NEurope
lostmario

Mario Kart League 2015

Not really feeling it this year, I was hoping someone would want to take over but that is looking very unlikely. I'll be taking part tomorrow but I might be out until the DLC hits. I'll see if I'm in the mood for Mario Kart or not each Thursday. With that, I'm not being host for either group this year.

To be honest, I'm sort of feeling similarly at the moment :hmm:

As much as I enjoyed coming late the the party last year, having a specific night to play one particular game every week isn't usually how I like to do things. I generally prefer to play what I want whenever I'm in the mood as opposed to dedicated a night to a game each week whether I want to play it or not.. but then noone is forcing me to join :heh:

I suspect the DLC in May will add some spice again but I fear being burnt out a little by then.. and I'm expecting to suffer a nightmare in Week 1 due to being dropped into Group 1 :shakehead

I suspect the DLC in May will add some spice again but I fear being burnt out a little by then.. and I'm expecting to suffer a nightmare in Week 1 due to being dropped into Group 1 :shakehead

The group members are randomly chosen. Most of the high rankers from the previous year are in Group 2 this week.

You lucked out.

Not really feeling it this year, I was hoping someone would want to take over but that is looking very unlikely. I'll be taking part tomorrow but I might be out until the DLC hits. I'll see if I'm in the mood for Mario Kart or not each Thursday. With that, I'm not being host for either group this year.

Who's else is in?

WTF!

I'm willing to take over when you step down mate, it's unthinkable to me that the league could end.

I've sent Miiverse Friend requests to @Glen\-i, @Foxfear and @f00had.

As the host, I need to know if everyone has the DLC tracks or not, are we allowed to select the full selection if we all have them?

Nearly had to pull out, couldn't get the WiiU to even turn on yesterday. But managed to get it going, had to pull the plug (literraly) and it worked after putting it back in. Managed to stabilize the internet, so hopefully there will be no disconnections during the GP.

Looking forward to the GP, see you this evening.

I've sent Miiverse Friend requests to @Glen\-i, @Foxfear and @f00had.

As the host, I need to know if everyone has the DLC tracks or not, are we allowed to select the full selection if we all have them?

This year, we use the DLC tracks for every players choice.

Not turned my Wii U on in over a month, I hope it still works.

NEXT LEAGUE NIGHT: TONIGHT Thursday 29th January 2015 - 8.00pm BST

All groups will play 3 GPs

GP1_zps9cb31bfc.jpg

GP2_zps88b7ee92.jpg

GP3_zpsff2a87e2.jpg

IMPORTANT:

1. Everyone: if you haven't already, add your group host ASAP

2. Everyone: join your group host from 7.50, do not join after 8pm.

3. Everyone: If you join the group during a GP, pull out and wait a few minutes later until you think the GP is complete. You will know the GP is over as there will be no course selection screen and they will be in the lobby waiting for you.

4. Everyone: By joining the group during a GP, you will mess up the points system. Have a bit of patience.

5. If you are disconnected, rejoin as quickly as possible and then let me know at the end of the GPs which GP you were disconnected from.

6. If you use a bike in a kart only theme night, same with karts in a bike only theme night, your score will be void

Information for the Group hosts - setting up private lobby

Go to "Friends and Rivals"

SN853147_zps7c905ffe.jpg

Then "Create Room"

SN853148_zps5a1e4f60.jpg

Select "Yes"

SN853149_zps1335035d.jpg

You have now set up a private friends only lobby

SN853150_zps45226278.jpg

Once everyone from your group has joined the lobby

Press A to bring up the pre-set messages and press "start"

SN853151_zps4574ae96.jpg

The following screen will come up to confirm GP details, set it as follows

SN853132_zpsf5c1ef39.jpg

and you are good to go!

If you wish to sign up to this "Always in" List, confirm it along with your "in" post for next weeks league night.

It will be upto you if you choose to sign up to this list to let me know when you can't play. One no show without prior notice and you will be removed from this list for four weeks.

List of Players

"Always in" List

1. @Phube NNID:Phubey 1

2. @The Mole NNID:jcmarshall 2

3. @RedShell NNID: RedShell 1

4. @dazzybee NNID: DarrenBolton 2

5. @Clownferret NNID: clownferret 1

6. @Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i 2

7. @Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14 1

8. @BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher 2

9.@viceview51 NNID: viceview51 1

10. @Hamishmash NNID: Hamish (out this week)

Others In

11.@Emerald Emblem NNID: EmeraldEmblem 2

12.Emerald's Brother 2

13.@Jimbob NNID: Jimbob-NE 1

14.@Gaz1885 NNID: ????? 1

15.@Foxfear NNID: DocChaos007 2

16.@Pestneb NNID: Sjonpi 1

17.lostmario NNID: lostmario 2

18.@Dcubed NNID: Nuclear_Muffin 1

19.@foohad NNID:BrockJames 2

20.Nando NNID:nekunando1

21. @Wii NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Group 1 - RedShell am host, add NNID: RedShell

