just saying this morning how we've all missed playing MH. There's a sense of familiarity but at the same time it still feels new and fresh.

Nice, where did you get that Felyne from?
From play-asia.com, was quite a while ago though.

Great session this morning with Blade and lostmario. Everyone is pretty much got a good set of armour and weapon. Just need to get Blades urgent done and then start doing more of the 2 star stuff.

I fought some of the new beasties in the 2 star quests this morning and some of the designs are awesome. I particularly like Jaws. :D

Awesome stuff. :) How much of the offline stuff do you need to do before you can hunt online?

Just finished making my character (and cat :love:) and did the first village quest.

The 3D effect in the cutscenes (especially the intro) is amazing!! :o

Great to be back in the world of Monster Hunter! :bouncy:

Download complete, a whooping great 20,000+ blocks, I thought my 32GB card was safe, only 25,000 blocks left on it now. Time to start deleting those masses of demos I never touched. Hunting tonight, yay!

I'm at around the same point as @RedShell I think, only played for about an hour last night but I will be putting some more time in later today after I've transferred to my new 3DS XL so hopefully I'll be ready for online either tonight or sometime over the weekend. :)

Glad to hear that you're all enjoying it though. : peace:

I can't wait to see what it looks like on a bigger screen. :D

Hey guys, long time no posts!

I'm thinking about picking this up but I've struggled with MH games in the past (MH Wii), despite really wanting to I just can't seem to enjoy them. Any tips?

Went on a videogame splurge last week and the final items came today, one being a brand new New 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimade Edition. Looks cool...but forgot to buy a bigger MicrosSD card, so did today. Decided to just hold off on the transfer for a bit at least until it comes, so no play-play for me.

I was planning on coming online, but this transfer process is taking the mick. My own fault really, i had the chance to copy the data over via the PC but didn't.

When do you get access to the best weapons? Am I being stupid. Wanna use the new charge blade but dunno where to get it from.

Edited by khilafah

No idea what's up with my internet connection but this is still downloading. Only at 38% :/.

Brilliant, brilliant game.

Feels familiar but fresh at the same time, the verticality of it is a brilliant addition, both to hunters and monsters!

Got to HR2 today, barely touched single player yet, I'll be hoping to get to HR3 tomorrow morning before work, 8am start!

When do you get access to the best weapons? Am I being stupid. Wanna use the new charge blade but dunno where to get it from.

You have access to all the weapons from the start. Just go to your house and look in your box to change them. Of course all the weapons are very basic but they are all there.

Played for 11 hours straight yesterday and was completely knackered by 9PM. I went to bed just after I stopped playing and I'm now recharged and ready to hunt again. :D

Managed to get to HR3 yesterday and done a couple of the new quests. Dis game, man!

It is with a heavy heart that I must bare some sad news..... :(

I have not picked up MH4U yet, I went to a shop after work yesterday, I looked at it alongside Majora's Mask and I realised I couldn't afford the two of them, both money wise and time to invest wise and in a choice of 2 games if one is a Zelda game the Zelda game will always win for me.

So I'm gonna try bang through MM first and wait for my next paycheque and hopefully pick up MH4U then.... I just hope the Brotherhood will be ok with my lateness and be able to help me catch up when I do eventually join the hunt, was playing the Demo the other day and will savour the chance to hunt some new beasts.

Questions: What is the online like? Nice and smooth? Any lag?

And are ye managing voice chat somehow?