NEurope
lostmario

Mario Kart League 2015

Well that was interesting... shame the group's weren't full.

Really punishes your mistakes!

The biggest flaw with tonight was if 1st place didn't severely mess up, they automatically won.

And considering how the placing at the start of each race works without coins to speed people up, there was never any hope for everyone else.

He was almost too good at this.
And he wasn't using a cheating Mii character either. *cough* :hehe:

That was the worst night I've ever had. Crazy Gamepad interference (dragging my Wii U elsewhere was infeasible due to my setup and Glen-I was using my LAN adapter as host, so we had to play in the same room with two Wii Us) coupled with zero ways to catch up made for a worst case scenario for me.

Shows how lacking your driving skills are if you ask me ;) , I went to the back of the pack after getting on the grass on the first corner of Mario circuit and by the end I was on the winners coat tails so it isn't impossible :p

Anyone thinking [MENTION=22298]Bullet

Boring night, never want to do that again. Every race was decided in 5 seconds.

Really? I found it really fun, at the back careful use of slipstreaming and gravity bumping helped catch up with those in front. Sure if you had no one around you had none of those things, but you stick in there ready to take advantage of the smallest mistake.

Glad I was in group two this week by the sounds of it though! It was really fun for us :D

Really? I found it really fun, at the back careful use of slipstreaming and gravity bumping helped catch up with those in front. Sure if you had no one around you had none of those things, but you stick in there ready to take advantage of the smallest mistake.

Glad I was in group two this week by the sounds of it though! It was really fun for us :D

We were dueling it out all night, twas great fun. :heh:

Apart from a couple of races, Group 1 was like a Mario Kart conga line. :laughing:

And he wasn't using a cheating Mii character either. *cough* :hehe:

Actually, I'm sure he was the same weight as me. Otherwise, I would have slowly caught up to him over time.

That never happened.

Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, DCubed's interference was affecting me as well, so I had that to contend with.

Apart from a couple of races, Group 1 was like a Mario Kart conga line. :laughing:

You just needed to look at the mini map at the end of each race to see the issue.

1 or 2 people way out in front with the rest forming a caterpillar of Mii faces.

Anyway, time for my Mii to go on a diet.

Shows how lacking your driving skills are if you ask me ;) , I went to the back of the pack after getting on the grass on the first corner of Mario circuit and by the end I was on the winners coat tails so it isn't impossible :p

I was watching you catch me up periodically... I wasn't easing off but you were steadily catching me up, I was getting a bit concerned on the final corner that you'd lag jump me at the finish line :D

I was watching you catch me up periodically... I wasn't easing off but you were steadily catching me up, I was getting a bit concerned on the final corner that you'd lag jump me at the finish line :D

I was sure I might be able to catch you, but on the final bridge I saw I had run out of track, a little more track and I might have hit your slipstream.

I really enjoyed tonight, as long as you didn't mess up at the start you could work through the pack with the slipstream unless they were just racing better. Mii's shouldn't be used for this theme as it creates unbalanced karts and really everybody should be exactly the same.

I enjoyed the fact that you lost due to your own mistakes rather than getting hit with the bad end of lady lucks stick.

On the the f-zero track twice I missed a boost panel and both times I got overtaken, that's how close it was.

I now have to figure out how to upload the pics.

Lastly, would definitely have been better with bigger groups, more chances for bumping and slipstreaming

I really enjoyed tonight, as long as you didn't mess up at the start you could work through the pack with the slipstream unless they were just racing better. Mii's shouldn't be used for this theme as it creates unbalanced karts and really everybody should be exactly the same.

I enjoyed the fact that you lost due to your own mistakes rather than getting hit with the bad end of lady lucks stick.

On the the f-zero track twice I missed a boost panel and both times I got overtaken, that's how close it was.

I now have to figure out how to upload the pics.

Lastly, would definitely have been better with bigger groups, more chances for bumping and slipstreaming

I agree, I'd played this way 2 player before, it's pretty dull, but with a bunch of racers around you it makes things a lot more interesting, especially when there is a pack about you. Even when you get ahead, a small mistake can cost big. I slipped into 200cc line for baby park, realised it wasn't the right line for 150cc too late, it slowed me down so much I dropped to fourth. Took a while to work back into second, and I was soooo close to getting first on the penultimate corner of the 6th lap... but missed the chance and didn't get it given to me again!

So fun racing tonight.. had 2 weeks off too, so perhaps the game felt fresher to me than usual

Lies! :heh:

q4EpXLw.jpg

That doesn't mean he wasn't in the the same weight class.

Height is a factor that decides your Mii's weight as well as your weight.

Here are the results from Thursday

The Results

@Glen\-i for stepping in and arranging the groups while I was busy. Also very thin on numbers, hopefully will pick up, if you can, get your friends to join, the more the merrier. Two players were also made inactive however Viceview51 rejoined.

Group 1 + 2

No connection problems reported

Running low on theme ideas so keep them coming in guys, they are much appreciated. Signing off for now, theme is below, I have chosen the theme this week. A couple of themes ago we had tarmac only and road karts so I have done the opposite, dirt/no track and ATVs. Enjoy!!

Next Theme Night Thursday 11th June 8pm

GP1_zpsvqfomg0e.jpg

GP2_zpsdumok7yw.jpg

GP3_zpsk43ksfnf.jpg

If you wish to sign up to this "Always in" List, confirm it along with your "in" post for next weeks league night.

Getting low on theme suggestions, huh?

There's been one rattling around in my head for a bit. Guess I should finalize some appropriate courses.

Sweet, I shot up, now no complaints about what group me and my bro are in.

EDIT: We're both in!

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Next Theme Night Thursday 11th June 8pm

@Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i

2. @HollolW NNID: ???

Group 2: BowserBasher is host, add NNID: BowserBasher

1. @dazzybee NNID: DarrenBolton

2. @BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher

3. @Hamishmash NNID: Hamish

4. @Phube NNID:Phubey

5. @Clownferret NNID: clownferret

6. @Jimbob NNID: Jimbob-NE

7. @Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14

Still time to sign up, will update this later. You know the drill, add you host before rooms open at 7:45pm and follow the theme. Good luck and see you later!!

I'm out tonight. I'll be playing splatoon on the new map! Sorry! Back next week!