1.@Phube NNID:Phubey

2.@RedShell NNID: RedShell 1

3.@Clownferret NNID: clownferret 1

4.@Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14 1

5.@viceview51 NNID: viceview51 1

6.@Jimbob NNID: Jimbob-NE 1

7.@Gaz1885 NNID: ????? 1

8.@Pestneb NNID: Sjonpi 1

9.@Dcubed NNID: Nuclear_Muffin 1

10.Nando NNID:nekunando1

Group 2 - BowserBasher is Host , add NNID: BowserBasher

1.@The Mole NNID:jcmarshall

2.@dazzybee NNID: DarrenBolton 2

3. @Glen\-i NNID: Glen-i 2

4.@BowserBasher NNID: BowserBasher 2

5.@Emerald Emblem NNID: EmeraldEmblem 2

6.Emerald's Brother 2

7.@Foxfear NNID: DocChaos007 2

8.lostmario NNID: lostmario 2

9.@foohad NNID:BrockJames 2

10.@Wii NNID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

If anyone else wants to join, next person is in Group 1 and so on.

I'm looking forward to doing a RedShell and showing up at the last minute.

I'm looking forward to doing a RedShell and showing up at the last minute.
Start time is 8pm, is it not? I was certainly never late. ;)

Speaking of which, Group 1...

@Phube NNID:Phubey

@Clownferret NNID: clownferret 1

@Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14 1

@viceview51 NNID: viceview51 1

@Jimbob NNID: Jimbob-NE 1

@Gaz1885 NNID: ????? 1

@Pestneb NNID: Sjonpi 1

@Dcubed NNID: Nuclear_Muffin 1

Nando NNID:nekunando1

I'll be opening the room at 19:55.

If anyone/Lostmario isn't cool with that, then someone else will probably have to host in the future.

Also, I've not received a freind request from Gaz1885, and don't have their NNID so can't add them. :blank:

Start time is 8pm, is it not? I was certainly never late. ;)

Speaking of which, Group 1...

@Phube NNID:Phubey

@Clownferret NNID: clownferret 1

@Brian58 NNID: Hairdresser14 1

@viceview51 NNID: viceview51 1

@Jimbob NNID: Jimbob-NE 1

@Gaz1885 NNID: ????? 1

@Pestneb NNID: Sjonpi 1

@Dcubed NNID: Nuclear_Muffin 1

Nando NNID:nekunando1

I'll be opening the room at 19:55.

If anyone/Lostmario isn't cool with that, then someone else will probably have to host in the future.

Also, I've not received a freind request from Gaz1885, and don't have their NNID so can't add them. :blank:

He told me he wasn't sure he would be able to make it tonight... I did tell him yesterday that he needed to either give his NNID or let you guys know if he was pulling out for the night.

I assume he has pulled out because he's on call tonight...

Bit annoyed at him really. At least the groups weren't full this week.

Just as a heads up, I'm running a little behind, so getting online for GP1 will be a bit tight. So an advanced request, if I'm not there on time please start without me... always annoyed me when the first GP would get delayed 10/15 minutes for one person.. and I don't want to be that one person!

I will contact Gaz.. I believe his NNID is GazFord. He is on call tonight though so even if he does accept the friend request he may be a no show, if he gets a call out.

ok update, called his place, he is out till 8/8.30. I'm half tempted to call his wife and get her to take his place, although I can't imagine him being too pleased... anyone remembering my "prowess" from last year... well I beat him quite consistently (barring the item induced exceptions).. and he beats her similarly. So I don't think she'd do his average rating much good. Could help the rest of us in the group though :D

Going online now to get some much needed practise. I genuinely haven't played this since the last league night.

more than a little concerned that all the metroid downloads are going to play havoc with the online tonight

If it weren't for that utterly disastrous 2nd GP, that would've actually been an ok start to the year...

Just a shame about that 2nd GP...

Good games though! : peace:

I'm Excited! Hooray!! :yay:

that last bit just now was mental, shame I ended up getting hit by everything :D Do you guys need me to post results for Group 2 or are you OK?

Fantastic start for me.

I've still got it!

I'm gonna go on Smash now, if anyone fancies punching me in the face.

Bit of a mixed night for me there. Some bad bad luck and item raped from the get go. Messed up a few times too. Best was GP three for me this week.

GP1

mYxpYwp.png

GP2

SpJmUzO.png

GP3

ZVZi6OB.png

Fairly annoyed that ye didn't wait. I was there on time in the room and I told ye that I was just switching to the LAN adapter because I was having lag in my practise races online and I said I would be back, ye said it was fine. I come back to find ye had started, ye weren't even at the starting line. For a league that is struggling for members ye don't do much to encourage someone to want to come back next week.

@lostmario i raced the first three races of gp1 then got disconnected, don't know if anybody had the point up till that point

You can work it out using MKTV.

Fairly annoyed that ye didn't wait. I was there on time in the room and I told ye that I was just switching to the LAN adapter because I was having lag in my practise races online and I said I would be back, ye said it was fine. I come back to find ye had started, ye weren't even at the starting line. For a league that is struggling for members ye don't do much to encourage someone to want to come back next week.

My apologies, I did not have the mic on so did not hear and no one posted here to say. I let it go till 2 minutes past 8 and decided to start.