NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Pokémon Shuffle (3DS/Android/iOS)

I'm not "trying to get Nintendo out of it", I'm trying to explain to you how Pokémon spin-offs are made/decided, and Nintendo is seldom mentioned in their development.

Bull. There is noway a decision like this is t coming from Nintendo. Don't be,iece it for kne second.

Bull. There is noway a decision like this is t coming from Nintendo. Don't be,iece it for kne second.

That's because you don't know the process of how spin-off Pokémon games are developed. I do.

It's not unprecedented for Genius Sonority to do this, seeing the success of DenpaMen RPG Free.

That's because you don't know the process of how spin-off Pokémon games are developed. I do.

It's not unprecedented for Genius Sonority to do this, seeing the success of DenpaMen RPG Free.

I don't care what you think you know. There is no way on earth that nintendo wouldn't have approved this. It's now how business works.

But you don't know how the process of business works. I do.

Isn't this the same game as Pokemon Link: Battle!, but with free play/microtransactions?? Or I am missing something?

Just ridiculous attempt to try and get Nintendo out of it. If Nintendo didn't want it to happen, it would't be happening. This is Nintendo's decision and we all know it. Part of their "experimenting".

While there's an air of truth in what you're saying about Nintendo having the final say, Serebii is right about it being ok'd by The Pokemon Company themselves rather than Nintendo directly - so it isn't really "Nintendo" allowing this to happen in this case.

This also isn't TPC's first foray into F2P either. Pokemon TCG online also uses a similar system, where you can use gems to buy in-game content. Likewise, Denpa Men Free uses a similar system as this game, so it was likely Genius Sonority's decision to implement this system and then TPC Ok'd it, while Nintendo remained hands off as they always do with what TPC do.

Still surprised that they didn't really step in here though, cause it's pretty nasty really...

Isn't this the same game as Pokemon Link: Battle!, but with free play/microtransactions?? Or I am missing something?

It's like a turn based version of PLBattle. Similar mechanics but it plays a bit differently and is generally slower paced.

I don't care what you think you know. There is no way on earth that nintendo wouldn't have approved this. It's now how business works.

But you don't know how the process of business works. I do.

"think I know"? Please. You forget who I am. I'm not just Joe, the Nintendo fan who defends most of their stuff. I run the world's biggest Pokémon website. There is nothing Pokémon that I don't know, including how the games are sorted. As such, there is no need for your tone. You just misunderstand how Pokémon is dealt with. Nintendo is extremely hands-off with it, because the series isn't owned just by them.

"think I know"? Please. You forget who I am. I'm not just Joe, the Nintendo fan who defends most of their stuff. I run the world's biggest Pokémon website. There is nothing Pokémon that I don't know, including how the games are sorted. As such, there is no need for your tone. You just misunderstand how Pokémon is dealt with. Nintendo is extremely hands-off with it, because the series isn't owned just by them.

There is no way Nintendo wouldn't have had to approve this. No way whatsoever. One of they robust franchises on one of their consoles, a new payment system that Iwata has chatted about including. No way whatsoever Nintendo just blindly let them do what they wanted.

But we're starting slightly, as for the game... Is it more pokemon puzzle league or that not-even-a-game they released last year? Or something new?

There is no way Nintendo wouldn't have had to approve this. No way whatsoever. One of they robust franchises on one of their consoles, a new payment system that Iwata has chatted about including. No way whatsoever Nintendo just blindly let them do what they wanted.

But we're starting slightly, as for the game... Is it more pokemon puzzle league or that not-even-a-game they released last year? Or something new?

You still don't understand how it is with the spin-off games. Nintendo have very little say. The microtransaction concept isn't even new to the 3DS with Genius Sonority (developer of this game) having already done it with DenpaMen RPG Free last year, as both @Dcubed & I stated.

Also, this is a match 3 puzzle game like Pokémon Link and Pokémon Link Battle, but this time you don't have control in between the combos. Plus, Pokémon Link Battle WAS a game. I still don't understand how you can say it's "not even a game". Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's not a game. It's a perfectly valid puzzle game.

You still don't understand how it is with the spin-off games. Nintendo have very little say. The microtransaction concept isn't even new to the 3DS with Genius Sonority (developer of this game) having already done it with DenpaMen RPG Free last year, as both @Dcubed & I stated.

Also, this is a match 3 puzzle game like Pokémon Link and Pokémon Link Battle, but this time you don't have control in between the combos. Plus, Pokémon Link Battle WAS a game. I still don't understand how you can say it's "not even a game". Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's not a game. It's a perfectly valid puzzle game.

Okay, we're getting nowhere so I'll leave it, but you have no idea how much nintendo are involved, you're not there in any meetings, discussing release strategies, pricing strategies etc So please stop using your site as a way of trying to impose authority on discussions. You know who develops it great, but you don't know where the command to develop the game came from, or who was involved in the pricing discussions. I am 99% certain Nintendo were involved in that. You don't, fine. But please stop acting all high and mighty that you KNOW certain things when you don't and that your opinion is more valid. It isn't.

As for that "game", it's like one of those childrens toys were you put different shapes into the holes... you drag pokemon with nothing stopping you to line up with other pokemon, with speed being the only challenge. It's one of, if not THE, most pitiful "game" I've ever played.

Okay, we're getting nowhere so I'll leave it, but you have no idea how much nintendo are involved, you're not there in any meetings, discussing release strategies, pricing strategies etc So please stop using your site as a way of trying to impose authority on discussions. You know who develops it great, but you don't know where the command to develop the game came from, or who was involved in the pricing discussions. I am 99% certain Nintendo were involved in that. You don't, fine. But please stop acting all high and mighty that you KNOW certain things when you don't and that your opinion is more valid. It isn't.

