NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Club Nintendo Discontinued ( Get Flipnote 3D For Free! )

Funnily enough it was also the first site I signed up for with my own internet. I was so excited to get on it when I first got internet in my room, I spent so long on those terrible forums for the first few months :p then I found this place and was blown away that you could have AVATARS and signatures. What a world.

Woah, I vaguely remember those forums.

Geez, they were rubbish!

I never thought this day would come...

Not about Club Nintendo, it's old and hilariously fiddly.

I thought we were doomed to never get Flipnote.

I don't think I've ever been so happy about an app!

This has been a fantastic week for me!

18up173syw60mjpg.jpg

You could say that it makes you... 'appy...

HoratioYeah.jpg

I'm not one to use memes normally, but it was simply too appropriate to let slip past me :p

I like how it's up to date for charge for services that should be free (online multiplayer) :p

Account is unified already though :) Just needs Virtual Console crossbuy and easier device transfer methods

It needs a couple of things. I haven't been on Club Nintendo for months and I just checked my points total and recent eShop purchases and all it said was Toki Tori 2 which was puzzling me. I'd forgotten that I've 2 Nintendo Wii U's registered but only my games for the first Wii U are counted but I buy nearly all my digital purchases on my second Wii U but I don't get those points added to my account. So in the last while I've lost out on Toki Tori, Toki Tori 2(bought twice), Fire Emblem, Shovel Knight, Chess, Minish Cap, Child Of Light, Earthbound, Steamworld Dig and whatever else I can't think of. All of the Pikmin 3 DLC, MK 8 DLC. I want all those points on my main account.

What are people who buy 2 or more systems supposed to do?

Seriously, where are those points? Are they lost in space? Both accounts have the same e-mail address. I don't know if it's because of the announcement today that the servers are jammed but their site is worse than usual. It keeps timing out and logging in takes an age.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Why did you buy toki tori 2 twice? Why do you have two systems? But yeah, same thing I mentioned in the 3ds thread, with a proper account system I'm sure most of us would get more systems (even more than my current three 3DSs)

Why did you buy toki tori 2 twice? Why do you have two systems? But yeah, same thing I mentioned in the 3ds thread, with a proper account system I'm sure most of us would get more systems (even more than my current three 3DSs)

Toki Tori 2 was only €3 and a brilliant game that deserved the support and my nephew could play it over Christmas. I use the Wii U downstairs to play with family or friends sometimes and it's a bigger screen. But the Wii U upstairs is in my room and what I primarily game on. I got a reasonably good deal for the second Wii U, it was the Wind Waker bundle and I wanted the gamepad.

Yes, I've been getting the usual '404 I AM ERROR!' page a lot. (got to love Nintendo for having that as their error page) ;)

It is possible to use the site just about but the login seems to be a bit temperamental.

Anyone else having trouble logging in to club nintendo? Absolutely crawling along here.

Yes, I've been getting the usual '404 I AM ERROR!' page a lot. (got to love Nintendo for having that as their error page) ;)

It is possible to use the site just about but the login seems to be a bit temperamental.

Can't login at all, been trying for 10 minutes.

The site was crap anyway without the other 100 people trying to see how many points they need to get anything worthwhile.

Club Nintendo died when Stars started to expire. On that day they no longer rewarded loyal fans, instead they turned into a who spent the most in 12 months competition.

Problem with that though was people hoarded their stars until the rare occasion it did get updated and then...

Yeah, good times in the early days.

I remember the rush trying to nab the Zelda Collection on the GameCube when it appeared on the store. Happy days. :D

...It was impossible to get stuff sometimes, I missed the Zelda Collection because it was gone straight away. Luckily I found a copy in Grainger Games shortly after.

I wonder with this relaunch they will also have some mobile related link up? Possibly a Club Nintendo app?

They still haven't even got the Miiverse app out yet.

Maybe there'll be one super duper app with miiverse, the shop, club Nintendo, eshop, messaging, amiibo collection

Well it took me a good few hours - at least two albums worth of music - but after redeeming over twenty odd codes in order to get my stars total to 7500 I finally redeemed them against a Game & Watch replica of Ball. : peace:

I'd always wanted it, just the thought of entering all those codes... :blank:

But now that I know Club Nintendo will be no more soon it seems to make sense to get something that I want from the catalogue while it's still there, should fit in nicely with my other original Game & Watch titles. :D

I've only got 3000 something stars but it's funny this should happen now because I literally caught up with my backlog the other day. The catalogue was a pile of crap so hope something good comes along.

In years to come will having unscratched Nintendo points cards make all your games more valuable, rather than spending it on what is effectively a lot of cheap tat but with over inflated points valuations? Sure there's the odd great item though they're usually priced at 7,500+ points and sell out quickly.

Has something already happened to Club Nintendo?

Because I haven't been able to log in to my account for a few days now...

When I click on 'log in' it just loads forever and then stops...

Has something already happened to Club Nintendo?

Because I haven't been able to log in to my account for a few days now...

When I click on 'log in' it just loads forever and then stops...

It's just appalling slow and hit and miss. Then if you try to check your account details, yeah, good luck with that.

Edit: I can't login now either.

They sent out emails, now everyone is trying to redeem codes before the deadline. Once codes can't be redeemed anymore maybe things will improve slightly.

I have a spare Hyrule Warriors code (sold it, then bought it again :p) if anyone wants it?

I have a spare Hyrule Warriors code (sold it, then bought it again :p) if anyone wants it?

I wouldn't say no. Could I have it please?

Buy the bloody game you mentalist! :heh:

how-about-no.gif

Nah, I'm sure I will at some point. If they announced an online patch, I'd buy it straight away.

Here's hoping that the new Nintendo Club coming later this year will include more countries, like mine. I have a ton of unused game codes, but I read that I could get Wii points with them if I create a UK Nintendo Club account with some random UK address, since the points are just digital so I can get them unlike the physical items. Maybe I'll try that...

30l.jpg

31l.jpg

On the other hand, Nintendo continues to have strong passion and believes in the promising prospects for the future of our dedicated video game system business. We will deploy our game business on smart devices not because we think that the dedicated game system business will wane, but because doing so will encourage a greater number of people to associate with Nintendo IP, to become familiar with the charms of video games and, eventually, to explore more premium experiences on our dedicated game systems. To realize this, we need to create a bridge between the two platforms.

When we announced our business alliance with DeNA, we announced an “integrated membership service,” with the mission of establishing a bridge between smart devices and dedicated game systems. The membership service will encompass multiple devices such as our existing Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, the dedicated game system NX, which is currently under development, smart devices and PCs.

While we will announce the details of this integrated membership service at a later date, I can share with you at a high level the idea is that the consumer can access multiple devices using one common ID.

For us to be able to bridge the gap between smart devices and dedicated game systems, we will offer advantages to consumers who use one ID across multiple devices.

So far, the members input their Club Nintendo ID to use the services. With this new service, our members will be able to visit Nintendo’s website and log in with one ID, and they will receive various services including the ones based on their past purchases and gameplay records as well as services that will be an improved version of the current loyalty program.

With this new membership, we are planning to deploy services that will make playing Nintendo games with their game pals more fun regardless of which platform they are accessing. - Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150508/04.html

Edited by Wii