NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Official Thread: A Brotherhood Reunited

7B5uH4O.gif7B5uH4O.gif

Monster Hunter Main Theme

@\-Dem0\- ( he still around? ) could close the other thread that would be great.

Glorious thread. Couldn't be more excited about MH4.

I feel this gif accurately sums up what this game is about to do to my every day life.

giphy.gif

Khezu

374px-MH4-Khezu_Render_001_zpsjna9wzeb.png

Having nightmares already. :shakehead

I get the feeling that thing is going to annoy me just as much as Gigginox did. :heh:

Seeing this thread has just skyrocketed my hype!
Same here, even though I'd already seen it. :hehe:

Quoting from the old thread:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Prepare for the Hunt (Nintendo 3DS)

Can't wait to pick this up for the Wii U at Christmas. :heh:

Don't even joke about that! :nono:

If I got this game, as an absolute beginner (never played any Monster Hunter), would I be able to play regularly with N-E people? Do people use Skype to chat while they play?

Having nightmares already. :shakehead

I get the feeling that thing is going to annoy me just as much as Gigginox did. :heh:

Yeah, Giggi was essentially the next evolution of Khzeu. They are quite similar in their movements. I always hated fighting him and I never once got his rare item ( Pale Lips ) when playing the original game. I remember my mates kept getting them off him but I was never lucky enough. They always mocked me at work about it. :(

If I got this game, as an absolute beginner (never played any Monster Hunter), would I be able to play regularly with N-E people? Do people use Skype to chat while they play?

You should be able to hook up with us, I mean there's quite a few people getting it. Max team size is only 4 though. A lot of us have decided to just use the PS4 party chat while playing due to how many of us have the console now.

Yeah, Giggi was essentially the next evolution of Khzeu. They are quite similar in their movements. I always hated fighting him and I never once got his rare item ( Pale Lips ) when playing the original game. I remember my mates kept getting them off him but I was never lucky enough. They always mocked me at work about it. :(.
You've just reminded me about the ridiculously rare item drops. :shakehead I guess Capcom is going to keep that tradition going in this version too. :hehe:

Remember when I got my Cha-Cha to steal some of the super rare items on MH3U? :D

Shame he's not in this version. :(

Shopto have dispatched my copy. :yay:

You've just reminded me about the ridiculously rare item drops. :shakehead I guess Capcom is going to keep that tradition going in this version too. :hehe:

Remember when I got my Cha-Cha to steal some of the super rare items on MH3U? :D

Shame he's not in this version. :(

Haha. Yeah, he certainly done the business for you! I don't think I used that move. I usually had mine bring the traps.

You can have 4 people Skype groups on the mobile app right?

One person will have to use a computer to start the call for a group chat.

One person will have to use a computer to start the call for a group chat.

I'm fairly sure you can do it from the app, is this not correct..?

6CF349A5-1813-4220-B968-BF1AD4C28D20_zpsmvvz1hme.png9F16F515-3EC7-4C36-822D-4014ED440C99_zpsh8hgzqjw.png

Ooooh! I'm getting excited.

I think I need to bring some Sword and Shield shenanigans into N-Europe!

Try not to get too far ahead when some of you inevitably get the game delivered early, eh?

You know, having a Windows Phone, I could actually use Skype to chat.

Maybe I won't have to be mute after all!

Oh, and @Shorty, I'm sure people here would happily help you get to grips.

(Just don't jump straight online, rookie mistake, play around in solo quests, try out some of the weapons, if you haven't done so in the demo and learn some basics)

So I see @f00had is already playing this. :o

Dude, where did you order from for a Wednesday GET!!? :awesome:

Maybe it's like with the Majora edition 3DS? New console owners might be getting it early.

Cannot wait for for this, two whole years since 3U!

Planning on downloading this at midnight, barring any last minute work I'll have all day Friday off until 6 with two mates, hopefully get through plenty of quests together to start making some decent weapons :)

Think I'll stick with the Lance while I get to grips with the new bits and bobs, then venture out once I've got decent armour sets!

I think he mentioned that he got it from TheGameCollection, which shipped it yesterday.

It was The Game Collection, they had the lowest price and I wasn't expecting to get it so soon! Barely had time to play it before work but I'm digging into it now.

I'm fairly sure you can do it from the app, is this not correct..?

I use Android and it's definitely not possible on that. Guess we'll all have to buy iPhones :D

I use Android and it's definitely not possible on that. Guess we'll all have to buy iPhones :D

Nah, I'll stick with my Windows Phone, thanks.

Nah, I'll stick with my Windows Phone, thanks.

Actually that's a thing... Can Skype on Windows mobile start voice calls? you'd think with Microsoft owning Skype they'd make the version for their phones the best.

Actually that's a thing... Can Skype on Windows mobile start voice calls? you'd think with Microsoft owning Skype they'd make the version for their phones the best.

As far as I can tell, it can't start group calls, but it can take part in them.

I have no idea if Windows Phone 8 is the latest one or not though. (Not very phone savvy, me) Will have to check it out.

Edited by Glen-i

So anyone with iPhones will just have to host the voice chat lobbies..?

Also, this game looks SO much better on the New 3DS!

It was The Game Collection, they had the lowest price and I wasn't expecting to get it so soon! Barely had time to play it before work but I'm digging into it now.
Nice. :) You ever order anything from them before MH4? Wonder if they're always that quick?

I really want to find a decent alternative to ShopTo. :hmm:

I'm actually still unsure if I'll get this...never pre-ordered as was away when release date announced, only just got back.... I of course want it, but have no idea how much online time I might get to play it these days....plus I'm working this weekend and working late shift next week which screws up my first week :heh:

I'm sure when I go to the store to get Majora's Mask I'll likely pick this up too but just wanted to give teh Brotherhood a heads up, I'll likely not be as active as I was on orevious games :(

EDIT:

I might even consider downloading this actually so I always have it on the console, what is teh d/l price in Euros gonna be?

Nice. :) You ever order anything from them before MH4? Wonder if they're always that quick?

I really want to find a decent alternative to ShopTo. :hmm:

I bought Theatrhythm Curtain Call from them on a Wednesday night which wasn't a pre order. They posted it Thursday and I received it Friday, only had 2 orders from them but they seem really quick and I'll definitely be ordering from then in the future.

Did anyone else get the game today then? I'm slowly making my way through the village quests, don't wanna say too much but I will say there aren't too many tutorial quests.