NEurope
Mokong

Holiday 2015 Pics and Vids- New Vid: Eating the Filipino delicacy of "Balut"

Don't know if anyone noticed I've been AWOL for the last 3 weeks, was on holiday in the Philippines again with the family.

As always I like to make sure to share some pics with my N-E family for here goes :D

Spent first 2 nights in Manila and met up with some friends there and had a Youtube Gathering

DSCN3861_zps3df60781.jpg

lasertag_zpsd21946d3.jpg

noytubejump_zps457d0ee3.jpg

Here's a video my friend Jason (who I stayed with for the 2 nights) made of teh gathering day.... my own video of that day will follow soon

If you don't watch the full video at least MAKE SURE to watch the segment from about the 2minute mark :wink:

Some pics of some Superhero statues that appeared near my wifes hometown...video showing all statues to appear in future :wink:

RSCN4017_zps1dc89f62.jpg

Supes and I about to clash fists

RSCN4018_zpse6da4ef0.jpg

About to race The Flash :heh:

RSCN4026_zpsf0396f6c.jpg

Some pics of a beach resort we went to called Raymens on the island of Guimaras

DSCN4314_zps50b159f0.jpg

These pics actually from an Island Hopping boat tour we did from the resort

Cave Swimming

DSCN4275_zps4156cb65.jpg

DSCN4174_zpsbd112b3f.jpg

DSCN4184_zps05fce894.jpg

And some pics from a day out trek up a mountain to a waterfall, Nadsadyan Falls, near my moms hometown

DSCN4404_zpsa881b0d2.jpg

IMAG4481_zps5a6d61a5.jpg

IMAG4499-Copy_zps49ce7d4c.jpg

IMAG4506-Copy_zps1a9b7763.jpg

IMAG4596_zps6f767bd6.jpg

IMAG4606_zpsc2611f02.jpg

IMAG4642_zps0b0eb25d.jpg

Surprisingly stable bamboo bridge

IMAG4655_zps0ab1e824.jpg

Of course got a fair amount of video footage which will be going up soon. Just finished my fist video a video blog on route to Manila which I'll embed below if anyone is interested :D

Edited by Mokong

Since you were updating Facebook every twelve minutes with pics and videos it didn't really feel like you went anywhere ;)

Looks like you had a great time.

Not jealous or nuffin.

I was going to say excellent post but since one of the pictures is rotated wrong....tsk tsk tsk 2/10 would not read again

[/sarcasm]

Looks like a beautiful place

Since you were updating Facebook every twelve minutes with pics and videos it didn't really feel like you went anywhere ;)

That wasnt me that was other people tagging me in their stuff :)

I was going to say excellent post but since one of the pictures is rotated wrong....tsk tsk tsk 2/10 would not read again

[/sarcasm]

Looks like a beautiful place

WTF, I fixed that on Photobucket before I linked I swear....grrrrr...fixed now

WTF, I fixed that on Photobucket before I linked I swear....grrrrr...fixed now

Still not fixed your link to The Flash picture though.

Definitely not just picking fault because I'm jealous.

Still not fixed your link to The Flash picture though.

Definitely not just picking fault because I'm jealous.

lol, no excuse for me on that one, I never even noticed

I'm likley gonna use this thread I think to fish for views when I upload a new vid related to my holiday.

Just uploaded my 2nd holiday vid, not really showing anything from teh holiday, just a little vid I made with my friend Jason and his brother after I got to his house after he picked me up from the airport. I brought over a couple of packs of Irish Tayto crisps for them to try and thought why not make a vid of it :D

FYI: Down the line there will be a vid of me later trying a filipino snack that does not go as well as Jason and Jonas' first experience with Tayto crisps :heh:

I brought over a couple of packs of Irish Tayto crisps for them to try..

Spread the love, dude : peace: I prefer the Spring Onion, myself, but whatever the case.. your bags are weird! Our Cheese & Onion comes in yellow..

cheese.jpg

Also.. you're such a nerd! In a good way, though :heh:

Spread the love, dude : peace: I prefer the Spring Onion, myself, but whatever the case.. your bags are weird! Our Cheese & Onion comes in yellow..

Actually may surprise you to learn that the Tayto you have in the North is not the same Tayto we have here, both are different companies that for some reason have the same name...but our Tayto is the original (I beleive Tayto NI was founded in 1956, 2 years after Joe "Spud" Murphy founded Tayto in Dublin) so you have been living a lie your whole life and not really eating real Tayto :heh:

Though according to Wiki Tayto NI licensed the receipes from Tayto RoI in the 50's so assuming the same is used today maybe they do taste the same....we'll have to organise some sort of meet up sometime, I'll bring my Tayto, you bring yours and we'll see if they're the same haha

Also.. you're such a nerd! In a good way, though :heh:

You only realise this now?:awesome:

..we'll have to organise some sort of meet up sometime, I'll bring my Tayto, you bring yours and we'll see if they're the same haha..

That sounds like the worst reason to meet up with anyone ever.. and yet it absolutely MUST HAPPEN :bouncy:

Managing to get these vids edited a little faster than I expected, here's number 3, my video of the Gathering day I had with my Youtube friends in Manila

Now it's taking me a bit longer to edit vids that I thought, sorry for keeping bumping this thread but ye know I like to share my holiday adventures with N-E :)

This video, still in Manila and recorded same day as previous video, I teach my friends some Irish Slang words....bit long I know yeah but hopefully the vid is fun/interesting enough to keep you watching to the end :D

Bumpy bump

Here's the video of when I found those Superhero statues of which 3 are pictured in the first post... play the vid if you wanna see all 15 :D

Looks like you had a great time, always great watching the videos.

Cheers @Jimbob

Well here's another video for ya...getting more into the touristy things now, day out as a place called Garin Farm...best way I can think of describe this is a Farm-Zoo combination with a few adventure activities (though I didn't get vid of all activities, sorry....mainly cuz I didn't have the money to do them all haha..... yeah despite the place having an entrance fee you still had to pay to do things....Philippine logic :heh:)

I'll have 2 more vids from this day coming soon...one the full Zipline vid and another a bit of a Blasphamey video in that "Pilgrimage" area I breifly showed in the above vid... rather than bumping this thread twice more with vids form the same place I'll prolly put the zipline vid in the awesome stuff thread and might find the religion thread to bump with the other video so that the next time this thread gets bumped should be with a video from the beach resort and island hopping trip from the photos (though note my GoPro decided on that day and for rest of holiday after that to no longer work so had to revert to my old cam... thankfully brought as a back up in case of running out of battery or memory space on the GoPro :heh:... since I got home I've been in touch with GoPro and they are in the process of sending me a replacement so alls good :D)

Don't worry guys, only a few more vids for me to finish editing and I'll stop pesterring ye with the bumping of this thread :)

Next video is from the beach resort we went to a couple of days, Mostly a photo slideshow due to my GoPro deciding it didnt want to work anymore :cry: And I never even go the chance to get any underwater footage with :mad:

I know it's taking me long enough to finish this, but this is the 2nd last video so almost there :D

last video from the holiday now @ReZourceman this could be one for you to try to get hold of for your Food Review videos

Go on @ReZourceman, see if you can find a duck farm that will give you a duck egg with a chick inside before it hatches to bring home and boil... would make a good FRUK ep :heh: