NEurope
lostmario

Mario Kart League 2015

Man, the last GP was hell until the last race. Undid most of my good work in GP1, can't wait to see how this night has shaken up the league table.

Man, the last GP was hell until the last race. Undid most of my good work in GP1, can't wait to see how this night has shaken up the league table.

Such a wild night, everything was just crazy

ARGH!!! From 1st to 4th in the blink of an eye on that last GP!! I was soooo close!!!

Either way, considering that I went in blind, I think I did pretty good! (And I totally didn't get lucky with 3 red shells in 2nd place on that one track ;) )

Group 2:

GP1:

11160588_10153258994833210_1158733130081561986_n.jpg?oh=948ef5a4bd7e56fd7c941031fe61eabe&oe=559A12A5

GP2:

10523345_10153258994893210_703252527536376516_n.jpg?oh=15a477afd9a422887f83c39d5adde1b1&oe=55DA7CAE

GP3:

11140339_10153258994943210_5229644016206845141_n.jpg?oh=25237098f3d586f68fe9b05e1f0a44b4&oe=55A587E9&__gda__=1436162860_592ed3ab07ffc3206859acb85db354e0

And this is why I'll never be in group 1 (damn you emerald's brother!!! *shakes fist angrily*

That was insane. First time i've had a shot at the new tracks (which are very nice by the way), didn't do too badly. My main issue was the brakes, which i didn't know Mario Kart had. I think i got used to it by the end.

As everyone has said, that was insane! Really makes you play differently, learn the tracks again. Corners which you could take with ease are now a complete different matter. Loved it. I was very pleased with my 2 4th places on the last 2 F-Zero tracks.

I think we should do it again. I'm thinking we make it a special on certain nights, and then from next year, it's 200cc or nothing.

Was harsh racing new tracks on 200cc. Using brakes in mario kart is so bloody alien it's like playing a different game. Hats off to Nintendo though, this is how dlc should be. There is absolutely no reason for yearly versions of Fifa and COD they could so easily release updates and patches and then spend their time making other games.

And this is why I'll never be in group 1 (damn you emerald's brother!!! *shakes fist angrily*

Depends on who is in next week, but I think you'll probably get a shot at group 1 next week with any luck - I think I've dropped down a couple of places and a couple of others too... you don't necessarily need to put your average up if enough have theirs lowered!

I'm one of those that definitely has their average lowered.

Unless I move up me and my little bro will probably be in group 2 next week since my little bro scored rather poorly.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Haven't started yet but I reckon by the looks of the results there will be a lot of place changing. I mean if you look at the league table in some cases 1 point separates the majority of the middle section of the table

are you using a couple of yogurt pots and a piece of string as a phone line???

Not really, but it's close. In this case I blame more Nintendo's servers, I've tested my connection and it could have downloaded that in 2h at most. I had a glimmer of hope when I saw the ETA dropping within the time GP was about to start... but then at the last 20% the ETA added an extra hour. :(

I'm one of those that definitely has their average lowered.

The biggest gain in average point score dropped 4 places this week, just depends where you are on the table.

Seeing as lostmario and foohad rejoined this week I think most of us will be going down a couple of places (apart from the top 3!)

I was expecting to drop down clearly into league two this week but looks like I'll be in the middle again, so it'll depend on how many take part in the next league night, if it's as popular as this one was I'll probably be in group 1 again.. if it's as popular as last weeks I believe I'll be going into group 2!

Not really, but it's close. In this case I blame more Nintendo's servers, I've tested my connection and it could have downloaded that in 2h at most. I had a glimmer of hope when I saw the ETA dropping within the time GP was about to start... but then at the last 20% the ETA added an extra hour. :(

On the sunny side... looks like you're heading up the table this week!

Sorry it has taken so long

The results

Results_zpsnolvgn1t.jpg

The League Table

League%20table_zpssp69ksax.jpg

Post race comments

Well that was a great night of high speed fun. Glad we had a good trunout for the this night. Would like to Welcome Chirs to the league and also welcome back to @lostmario and @Foohad, hopefully we will be seeing more of you all. Lots of place changing this week, still very tight in the middle/

Group 1

Foohad, Nightfire and HollolW DC in GP2 but the rest of the night there was no reported issues

Group 2

No reported issues

Now we have had a go at the new mode, what are everyone's thoughts. Do we keep it as a fun mode that will be switched on in certain themes, or do we change the league to 200cc? Let me know your thoughts.

Signing off for now, next week will be player choice and for this night 200cc will be incorporated.

Next League Night Thursday 30th April 8pm

GP1_zpson2puwqm.jpg

GP2_zpsyagwmgre.jpg

GP3_zpsb0ophuz0.jpg

If you wish to sign up to this "Always in" List, confirm it along with your "in" post for next weeks league night.

It will be upto you if you choose to sign up to this list to let me know when you can't play. One no show without prior notice and you will be removed from this list for four weeks.

Now we have had a go at the new mode, what are everyone's thoughts. Do we keep it as a fun mode that will be switched on in certain themes, or do we change the league to 200cc? Let me know your thoughts.
Personally I'd say 200cc should be an occasional thing, like frantic mode and specific item theme nights.

7!! I thought it was only 3, ill Amend that tomorrow

There were 11 racers in GP2 right? I know only 5 didn't disconnect so 6 actually.

I'm both glad and terrified to see myself shoot up the table this week :heh:

I had a really good night of racing, particularly a spell in which I won 4 consecutive races, and was more than satisfied to win GP 2 and 3 :grin: The thought of returning to Group 1 is daunting, though, as I usually find it brutally difficult!

I'd say the 200cc should be as @RedShell has said, special themed nights like frantic mode is.

I'm in this week as well.

Down 7 places! Gah.

Anyway, this is what I said about 200cc on my last post.

I think we should do it again. I'm thinking we make it a special for theme nights, and then from next year, it's 200cc or nothing. I think by then we will all have gotten to grips with the speed, and playing on 150cc will seem slow in comparison.

Yep, I also agree with 200cc being an occasional thing.

Despite the fact that it appears to have helped me to catch up to you a bit.