Except I KNOW what the process of spin-off game greenlighting is, and that Nintendo seldom has a say in it. Don't tell me what I know and what I don't know when I know what I know more than you know what I know, you know?

As for that "game", it's like one of those childrens toys were you put different shapes into the holes... you drag pokemon with nothing stopping you to line up with other pokemon, with speed being the only challenge. It's one of, if not THE, most pitiful "game" I've ever played.

It's still a puzzle game. People could say the same thing about Tetris, and you say that's a game do you not?

It's still a puzzle game. People could say the same thing about Tetris, and you say that's a game do you not?

But in tetris there is loads of strategy and there is a constant obstacle of the board rising, not getting the pieces you want, planning ahead, going for immediate points or saving for the tetris. It's so complex and loads of room for strategy.

That game is literally just move a pokemon, with no obstacle to some other pokemon. But the faster you do it the better the score. It's so weird that game. I'd play it and think "surely there's something to it more than this, surely I'm missing something" But no...

I loved Pokemon Puzzle League though and love stuff like Zoo Keeper and Bejewelled so if it's more like that I'm in. 30 minutes at a time.

But in tetris there is loads of strategy and there is a constant obstacle of the board rising, not getting the pieces you want, planning ahead, going for immediate points or saving for the tetris. It's so complex and loads of room for strategy.

That game is literally just move a pokemon, with no obstacle to some other pokemon. But the faster you do it the better the score. It's so weird that game. I'd play it and think "surely there's something to it more than this, surely I'm missing something" But no...

I loved Pokemon Puzzle League though and love stuff like Zoo Keeper and Bejewelled so if it's more like that I'm in. 30 minutes at a time.

There are obstacles in this one: boxes that get removed by making a match adjacent to them. You also have a set amount of moves you can make.

Though aside from being unable to move more Pokémon when combos are happening, this is just the next in the Link Battle series so similar gameplay

New trailer:

Pokémon Shuffle - Game & Watch (Video Preview)

Pokemon Shuffle - a few more details on microtransactions and gameplay

- start with five "Hearts"

- each stage, no matter win/lose, takes one Heart to play

- Hearts take 30 minutes to refill

- each stage features a new Pokemon character to catch

- you have a percentage chance to nab it depending on how well you match

- the better you do in a stage, the higher your percentage of capture

- you can pay 2500 Coins for a Great Ball

- one premium currency $1 Gem translates to 3000 Coins

- one gem will give you back 5 hearts

- get an extra jewel when you spend $5

- streetpassing can get you more items as well

- each level has a move limit

- unlockable expert mode that's driven by a time limit

- capture Mega Pokemon as well

- you can only have one Mega Pokemon in your party at a time

- build up a meter for that specific Mega Pokemon by matching icons that represent them

- when you fill the meter, the icons will change into the Mega version

- these Mega icons deal big chain reactions and board-clearing moves

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/247545-pokemon-shuffle-a-few-more-details-on-microtransactions-and-gameplay

http://www.destructoid.com/pok-mon-shuffle-s-microtransactions-are-even-worse-than-i-thought-287809.phtml

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/hands-on-preview/39655/hands-on-with-nintendos-new-free-to-play-pokemon-game

"think I know"? Please. You forget who I am.

You really don't help yourself with comments like this

You really don't help yourself with comments like this

When people attempt to condescend me, my ego does take over. Bad character trait.

Another character defect is bare faced lying, and arrogance.

You know everything there is to know about Pokemon? Boool sheeet.

Another character defect is bare faced lying, and arrogance.

You know everything there is to know about Pokemon? Boool sheeet.

Nope. In that case it is actually true. Sorry :)

Nope. In that case it is actually true. Sorry :)

Well, sorry to break it to you and your ego, but you don't. Sooner you accept that the less of a bighead you appear to everyone around here.

Just like any other fan doesn't know everything about any one game series, on account of them not being the ones who made it. There are intricacies and decisions that there will have been made about any game that will never come to light, it's just the way it is.

Well, sorry to break it to you and your ego, but you don't. Sooner you accept that the less of a bighead you appear to everyone around here.

Just like any other fan doesn't know everything about any one game series, on account of them not being the ones who made it. There are intricacies and decisions that there will have been made about any game that will never come to light, it's just the way it is.

Granted, but if there's anyone who comes even close, it's me.

Yeah... Looking at the horrendous practices on display here with this game... There is no way that I am downloading this garbage.

Genius Sonority/The Pokemon Company can fuck right off with this. And Nintendo should be ashamed that they didn't stop this from happening; they really should've stepped in. Even though their usual policy with TPC is to remain hands off, TPC and Genius Sonority are really taking the piss here and Nintendo shouldn't be letting them damage their brand :mad:

It's an insult to the series and their customers.

Edited by Dcubed

So... am I the only one who likes this game, then? :heh:

I'm having tons more fun with it than I did with Pokémon Link: Battle, at least. I've already failed three captures, but it has never seemed unfair, and the waiting seems perfectly fine, too - in fact it'll probably help me avoid unleashing my rage as I did so many times with the other game... It's nice to have some (forced) time to cool down. :)

I guess I haven't made it too far into the game yet considering I haven't spent any money (or even Jewels) yet, but so far I've had tons of fun and I look forward to playing more in a couple of hours.

Genius Sonority/The Pokemon Company can fuck right off with this.

Pokemon Colosseum/XD is looking much more appealing now, huh?

It is getting very hard to continue liking Genius Sonority though. Denpa Men 1-3 are great but I don't like this route they're taking.

Sign in to follow this