NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Club Nintendo Discontinued ( Get Flipnote 3D For Free! )

Did people actually do the surveys correctly? I just ticked the first box I could see and then put 1 letter answers for the other stuff. Flew through them doing it this way.

I always filled them in accurately which made them even more tedious.

I was holding off registering my Wii U in case they did some crazy free game promotion again. But this pretty much confirms that won't be happening again. :(

As someone from a country that was barred from Club Nintendo for a decade, I say good riddance, time to update all of that.

Considering the recent news that Nintendo was, at least, attempting to revitalize their Brazilian market (before ultimately pulling out), and now a Club Nintendo system that would work better worldwide, I think this is a good omen of what Nintendo is trying to become: more global.

I just don't think we'll be seeing the fruits of these endeavours until their next console, but it's uplifting.

I was holding off registering my Wii U in case they did some crazy free game promotion again. But this pretty much confirms that won't be happening again. :(

Not for Club Nintendo, no.

another nail in the coffin :( and Middle finger to the fans .

First official Nintendo magazine ends and now this, I am pretty devastated

And what ever they replace it with will never be as exclusive and unique.

Rip club Nintendo :( , yes it was annoying with the Stars expiring and the surveys were a bitch , but the fruits of your labour were worth it . When that shiny gold zelda statue arrived, when that game and watch arrived , when those awesome mario kart trophies arrived ect.

Rip club Nintendo :( , yes it was annoying with the Stars expiring and the surveys were a bitch , but the fruits of your labour were worth it . When that shiny gold zelda statue arrived, when that game and watch arrived , when those awesome mario kart trophies arrived ect.

You're right, it won't be as unique... It'll be better ;)

In an age where Nintendo is looking to do more merchandising than before, where they're looking to branch more outside of games, where they actively partner with outside companies and manufacturers like Goodsmile and First 4 Figures, where modern technology enables them to do many more things and much more efficiently and where they actively sell merchandise directly from the source, I think it's safe to say that they'll be doing even better physical items than before :D

That's a bit overkill isn't it? You don't know how it'll be replaced, it's a bit illogical to say it won't be as good

Club Nintendo died when Stars started to expire. On that day they no longer rewarded loyal fans, instead they turned into a who spent the most in 12 months competition.

I wonder with this relaunch they will also have some mobile related link up? Possibly a Club Nintendo app?

It was best at the beginning.

I got the original DS through the scheme before it was released in the UK and also got Metroid Prime 2

It was best at the beginning.

I got the original DS through the scheme before it was released in the UK and also got Metroid Prime 2

Yeah, good times in the early days.

I remember the rush trying to nab the Zelda Collection on the GameCube when it appeared on the store. Happy days. :D

I'm still annoyed we never got a gold nunchuk....i'm not paying £70+ for one to go with my zelda wiimote....not unless i get deperate

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition and countless Nintendo Points for Wii VC purchases means that I got a great deal out of Club Nintendo over the years :hehe:

While it will be sad to see it go in some ways, I'm ready for something new and I feel like Nintendo are slowly starting to move everything towards a more unified system. I hope all of this is being done with a view to a more connected future between all Nintendo hardware, software and apps.

I always put "independent Nintendo sites". Because there's this one independent Nintendo site that I like.

Lol all people ever did was moan about how shit it was anyway. :indeed:

I've had some amazing stuff from the store. Some stuff people would find pointless - like the Nintendo sticky notes. I looovvved them. Everyone at work loved getting messages off me on them bad boys!!

My Wii SNES controller, Luigi coin, MK trophies that netted me a huge profit on eBay :D - so I am cry. I really liked the store.

Hopefully something else will come along!

I always put "independent Nintendo sites". Because there's this one independent Nintendo site that I like.

Cubed3, right?

EDIT: Just checked them and it seems they've gone multiplatform. I wonder when this happened?

Cubed3, right?

EDIT: Just checked them and it seems they've gone multiplatform. I wonder when this happened?

What, well that's news to me

I say good riddance to the surveys, damn annoying at the very least. And i'm pretty much happy they are culling the Club, never really had anything worth getting in these later years. I did get the Zelda Collectors Edition through this scheme, damn lucky though.

How are we getting screwed? Everyone gets it for free, just sign up for the new system. It'll just be New Club Nintendo

I'll wait for the New Club Nintendo XL. ;)

Can you exchange starts for e-creds? Would definitely be good if I could turn these stars into some eShop monies and buy some games with them - believe I've got a metric fuckton of unregistered stars dating back to the Wii if not even further!

Got some pretty good stuff over the years, early release DS, Zelda Collector's Edition, Mario Kart trophy, Pikmin keyring, probably more I've forgotten. And a load of eShop credit I spent on tons of Wii Virtual Console games.

Bring on a new better alternative.

I did get some good stuff from Club Nintendo over the years, Donkey Konga 2 (complete with Bongos!) for the Gamecube and the Super Mario Characters Figurine:

platinum_2010_1.jpg

Overall, it seemed like Nintendo.co.uk never had a big enough budget to provide many interesting things for the stars catalogue. When something decent came along it went pretty fast and all you were left to choose from were wallpapers and ringtones to spend your soon to expire stars on.

Right now they are offering Mario themed christmas wrapping paper for 2000 stars...that's 8 games worth of stars for some paper

So I'd would like to be optimistic about whatever they do in September, but these are the same people that ran Club Nintendo the way they did for the past decade and it never really improved, even with the big relaunch of the site last year.

I never thought this day would come...

Not about Club Nintendo, it's old and hilariously fiddly.

I thought we were doomed to never get Flipnote.

I don't think I've ever been so happy about an app!

This has been a fantastic week for me!

Just throwing this thought into the mix...Nintendo finally unifying accounts etc and getting up to date with MS and Sony, by offering a subscription based service like Gold and PSN?

You get Flip Note for free!!! (But you'll be paying £40 a year for the privilege...)

Just throwing this thought into the mix...Nintendo finally unifying accounts etc and getting up to date with MS and Sony, by offering a subscription based service like Gold and PSN?

You get Flip Note for free!!! (But you'll be paying £40 a year for the privilege...)

I like how it's up to date for charge for services that should be free (online multiplayer) :p

Account is unified already though :) Just needs Virtual Console crossbuy and easier device transfer methods

I wasted so many stars on wallpapers and ringtones when I first had it in the GameCube era :p I fondly remember my Donkey Konga Winamp skins. I got some decent stuff over the years though. 25th anniversary Mario and Luigi coins, a KK Slider album, a pikmin plushie, some big ds branded earphones. I will miss all the fun tat I got on there.

I'm still bitter I didn't have enough stars when the Mario Luigi and Wario gamecube controllers were put on back in the day though. I wanted them so much. And that SNES Wii classic controller, oh man.

Funnily enough it was also the first site I signed up for with my own internet. I was so excited to get on it when I first got internet in my room, I spent so long on those terrible forums for the first few months :p then I found this place and was blown away that you could have AVATARS and signatures. What a world.