NEurope
lostmario

Mario Kart League 2015

Certainly was a lot of fun, did get a few sneaky top 5 finishes. Great races indeed.

DAT WALUIGI CAMERA ANGLE! Trust me, it looks even funnier in slow motion.

@RedShell, if you can somehow recreate that camera angle and post a slo-mo GIF, that would be brill.

Lost my points in GP2, got disconnected just before last race, managed to connect before the start of the last race, think i might have finished higher than last for a change, please can i have my points back

Lost my points in GP2, got disconnected just before last race, managed to connect before the start of the last race, think i might have finished higher than last for a change, please can i have my points back

If anyone from group 2 can retrieve them, I'd be happy to add them on

The Results

@\[b\]\[u\]\[color\="Red"\]Bullet Will\[/color\]\[/u\]\[/b\][/color][/size][/center]

Also well done to all the players in the top 5 this month:

@Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i

4. @HollolW NNID: ???

Quite possibly the worst combination of vehicle parts and tracks I've ever seen for a league night. I'd nearly give next week a miss. Who's torturish crap idea was that? If I had to guess, I'd say @Glen\-i ?

Nevermind. I just read.

Ok, Signing out for now, next week we have theme suggested from Glen-i and from it's name could be a lot of fun or your worst nightmare. The theme is called 'The Worst Theme Night Ever'!!!

How did I guess? It had to be and could only be you. You're sick in the head. :shakehead

Edited by Wii

Haha.. I actually think most of the tracks for next week look pretty decent :heh:

I'm absolutely DELIGHTED not to see Toad Harbour appear as that is one of the worst tracks in the game for me. I was nearly sick when it was selected completed at random at the start of GP1 and GP2 last night. Horrible. I never score well in it :nono:

It's a shame Toad's name has been slapped onto Harbour and Turnpike to create a couple of Mario Kart 8's minor low points :indeed:

Oh I'm looking forward to the highlights of this week!

Sadly I'm out as usual for this "odd" week, but it's gonna be a fun one to watch later on! :D

Tried out the set up on-line. really like it. Just a little slow in acceleration!

How did I guess? It had to be and could only be you. You're sick in the head. :shakehead

Then I'm bloody well doing my job, it's called "The worst theme night ever" for a reason.

It's well researched sickness, mind. I trawled through last years forum and found the most complained about vehicle setup, made it hard to control and then got the most complained about stages.

Some of you are a bunch of whiners, you know? I capitalised on that.

Tried out the set up on-line. really like it. Just a little slow in acceleration!

What!?

Huh... Given the amount of complaints inward drifting got last year, I'm amazed you like it.

Then I'm bloody well doing my job, it's called "The worst theme night ever" for a reason.

It's well researched sickness, mind. I trawled through last years forum and found the most complained about vehicle setup, made it hard to control and then got the most complained about stages.

Some of you are a bunch of whiners, you know? I capitalised on that.

That's so unfair because I'm probably the biggest whiner about tracks so I've been punished badly and I hate bikes. :p

You're evil. Tried it out and you guessed right, I hate it. It's a constant battle just to control it. You've to corner late because it's a bike and it doesn't grip well so corners really poorly. Made worse by being in group 1, this is going to be a bike crash. You should win next week, seeing as this is your kind of setup. Hate at least 6 of the tracks and only to I like. Maybe the week after I'll pick what I like. :)

That's so unfair because I'm probably the biggest whiner about tracks so I've been punished badly and I hate bikes. :p

You're evil. Tried it out and you guessed right, I hate it. It's a constant battle just to control it. You've to corner late because it's a bike and it doesn't grip well so corners really poorly. Made worse by being in group 1, this is going to be a bike crash. You should win next week, seeing as this is your kind of setup. Hate at least 6 of the tracks and only to I like. Maybe the week after I'll pick what I like. :)

OK, I'm gonna put this to bed.

I DESPISE this vehicle setup!

Good cornering is the crux of my usual setup, so I went out of my way to make it as awful as possible. Thinking that if I can't control it, what hope does anyone else have?

Muscle memory is my biggest enemy this week, it's inward drift, but I can't corner like I normally do. It's extremely off-putting!

There was around 9 people who vocally voiced their hatred of the Yoshi Bike theme night last year, it was a clear winner.

I think my results of last, last, first show how frantic that mode really is.

Unfortunately, i am OUT this week. But will be in next.

OK, I'm gonna put this to bed.

I DESPISE this vehicle setup!

Good cornering is the crux of my usual setup, so I went out of my way to make it as awful as possible. Thinking that if I can't control it, what hope does anyone else have?

Muscle memory is my biggest enemy this week, it's inward drift, but I can't corner like I normally do. It's extremely off-putting!

There was around 9 people who vocally voiced their hatred of the Yoshi Bike theme night last year, it was a clear winner.

You should have added an icy level, the set up has NO grip on the first section of Mount Wario... Hilarity at the 'bridge' section would have ensued!!

DAT WALUIGI CAMERA ANGLE! Trust me, it looks even funnier in slow motion.

@RedShell, if you can somehow recreate that camera angle and post a slo-mo GIF, that would be brill.

Well I tried to recreate that angle in MKTV, but unfortunately it just wouldn't happen. :blank:Customisable camera options next time please, Nintendo!

Here's a slo-mo of my misfortune anyway: :hehe:

Speaking of misfortune...

I shroom dodged a Spiny for the first time in ages (hardly ever in 1st place anymore, let alone with a shroom) but even that wasn't enough to win the race. I got pinpoint green shelled on the 3rd lap, which opened the door for a multitude of attacks and a cheeky last second nudge by / nando / :D:

"So unfair!" :heh:

Anyway, next week sure is going to be interesting with that bike. Looking forward to it though.

: peace:

You should have added an icy level, the set up has NO grip on the first section of Mount Wario... Hilarity at the 'bridge' section would have ensued!!

The only problem is people here actually like Mount Wario. Can't be having a track people like!

Ice Ice Outpost is going to be funny though. Along with the off-road tracks.

@The Mole, something I forgot to mention when I sent you the excel file. You are aware you can change the background for the themes, right?

Right click the image and change picture.

@The Mole, something I forgot to mention when I sent you the excel file. You are aware you can change the background for the themes, right?

Right click the image and change picture.

I was not aware of this, thanks :)

Next League night: Thursday 2nd April 8pm

@Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i

4. @RedShell NNID: RedShell

5. @dazzybee NNID: DarrenBolton

6. @Wii NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

7. @Pestneb NNID: Sjonpi

Group 2: Clownferret is host, add NNID: clownferret

1. @viceview51 NNID: viceview51

2. @BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher

3. @Phube NNID:Phubey

4. @Clownferret NNID: clownferret

5. @Jimbob NNID: Jimbob-NE

6. @Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14

Still places to sign up, will update this at roughly 6, groups could change, make sure you add your host. Rooms open at 7:45pm!

@The Mole @Phube

It's my daughters birthday party tonight, which includes sleepover at our house. Whilst I intend to play there is a chance I may miss it with all the shenanigans going on, so probably best to make somebody else the host.

@The Mole @Phube

It's my daughters birthday party tonight, which includes sleepover at our house. Whilst I intend to play there is a chance I may miss it with all the shenanigans going on, so probably best to make somebody else the host.

Ok thanks for the heads up. can everyone please add @BowserBasher if you are in group 2 please